READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE STARTING!
First thing, check to see if you already have the CF03 ROM, since most of the newer i910s being shipped out (replacements, at this point) already have it! Start-Settings-System-Version. Look at ROM Version, if it says "S:i910.10 V.CF03" then you're all set to use a custom ROM (see post#2). Otherwise, read on...
There are two options to update to the CF03 Official Verizon ROM. The first, and recommended method, is to use Verizon's own update software.
For both methods, ensure that:
* You backup your contacts/calendar/SMS/emails using a third party backup utility, such as PIMBackup, or Activesync. If using a utility that saves a backup into a file, make sure that the file is stored in My Storage, or a storage card, or on your PC for safekeeping.
* Make sure that you are using a USB 2.0 or later USB port, and not connecting through a USB hub (plug the phone right into the computer).
* Make sure that your phone has at least a 50% battery charge (A full charge is your best bet, obvi).
Install the phone's drivers in XP:
* Insert the Verizon installation disk that came with your Omnia, and run through the driver installation.
* Plug in your phone (with it on) and ensure that your computer can see it.
* Unplug your phone.
Install the phone's drivers in Vista/Win7:
* Simply plug your Omnia in with it turned on. Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for you.
* Unplug your phone after the driver installation is completed.
Method 1: Verizon's update software
* Download the VZW update software here: http://sharebee.com/bd345218 (just choose a link and download)
* DO NOT PLUG IN YOUR PHONE YET!
* Run the .exe and follow it step by step, it's pretty fool proof and self-explantatory.
* Only plug in your phone when prompted to in the update process!
Method 2: Using UMDL NOTE: This method is really only recommended if for some reason Method 1 does not work for you.
* Download the Samsung UMDL software here.
* Download the CF03 .img from here. You must download part 1, 2 and 3, then use a program like winRAR to unzip them. Ignore the other two files.
* Follow the guide below:
Step 2: In your phone settings, switch the USB connection from active sync to sync with Mass Storage. Then turn off your phone until later.
Step 3: Open the Samsung Omnia UMDL
Step 4: Select Unified Image File (*img) and search for the samsung i910 firmware
Step 5: Click the detect button
Step 6: Plug in your phone while it is still turned off.
Step 7: After you plug it in, turn on the phone.
Step8: Your phone should have been detected and the firmware should be written to the disc. Wait for the blue highlight on the UMDL.
Step 9: It should be rebooting and you will need to setup windows again.
Step 10: To turn the GPS on, go to settings -> Phone -> GPS -> Change settings from 911 to location on.
Step 11: Soft reset the phone
Step 12: Program your phone by dialing *228, option 1. Once completed, dial *228 again, this time doing option 2.
And you're done! Now you can move on to custom ROMs built off the CF03 ROM!!!
If, after reading this post, you need help, or something goes wrong. You can message me on AIM or Yahoo. I'm almost always online (unless I'm with friends or sleeping, hehe)!
And if this post helped you out, buy me a drink by clicking on the link in my signature (PayPal, Mastercard, and Visa accepted)! VVVVV
Edited by necosino, 06 January 2010 - 09:04 PM.