Photo

Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

* * * * - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible
  • Twitter:@NecoSino

does the combined file suppoed to be 151mb?

Somewhere around there, yes. :)

Buy me a drink if I helped you out. :)
Posted Image

lorenzoharvey757

lorenzoharvey757

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Somewhere around there, yes. :)

aww thanks for the help man............ just one last ( ? ) what version of winmo 6.5 is thi thats in the 3 combined files

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

aww thanks for the help man............ just one last ( ? ) what version of winmo 6.5 is thi thats in the 3 combined files

It's not. It's Verizon's official update, but still 6.1. To get to 6.5, you'll need to flash a custom ROM PDA image (see post #2 on how to do that) If you look in the i910 ROM section, right below this sticky you'll see a whole bunch of different custom 6.5 ROMs to try out, including my own! :)

Posted Image

omnia77

omnia77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all ,

I am having some troubles updating my verizon samsung omnia , I downloaded the installer program from the website, but everytime, I run into this issue..

See image

Posted Image

i have tried restarting my phone and the proecss over and over, it always says that! how do i update my omnia so I can unlock the GPS feature in google maps? Thankyou

LINK TO SCREEN SHOT

http://img11.imagesh...roblemhelp.png/

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Hi all ,

I am having some troubles updating my verizon samsung omnia , I downloaded the installer program from the website, but everytime, I run into this issue..

i have tried restarting my phone and the proecss over and over, it always says that! how do i update my omnia so I can unlock the GPS feature in google maps? Thankyou

Read the guide and, as stated, if you have issues with the verizon updater, use method #2 on the first post..

Posted Image

omnia77

omnia77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
but i am not familiar with phones/programs or any of that editing altering of the system at all. I do not feel safe using Method # 2.

can anyone shed any light on my situation? I really want to update my omnia.

aace

aace

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

but i am not familiar with phones/programs or any of that editing altering of the system at all. I do not feel safe using Method # 2.

really want gps / google map to work?
...then you have to trust folks here - just read and follow the instructions as necosino have outlined and you can't go wrong...

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Before you start, read this:
First thing, check to see if you already have the CF03 ROM, since most of the newer i910s being shipped out (replacements, at this point) already have it! Start-Settings-System-Version. Look at ROM Version, if it says "S:i910.10 V.CF03" then you're all set to use a custom ROM (see post#2). Otherwise, read on...

If you already have the CF03 rom, your GPS is fully unlocked already! Just go to settings - Personal - Phone - Services - GPS - Location ON and soft reset.

Let me tell you, it's harder to break your omnia via flashing that you think :P (At one point I wanted to brick mine, and tried for 3 hours pulling the plug, using a bad image, etc, and it just wouldn't die!!!) Anyway, at the end of the post is my yahoo/AIM screen names, if you want, I can help you through it. I'm always on.. unless I'm not. :D (I think I'm the only one that openly gives out their own s/n's like that ;) )

Edited by necosino, 30 October 2009 - 11:23 PM.

Posted Image

krongsak

krongsak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

Some help from the experts would be appreciated.
I have been running various roms on my omnia with success for a while. Recently my phone displayed a warning indicating the storage space was critically low. I proceeded with deleting those files I thought were innocuous, IE5 cache, temp directory, etc. After the native winmo applications acted weird, email message loading would freeze but opera for instance would work fine. I know, dumb mistake.
I proceeded to do a hard reset, reflashed verizon Cf03 but always got the same results: flash completes successfully, I reboot the phone, animation start and...nothing, just a white screen. Several soft resets did not help.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Flash a custom ROM, you won't regret it! :D

Posted Image

krongsak

krongsak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Flash a custom ROM, you won't regret it! :D

The thing is I have also tried that and the result is exactly the same. Little animation that goes on forever and then white screen :P

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Very odd. This happens even when you flash the CF03 ROM? It sounds like the flash is just failing. You may need to try another USB port or a whole other computer.

Posted Image

krongsak

krongsak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have both tried flashing CF03 with the verizon tool and other roms with the umdl tool. In each case the flash completes successfully, the phone reboots, I see whatever animation comes with the ROM and then nothing. The animation goes on until the device screen goes into power saving, or the equivalent, and when I press any key I get a white screen and that's it. Very strange indeed

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

I have both tried flashing CF03 with the verizon tool and other roms with the umdl tool. In each case the flash completes successfully, the phone reboots, I see whatever animation comes with the ROM and then nothing. The animation goes on until the device screen goes into power saving, or the equivalent, and when I press any key I get a white screen and that's it. Very strange indeed

Have you tried hitting the soft reset button (next to the pwr button) and see if it works after a soft reset?

Posted Image

krongsak

krongsak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Have you tried hitting the soft reset button (next to the pwr button) and see if it works after a soft reset?

Sadly I must report that I have tried that too, several time. The result is always the same, loading animation and then white screen :D

sams6

sams6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
after a couple of flashes i did on my htc I had the same problem scared me after the start up animation the white screen usally would be there on first boot and would stay after a couple minutes i taped the screen and it took me to the screen set up. i am shure you have tapped the screen right.

krongsak

krongsak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

after a couple of flashes i did on my htc I had the same problem scared me after the start up animation the white screen usally would be there on first boot and would stay after a couple minutes i taped the screen and it took me to the screen set up. i am shure you have tapped the screen right.

rhudeboye

rhudeboye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I had tried this in both XP and Vista - same results. Anyone with any ideas on the "PDA-Checksum" error?

Did anyone ever come up with solution for the checksum error. I get it as well. I stopped and closed the 23504 MD2 package when it gave the error. Removed the USB (even thoug the phone had th msg do not unplug) and removed the batt. Gave it a reset and avoided a brick.

Would love to find what causes the checksum error before I give it another go.

rarert

rarert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Samsun i910

its worth it... and if you do an spb backup, you wont lose hardly anything.

I downloaded the cab for the voice dialer, which I lost in the upgrade to 6.5. How do you install the cabs? I'm using Samsung's umdl. Thanks.

bkindtoall

bkindtoall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:I-910

its worth it... and if you do an spb backup, you wont lose hardly anything.

Not sure why my Omnia crashed, but it lost phone capability. Off to Google I went. Long story short, after using up the whole morning searching for a solution, this link has lead to success. My phone just finished programming. Thanks so much.

Edited by bkindtoall, 13 November 2009 - 10:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users