Photo

Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

* * * * - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

theidoctor.org

theidoctor.org

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:omnia

Hello....I followed the instructions but i can not use my phone after this. I didnt now this was a american flash so i can not use my phone. I am using a Nordic Omnia soo i wonder i there is a flash that i can use in the UMDL software to flash back to nordic software? Please can some one help me????? <_<

im pretty sure that is the omnia i900 and not the i910, which this post is meant for.

the i910 is a verizon wireless CDMA specific phone

Draconius

Draconius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

im pretty sure that is the omnia i900 and not the i910, which this post is meant for.

the i910 is a verizon wireless CDMA specific phone

Hey doc. Did you get the PM I sent you last week?

theidoctor.org

theidoctor.org

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Devices:omnia

Hey doc. Did you get the PM I sent you last week?

yea... i though i pm'ed you back but it was someone else... check your box now.

gtijim

gtijim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Can someone please help me. First i have downloaded all files from modaco and these threads directly. apparently my windows vista dell laptop doesnt like the UMDL program. This is my first time attempting to flash my phone. Please see pics below. as i follow the instructions, i select the file. hit detect. as soon as i turn my phone back on (it is plugged in via usb and the phone is set to be read as usb connection not active sync) the WinUSB-initialize pop up comes up. i click ok and windows tells me UMDL has stopped working. Any ideas? As far as i know i am doing everything correct. Help would be much appreciated.

jim

Attached Files

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible
  • Twitter:@NecoSino
Read my first post again. Make sure you've connected your phone without disabling Activesync's USB connection settings. Vista will automatically download and install the correct drivers.

THEN disconnect the phone, disable activesync's USB connection, open UMDL, etc etc etc....

Buy me a drink if I helped you out. :)
Posted Image

gtijim

gtijim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Read my first post again. Make sure you've connected your phone without disabling Activesync's USB connection settings. Vista will automatically download and install the correct drivers.

THEN disconnect the phone, disable activesync's USB connection, open UMDL, etc etc etc....

Same result. UMDL has stopped working. would you like windows to search the internet for a solution.... blah blah blah. I do not have much running in the backround on my laptop ( so i dont think its a memory issue b/c i know vista's a hog) It looks like no matter how i run it, UMDL will stop as soon as it detects my phone.

at this point in time its just frustrating as the phone is now again stock and it would take hours to re-install all the little gadgets i had in there. is anyone in NJ that has successfully flashed thier omnia (preferrably more than once) that i can pay you to flash mine so long as i can watch and maybe i can visually see what im doing wrong.

thanks
jim

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Jim, make sure the phone is COMPLETELY off, not just the screen off :) I know a few people have done that, too.. Other people have been able to do it on Vista. I use Win7 though. Try this:

disconnect your phone and TURN IT COMPLETELY OFF. Unplug the battery if you want to be 100% sure its off!
Restart your computer
Open activesync connection settings and UNCHECK ALL of the settings.
Open UMDL, select the .img, and click detect.
Plug in phone, and then turn it on, and see what happens.

Woah, hang on.. You selected Wozzer's v5 ROM. You need to flash the leaked CC20 ROM BEFORE flashing his, otherwise your phone may not work!
Go back to my first post or theidoctor.org, and download the cc20 leaked ROM, it'll be an .img file. Flash that FIRST, THEN reflash with just wozzer's pda .bin part <_<

Edited by necosino, 21 May 2009 - 04:02 PM.

Posted Image

gtijim

gtijim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Jim, make sure the phone is COMPLETELY off, not just the screen off :) I know a few people have done that, too.. Other people have been able to do it on Vista. I use Win7 though. Try this:

disconnect your phone and TURN IT COMPLETELY OFF. Unplug the battery if you want to be 100% sure its off!
Restart your computer
Open activesync connection settings and UNCHECK ALL of the settings.
Open UMDL, select the .img, and click detect.
Plug in phone, and then turn it on, and see what happens.

Woah, hang on.. You selected Wozzer's v5 ROM. You need to flash the leaked CC20 ROM BEFORE flashing his, otherwise your phone may not work!
Go back to my first post or theidoctor.org, and download the cc20 leaked ROM, it'll be an .img file. Flash that FIRST, THEN reflash with just wozzer's pda .bin part <_<

Necosino... Thanks for all your help. basically i was not following things correctly. your post said "From Vista/7: Just plug in normally (don't change activesync settings or try to use UMDL or anything). Windows will download and install the drivers automatically. " so i thought that didnt apply to me. my problem was exactly what you said above open activesync connections and uncheck all of the settings. so therein was my problem. as soon as you had me do that it stopped getting errors and flashed correctly. and YES at first when i took those screen shots i was setting up for catastrophy by using the wrong rom. in the end im glad i did get those errors b/c it prolly saved my phone. i realized i had the wrong rom and got the right one after my post last night. just never updated that i was doing it wrong in the first place.

again thank you for all of your help. i am flashed successfully now.

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Glad to hear it! The part about not changing the activesync settings on Vista/7 is just to get the correct drivers installed. When it comes time to flash, you will need to disable those settings <_<

I'll edit the post to make it even more clear.

Posted Image

gtijim

gtijim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Glad to hear it! The part about not changing the activesync settings on Vista/7 is just to get the correct drivers installed. When it comes time to flash, you will need to disable those settings <_<

I'll edit the post to make it even more clear.

well im sure not everyone is as dense as me

octt

octt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

From XP: Install from the included verizon software CD that comes with the phone
From Vista/7: Just plug in normally (don't change activesync settings or try to use UMDL or anything). Windows will download and install the drivers automatically. (Note: After Windows downloads and installs the drivers, you will still need to disable the activesync USB settings before flashing!)

A quick note about having Windows 7 or Vista install your CDMA driver.. In order for windows to detect your modem and install the CDMA driver, go to Settings > System > Data Connection > and select "As the modem through USB". Otherwise its trying to download and install the driver when your phone is rebooting.. possibly not completing in time... (not good!)

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
If you just connect BEFORE trying to flash, all the drivers will download and install correctly <_<

Posted Image

octt

octt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Prior to Selecting "As the modem through USB" Windows 7 was only detecting and installing something like "Samsung MIT USB Driver". I'm only guessing vista would do the same

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Prior to Selecting "As the modem through USB" Windows 7 was only detecting and installing something like "Samsung MIT USB Driver". I'm only guessing vista would do the same

I've flashed on Win7 build 7000 and 7100, both installed about 5 drivers, including "Samsung SCH-i910"
Both times were on my testing setups, and basically new installations of windows. Nobody else has reported having to do anything like you suggest... Thanks for the tip though, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Posted Image

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
okay I forget, how do I get around the device does not support DPRAM download? I never had that problem before now.

Posted Image

cockybitz

cockybitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:samsung i910
big problem. I followed the steps. UMDL log said Eboot complete and did nothing more. I unplugged the phone *DOH* Now it seems to be dead. Won't turn on. nothing. Any advice?

papacat

papacat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Same problem here as cocybitz. Followed the directions strictly and to the letter. First run I got the "DPRM" not supported error. Deleted the img file and redownloaded a clean one. Then tried again. UDML did the eboot burn then froze. Neither UDML nor the phone would do anything. Phone appeared to have turned off (battery was full). Now device is bricked. Don't know if it will be possible to recover from this one.

cockybitz

cockybitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:samsung i910

How to tell if your computer has USB 2.0 support;

1. Right click on 'My Computer' and click 'Properties'

2. Click 'Hardware' Tab

3. Click 'Device Manager'

4. Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controller in the tree by clicking the '+'

5. Now look for "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller" or just the word "Enhanced"

If you see the word "Enhanced" then you have USB 2.0.

Turns out I do not have USB 2.0

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Sorry to hear that Cocky, chances are your phone is completely bricked then :)

What you can do is take it into verizon, say you went to do a hard reset, and it froze and won't do anything now. Don't mention flashing, ROM, or anything like that! Just say you went to do a hard reset and it froze, nothing more... They'll replace it for you <_<

Posted Image

papacat

papacat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I checked my device manager to be sure and I do have usb 2.0 (the port I had my omnia plugged into also says "usb 2.0" right next to it), but I encountered the exact same error and bricking as Cockybitz. I must say I am hesitant to try flashing the replacement when it comes in. I'm not sure how many of these VZW will be willing to send me! <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users