Photo

Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

* * * * - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
I have a replacement coming in as well and am not entirely sure I am going to flash it to CC20. Supposedly Verizon is going to be giving us an update so I may wait for that...but knowing me I will end up flashing to CC20 an 6.5 again lol.

Posted Image

breadtrk

breadtrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:omnia

I checked my device manager to be sure and I do have usb 2.0 (the port I had my omnia plugged into also says "usb 2.0" right next to it), but I encountered the exact same error and bricking as Cockybitz. I must say I am hesitant to try flashing the replacement when it comes in. I'm not sure how many of these VZW will be willing to send me! <_<

Why is this absolutely required not to brick your phone not a sticky, bold, in red letters?

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible
  • Twitter:@NecoSino

Why is this absolutely required not to brick your phone not a sticky, bold, in red letters?

Actually it is right in my first post: "Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 Connection!!!" Not my fault if people don't follow directions. Sorry to those that had trouble, unfortunately it seems more people post that have issues than post to say they flashed successfully.

Buy me a drink if I helped you out. :)
Posted Image

breadtrk

breadtrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Actually it is right in my first post: "Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 Connection!!!" Not my fault if people don't follow directions. Sorry to those that had trouble, unfortunately it seems more people post that have issues than post to say they flashed successfully.

Sorry, I was trying to make the point that this thread should be a sticky since it is MANDATORY to follow these instructions before you do your first cooked ROM. This thread looks like all the other threads and if it is 10th or so in the list a first timer will not see it. I am willing to bet that almost all of the fellas that had problems did not see this thread first.

cockybitz

cockybitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:samsung i910
I thought that the usb 2.0 was the rectangle one, whereas the 1.0 was the more square like USB connection. That is why I posted how to determine what version you have.

breadtrk

breadtrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I thought that the usb 2.0 was the rectangle one, whereas the 1.0 was the more square like USB connection. That is why I posted how to determine what version you have.

There are no visible differences between USB1 and USB2, they look the same.

niknik420

niknik420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:wing
im about to start flashing my friends phone and need to sttart here but he is on cricket network almost all the stetings still verizon exept the phone can i still flash this since its a verizon rom

theidoctor.org

theidoctor.org

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

im about to start flashing my friends phone and need to sttart here but he is on cricket network almost all the stetings still verizon exept the phone can i still flash this since its a verizon rom

umm, if cricket uses the GSM network, then no... if it uses CDMA then you should be fine.

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

umm, if cricket uses the GSM network, then no... if it uses CDMA then you should be fine.

Emphasis on SHOULD <_<

Posted Image

SamsungMike

SamsungMike

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SamSung Omnia i910
Just curious, does this ROM flash work for the i910 phones using Vervizon in the US?

I figured this would be good since I am seeing more and more "How do I flash your ROM" in Wozzer's post.. Obviously if people are asking that, they haven't even flashed the original leaked ROM :-P

You will need to install the drivers before trying to flash, otherwise UMDL will not be able to find your phone.
From XP: Install from the included verizon software CD that comes with the phone
From Vista/7: Just plug in normally (don't change activesync settings or try to use UMDL or anything). Windows will download and install the drivers automatically. (Note: After Windows downloads and installs the drivers, you will still need to disable the activesync USB settings before flashing!)

Download:
UMDL Software
Leaked i910 CC20 ROM

Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 Connection!!!

Then follow the guide:

Source: TheIDoctor.org

theidoctor.org

theidoctor.org

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Just curious, does this ROM flash work for the i910 phones using Vervizon in the US?

YES... THIS is what the rom is for

IronFox

IronFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Argg! I want to give this a try but I'm too afraid I might brick my phone!

futureboycolin

futureboycolin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:i910
EDIT: just a quick question...which drivers are you talking about? the ones that I've already installed so that I can use Mobile Center to sync with my phone???? this wasn't very specific, and I'm anxious to start this, but I don't know which drivers you're talkin about...

'bout to flash this, then blazingwolf's newest ROM. I'm so sick of not having GPS and working Googlemaps. So here goes!

Edited by futureboycolin, 28 May 2009 - 01:30 AM.

smashedpumpkins

smashedpumpkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I put this flash through and it all went through correctly. Well almost... The internet no longer works. I reprogrammed my phone, but it's still dead. Should I call Verizon to have them authenticate my phone? Is this the common issue? Thanks for any advice!

Phone Calls and texting still work.

Edited by smashedpumpkins, 28 May 2009 - 06:41 AM.

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

I put this flash through and it all went through correctly. Well almost... The internet no longer works. I reprogrammed my phone, but it's still dead. Should I call Verizon to have them authenticate my phone? Is this the common issue? Thanks for any advice!

Phone Calls and texting still work.

As long as calls and texts work you should be alright. Did you flash any other .pda's after (Like Wozzer's or Adryn's ROMs)?

I had this issue yesterday while I was on an audit. The phone would say it was connected to the internet, but nothing could actually connect (Would get network errors in IE or Opera). I just turned my phone off, waited an hour or so, then turned it back on and it worked just fine.

BTW: Thanks for making this post a sticky <_<

Posted Image

Draconius

Draconius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

EDIT: just a quick question...which drivers are you talking about? the ones that I've already installed so that I can use Mobile Center to sync with my phone???? this wasn't very specific, and I'm anxious to start this, but I don't know which drivers you're talkin about...

'bout to flash this, then blazingwolf's newest ROM. I'm so sick of not having GPS and working Googlemaps. So here goes!

There is a CD that came with your Omnia that says: VZAccess Manager Software and User's Guide for the Samsung Omnia.

Put that into your computer and install the USB drivers.

I don't know if the install file is available anywhere online, but I used the CD.

smashedpumpkins

smashedpumpkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

As long as calls and texts work you should be alright. Did you flash any other .pda's after (Like Wozzer's or Adryn's ROMs)?

I had this issue yesterday while I was on an audit. The phone would say it was connected to the internet, but nothing could actually connect (Would get network errors in IE or Opera). I just turned my phone off, waited an hour or so, then turned it back on and it worked just fine.

BTW: Thanks for making this post a sticky <_<

The only flash I've done is with this ROM. I've installed games and such from cabs but nothings ever caused any issues. It does just what you said. It shows it's all connected, but Opera and IE don't work. I went ahead and turned my phone off and pulled the battery for an hour like you, but that didn't work. Any ideas? I'm planning to load WoZZeR's Rom. Could that fix the issue? Or should I fix this issue first and then add WoZZeR's Rom?

Thanks!

EDIT: I did backup my phone with SPB Backup and then reloaded it on my phone with the new rom. Could that have done it? Should I reflash it and uncheck "Over wright existing files"?

Edited by smashedpumpkins, 28 May 2009 - 05:10 PM.

necosino

necosino

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
I bet you it was the backup restore. I'd just go ahead and reflash, and when you do the restore, ONLY restore like your contacts and stuff, don't restore the registry, system settings or anything like that. Chances are that's what got it all messed up <_<

Or you can flash a custom ROM like Wozzer's or Adryn's (or one of the new ones that just came out) since I'm 95% sure you'll like them a LOT better (Windows Mobile 6.5 is beautiful) and also that you're internet connection will work fine after (Test before doing a restore).

Posted Image

smashedpumpkins

smashedpumpkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
After a hard reset and a flash of the CC20 ROM again the internet is back! I'm gonna load up Wozzers ROM and then selectively restore some of my old stuff. Thanks!

70blzr

70blzr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:i910
just finished my first flash after being very careful and reading many post on flashing the omnia. it went very smooth, just trying to get the gps to lock, but i am inside a building but by a window. will try try to get a lock later after work. maybe after i flash to a 6.5. thanks for all your info..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users