• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Strianer

Strianer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3
Thanks a lot for this awesome game, I've been looking for this since I got my Omnia! :D

Everything is perfect, I even managed to exchange the german voice files and mission descriptions. The only thing I have found missing is the music, is it possible to add the original music files?

I could upload those If you need them.

ionfist

ionfist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900

Thanks a lot for this awesome game, I've been looking for this since I got my Omnia! :D

Everything is perfect, I even managed to exchange the german voice files and mission descriptions. The only thing I have found missing is the music, is it possible to add the original music files?

I could upload those If you need them.

You can upload them and I'll try to look into it. But I have exams coming up these weeks, so maybe in a few weeks I could have have some results.

Strianer

Strianer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

You can upload them and I'll try to look into it. But I have exams coming up these weeks, so maybe in a few weeks I could have have some results.

Thanks a lot, here are the music files:

http://rapidshare.co...19334/Audio.rar

Strianer

Strianer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have encountered another problem:

I have exchanged my pocketpc.lua file with the one you uploaded a few posts ago.

The problem is that it still behaves like the one I initially used, I can't seem to modify it in any way.

The buttons working for me are:

Call Button - Attack
Middle Button - Message
End Call Button - Stop

The ones that don't work are:

Scrolling via the middle button (Would be the most important one imho)
Right Click via the Task button (The best solution for the right click/attack command)

I would just like to know if anyone else is having these problems with the task and camery button not working in WC2.

I'm using SPB MS3.0 if that matters.

Thanks for any help with this.

ionfist

ionfist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I have encountered another problem:

I have exchanged my pocketpc.lua file with the one you uploaded a few posts ago.

The problem is that it still behaves like the one I initially used, I can't seem to modify it in any way.

The buttons working for me are:

Call Button - Attack
Middle Button - Message
End Call Button - Stop

The ones that don't work are:

Scrolling via the middle button (Would be the most important one imho)
Right Click via the Task button (The best solution for the right click/attack command)

I would just like to know if anyone else is having these problems with the task and camery button not working in WC2.

I'm using SPB MS3.0 if that matters.

Thanks for any help with this.

Both Task and Camera buttons should work. If you believe that they don't then I suggest to uncomment the DumpKeys(true) from the pocketpc.lua and take a note which buttons you press so you will get their code in the stderr.txt. This code goes in the begining of each binding. Then if you take a look at the web pages I posted you will find the ascii code of the keys you want to emulate and place them in the third column. I personally didn't ind the ascii code of the arrow keys, if you could emulate those I think you can move the map around with the direction keys, if this is how the stratagus is handling them. Good luck!

Dado...

Dado...

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 WP7, HP iPAQ hx2790
definitely missing scrolling buttons.... some region on minimap is not selectable... this problem if need precise location (small sea shore for example)

My Device: HTC HD2 (BTTF WP7)
My Old Devices: HTC 7 Pro, Samsung Omnia 2 i8000, Omnia i900...

Strianer

Strianer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

definitely missing scrolling buttons.... some region on minimap is not selectable... this problem if need precise location (small sea shore for example)

Exactly, a small area in the top left corner of the minimap is not clickable. I will try to config the scroll later today, hope it works.

Strianer

Strianer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have now checked all the key bindings myself, the codes are exactly the same as on your omnia.

The pocketpc.lua file you provided seems to be perfectly configured, nothing wrong I have found.

I don't understand why I can't use the Task Key for Right Click, the camera key for attacking or the touchpad for scrolling, because all of this is configured in pocketpc.lua.

Any ideas, and has anyone got one of the keys from above working?

Thanks

Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Devices:Black 16G Omnia SG ver

I installed this on my phone i910, I have framework 3.5 and it worked right away. However the icons are really small, too small honestly for my comfort. Also how do you even play the game. Honestly I did not bother to read or look for instructions but without a gamepad how can you even play this, I had a hell of a time just trying to figure how to scroll on the screen. And since I could not see the log off option I could not get out of the game, and not even pressing the end button or trying to shutdown the phone by powering down will end the damn thing. So I had to remove the battery to shutdown the game. Perhaps reading the instructions (if there are any) you can have a better experience with this. But in my opinion this is not worth it the headache.

LOL, typically funny Americans, I am a US citizen so no punt intended :D

Dado...

Dado...

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
LOL, maybe dude not hear for soft reset :D

ionfist

ionfist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I have now checked all the key bindings myself, the codes are exactly the same as on your omnia.

The pocketpc.lua file you provided seems to be perfectly configured, nothing wrong I have found.

I don't understand why I can't use the Task Key for Right Click, the camera key for attacking or the touchpad for scrolling, because all of this is configured in pocketpc.lua.

Any ideas, and has anyone got one of the keys from above working?

Thanks

Try this one 193, 8, 0, 1, it seams that if you use 0 at the end, which means hold the button, doesn't work, but with 1 ,which is switch, it does work, you simply have to click it before you want to use tapping as right click and when you want to go back to select click it again.

287, 4, 118, 0, --- Volume down key.
288, 2, 118, 0, --- Volume up key.

This two commands will divide the screen into two or four screens, basically you need only one. I think it can be used as a good solution until will fix the mapScrolling thing

Edited by ionfist, 15 May 2009 - 11:07 AM.

Dado...

Dado...

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
last mission for alliance is tooooo hard... too much enemies dragons attacks in waves and too low wood for gathering...

anyone finish that? i try to settle and make lines of defense with towers but not helping....

edit... i won finally...

tip:
dont loose time and resources to build ground forces, dont attack enemies on right side....
build base in down left area of map near lower gold mine... fortify base with many towers (dont upgrade to cannon towers, is waste of resources, cannon towers cant attack air forces)
upgrade only armor in blacksmith and archers in sawmill
upgrade townhall, optionally you can build church to make paladins to heal units...
dont make too much archers, only enough to support towers...
build griphon aviary to make air units (costs 2500 gold per unit)
build gnomish inventory make air scout and bomb team... with bomb team make hole to access third gold mine
with scout lure enemy air units to your towers and destroy him... be ready to heal units and repair or rebuild towers
luring is maybe boring but after some times when enemy depleat gold mine, now is time to attack dark portal, dont attack enemy base, avoid enemies towers and voila, victory is here

Edited by Dado..., 20 May 2009 - 10:13 PM.

Strianer

Strianer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Are there any updates on the Music or the Scrolling yet?

Thanks

Strianer

Strianer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
As there are still no updates, are there any planned in the near future?

Axxym

Axxym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! 

Awesome job - warcraft is game of my childhood  ;) Anyways - any progress on integrating the original music or scrolling the map with d-pad? Thanks a lot and cheers from Czech republic!

ionfist

ionfist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Hi! 

Awesome job - warcraft is game of my childhood  ;) Anyways - any progress on integrating the original music or scrolling the map with d-pad? Thanks a lot and cheers from Czech republic!

The only progress made so far is: I have managed to include the campaign voice sounds.

As far as the scrolling goes, it seams that the game engine that this game is based on, can only map pocket pc keys to their ASCII codes and I can't find the ASCII code for the arrows. So if anyone can help me then please feel free.

If you want me to post the campaign voices then let me know.

smilegod

smilegod

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Omnia
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I900
  • Twitter:@_Smilegod_

The only progress made so far is: I have managed to include the campaign voice sounds.

As far as the scrolling goes, it seams that the game engine that this game is based on, can only map pocket pc keys to their ASCII codes and I can't find the ASCII code for the arrows. So if anyone can help me then please feel free.

If you want me to post the campaign voices then let me know.

I'm always ready to pack your new version into CAB ;)

Support my work by doing a small donation ;)

Donate

hersos

hersos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia
Can you upload the most recent version in a cab, because many links are dead?

The is only one phone Samsung Omnia i900

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users