SMS message doesn't appear when left on messaging tab?

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix

Is this just me? If I leave TF3d on the Messaging tab and the phone goes into standby, then I don't get a new message notification until I tap the standby button! It's fine the rest of the time.

Anyone else getting this behaviour?

Guest Retronana

Not a problem I have noticed...

When you say notification, is that the alarm chime or the graphic note on the SMS tab ?

Guest Shuflie
The alarm chime, icon already appears to be there!

Try this (found on XDA)

disable play sound for new text message (settings>sound>advanced>notifications>Messaging:New text message)

click OK

Go back in and reenable play sound and change from default sound, then click OK again.

I've done this and tested it by putting my phone to sleep with the on/off button and it works. Even plays the sound when the messaging app is open and on the contact sending the message, although the LED doesn't blink because the phone marks the message as read immediately. Not sure how it reacts if you just leave the phone to sleep by itself.

• 1 month later...
Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Is this just me? If I leave TF3d on the Messaging tab and the phone goes into standby, then I don't get a new message notification until I tap the standby button! It's fine the rest of the time.

Anyone else getting this behaviour?

Yes seen the same behaviour, it's a stupid bug. What happens is when you visit the text message page in TouchFlow 3D it marks the messages as "seen". If you leave it on that page and a message arrives, it immediately marks at as seen and then the notification doesn't happen as it isn't an unread message anymore.

I gave up on TouchFlow 3D and gone back to normal Windows Mobile interface, I find it much more usable.

Regards

Phil