Photo

Do Orange (UK) charge for MSN (aka Windows Live) use?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Chrismobile

Chrismobile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD
Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before (I can't believe that it hasn't but I did do a few searches and found nothing directly on the subject. However I did spend a happy hour reading posts on other subjects and have installed a few more applications on my HD!) :D

On my version of the HD that I got through Orange in December there is the Windows Live program. I've set it up with my Live ID and it works fine. However, I'm concerned about charges.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Orange charge per message for use of the service. If that's the case then I think I'll resist the urge to "hang out wiv ma mates" until I'm back at home on my PC!

Please note that this isn't (well at least I don't think it is) the "Orange Messenger by Windows Live" referred to here: http://www.orange.co...=communicatenav

Thanks in advance

Chris (still in love with and inseparable from his Touch HD after 5 happy months)

Hemm

Hemm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:htc touch hd
YOU DO NOT GET CHARGED

If u got one of there stupid ass bundles they charge u 4 then its totally free. jus like on your PC

Stupid orange and there stupid charging for bundles!!!!!!

Chrismobile

Chrismobile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for the reply....

YOU DO NOT GET CHARGED

If u got one of there stupid ass bundles they charge u 4 then its totally free. jus like on your PC

Stupid orange and there stupid charging for bundles!!!!!!

But I haven't bought any bundles for messenging charging, I've just got the non-Orange version (I think) of Windows Live Messnger on my phone. I suppose I just need to use it a bit and see what turns up on my bill....

Anyone else tried Windows Live on their HD?

Chris

Hemm

Hemm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:htc touch hd
well anything is going to charge u if you have not got a bundle.

If u can afford it try get the 500MB for £5

best deal they do

IT WILL COST IF YOU DONT HAVE BUNDLES

_PiLoT_

_PiLoT_

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:omnia, treo 750v, se w910i
there is a disclaimer in the t and cs wich claim theyll charge you. but they dont its just an obligitory warning.

Chrismobile

Chrismobile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

If u can afford it try get the 500MB for £5

IT WILL COST IF YOU DONT HAVE BUNDLES

Oh sorry I didn't get what you meant. Yes I have the 500mb data bundle, so by the looks of things there'll be no extra charge. Thanks. (For the "Orange Messenger" you can buy bundles of messages - that's what confused me).

Chris

Jas

Jas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Oh sorry I didn't get what you meant. Yes I have the 500mb data bundle, so by the looks of things there'll be no extra charge. Thanks. (For the "Orange Messenger" you can buy bundles of messages - that's what confused me).

Chris

I can confirm that you don't get charged as i use msn messenger all the time and only have the 500mb bundle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users