Mothamoz

Mothamoz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my omnia!
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
Thanks for this guide, got my mobile flashed (although i did it a few months ago, just felt like replying now :) )

Posted Image

My summary of a normal day:

Eat some pizza, play with my samsung omnia,
play some Xbox, watch some TV, go to bed.

pingvin156

pingvin156

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HP 6915

I am also trying to flash my omnia and it's not really working:

PDA Device Found!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA Device ready to download! 
Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA 1 starts downloading...
Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!
Step 1. Eboot image Downloading
Downloading EBOOT...

and it remains at 0%
whats wrong there?

I have the same problem with flashing.After disconnect phone in the middle of process and restart phone works normaly.

What I doing wrong????

PS. I did not install Modem driver for XP yet.

Version:
Samsung Omnia i908
PDA: i908ZHHH2
PHONE: i908BOHK1

Edited by pingvin156, 04 August 2009 - 10:03 AM.

Frazer

Frazer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Great stuff.

I want to be able to backup and restore my current rom so I can go back if I want to. Anyone have a guide on backing up of firmware and restoring it.

Thanks

pepech

pepech

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Great stuff.

I want to be able to backup and restore my current rom so I can go back if I want to. Anyone have a guide on backing up of firmware and restoring it.

Thanks

It is possible to do a back up with your stock rom , ; therefore , nobody , as far I know , knows how to flash it back to the phone

pingvin156

pingvin156

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HP 6915
Nobody can help with the flashing without end???

cga

cga

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Try SPB backup

OCK Build 23569: alphaUI Omnia 23639 Lite Omnia UL 23551 Omnia i900Omnia_23548_Lite_beta1 Omnia 23545.5.5.0_Lite_beta1 Omnia_23544_Lite_beta1 Omnia_25007.5.3.3_Lite_beta1 Omnia ROM EL build 23542.5.5.0 Omnia ROM L base DXIF1 build 21893 Omnia ROM EL base DXIF1 build 21892 OmniaOmnia ROM EL base DXIF1 build 23540Omnia_28230_EL Omnia ROM EL base DXIF1 28227Omnia ROM EL base DXIF1 23534Omnia ROM L base DXIF1 23534Omnia ROM L base DXIF1 23530Omnia ROM EL base DXIF1 21892 Omnia ROM EL DXIF1 build 23529Omnia ROM 23529 TitaniumSenseOmnia ROM EL DXIF1 21891Omnia ROM EL DXIF1 23519Omnia ROM EL DXIF1 24001.5.5Omnia ROM L DXIF1 24001.5.5Omnia ROM EL DXIF1 28217.5.3.3

Omnia ROM Lite base DXIF1 build 21888.5.0.86 COM 2

Frazer

Frazer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
How do you flash back to the old rom if you don't like the new one? Or doe anyone now where the default rom is for the omnia.

Thanks again.

Amtrak23

Amtrak23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

How do you flash back to the old rom if you don't like the new one? Or doe anyone now where the default rom is for the omnia.

Thanks again.

+1. I got the official Vzw (CF03) rom flashed, but am now looking at playing with some 6.5 roms. What is the best way to re-flash CF03, or revert back to an uncooked rom? I guess I can always run the CF03 again, but that seems more brick friendly as its not just flashing the phone section like the cooked stuff correct?

heals1ic

heals1ic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
Does anyone recognise this message on the screen of the omnia? This is all I get now after trying to detect my phone with GrandPrix.
Posted Image
The phone does not even start now.

heals1ic

heals1ic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
All I get out of the phone now is -
- Power button turns on the phone but will not turn the phone off and does not light up when connected to pc however it will charge off mains supply adapter with a big charging icon in the middle of the screen.
- phone does not progress past this screen
- reset can only be done by poking the reset button and turning off is only with battery removal
- after reset and turn on (after removing battery) vista detects device but then 10 seconds later removes it showing device properties below initially it states the device is connected beofre reporting this device status.
Posted Image

- therefore I cannot reflash as none of the flash tools can see the phone.

Any other way out of this?

Nicklashidegard

Nicklashidegard

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

All I get out of the phone now is -
- Power button turns on the phone but will not turn the phone off and does not light up when connected to pc however it will charge off mains supply adapter with a big charging icon in the middle of the screen.
- phone does not progress past this screen
- reset can only be done by poking the reset button and turning off is only with battery removal
- after reset and turn on (after removing battery) vista detects device but then 10 seconds later removes it showing device properties below initially it states the device is connected beofre reporting this device status.
Posted Image

- therefore I cannot reflash as none of the flash tools can see the phone.

Any other way out of this?

Did you try Xp using the .exe installer??

Normally it will pick the phone up in the first 3-8 sec..

My latest (totally unsupported) roms: 21911 Neo (6.5) - 21057 (6.1)
Both fairly lite roms, don't ask what's included, just try them (at your own risk) ;). These are the roms i use on a day to day basis and they are VERY reliable

Now also on omniarom.com with my own kitchen.

Mothamoz

Mothamoz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my omnia!
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
if you'd just follow the steps correctly there wouldn't be any problems, you've probably just bricked your phone or something :)

Posted Image

My summary of a normal day:

Eat some pizza, play with my samsung omnia,
play some Xbox, watch some TV, go to bed.

aaaurimasss

aaaurimasss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!! :) ;) ;)

patrickmehta

patrickmehta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Hi all,

I just flashed my phone with Khunanchai's latest ROM and the phone is off and wont turn on.. I have done resets and flashed again.... While flashing once the bootloader said "SWITCHING FROM USB TO PHONE" then "PONE NOT FOUND" ERROR. Whats the problem? Now i have wm6.5 running but cannot activate the phone!!

MAMBO04

MAMBO04

Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, Rugby, watching the World Cup (which was dreadful this year!) errrmmm PS3, annndd a lot more :)<br /><br />oh and going on road trips.
  • Devices:i900, N95, iPhone 4, Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@MAMBX
wow thank you what a smooth upgrade!

a tip for people - remember to switch your firewall OFF cause i was racking my brains over why the upgrader wasn't detecting my phone

thanks again! :D

We don't sleep when the sun goes down... we don't waste no precious time

Teenage Crime.

House = LOVE

My MediaFire Folder!

lexuz

lexuz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
can someone point me to a rom 6.5WM for the omnia but with the looks and option of the original samsung 6.1WM? i know i saw it somewhere but i can't seem to find it anymore :D
thanx

Failoan

Failoan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi noob question does flashing your omnia cause all the programs, music, images, etc to be deleted? Should I back them up before going ahead with my flashing?

ismani

ismani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA i900
Hi Im New here for Windows mobile fon...im from malaysia.
after flash my OMNIA i900 to M2D (http://rapidshare.co...3fix1_PaS08.rar) ,
i found my original OMNIA function was gone. can i flash it back to my original ROM (stock ROM)

FYI ,
PDA : i900DTHJ9
PHONE : i900DXID1

please help me...thanks inadvice god bless u all...

Sea-Breeze

Sea-Breeze

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i900,Nokia N82
  • Twitter:@Sea-Breeze
hi guys
i hope anybody helps
my omnia is JPIA3/JVHK2 running Windows Mobile 6.1

i hope some one tell me how to Run WM6.5 on new Rom ...,, i mean how can i know if there is a new rom availbe
i heard there is IA5 but does it run for middle east users ? hope some1 help me here am so confused

i hope to run wm6.5 but still be able to write and read in arabic
waiting from anyone rolleyes.gif

Morad kassem

Morad kassem

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I900

hi guys
i hope anybody helps
my omnia is JPIA3/JVHK2 running Windows Mobile 6.1

i hope some one tell me how to Run WM6.5 on new Rom ...,, i mean how can i know if there is a new rom availbe
i heard there is IA5 but does it run for middle east users ? hope some1 help me here am so confused

i hope to run wm6.5 but still be able to write and read in arabic
waiting from anyone rolleyes.gif

Install the ROM without any phone part, as JVHK2 phone part you have will force any other PDA ROM to recognize your regional settings, Language, ..Etc don't even have to install any Arabization application., have fun I've tested & works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users