How-to Hard Reset your Omnia

Guest sector

Guest sector

Thanks to Masta92 for the great description

METHOD 1 (only the phone)

1. Poke the soft reset hole beside your power button(Poke and Release)

2. Press and hold the Call and Cancel Button together(Do it immediately after Step 1)

3. Do not release Call and Cancel button, the Samsung Omnia Screen Appear

4. The Reset Screen will appear as below

omniareset.png

This is a snapshot of the Samsung Omina Reset screen.

(Image from mobilesilence.blogspot.com)

Press Call to Format or End Call to Cancel.

This hard reset does not erase the 16GB memory.

METHOD 2 (phone and/or storage card [option])

Settings > System > Hard Reset. There is also option to format the storage card.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=32402

If you decided not to format and press cancel, that will soft reset the phone.

METHOD 3 (Phone but BE CAREFUL because there is no possibility to cancel)

Just key in the following code on your Dial Pad

*2767*3855#

After keying in the code, the Phone will restart itself. Phone will be reset to default factory settings straight away. For DZIA5 Firmware, it will format the My Storage Card also.

GOOD LUCK

Guest Natsirt

Thanks sector! I'll know what to do if the situation ever arises :) It would also clear up the misconception about the reset hole + call + end call buttons too! <_<

Guest necosino

I'd just to note for everyone out there that doesn't know. When you do a hard reset, it will restore it to the ROM default. So if you have flashed to a new ROM, it'll only reset it back to that ROM, not the factory installed ROM. (Seems silly but some people seem to think that it will <_<)

Guest greenarrow2k6
I'd just to note for everyone out there that doesn't know. When you do a hard reset, it will restore it to the ROM default. So if you have flashed to a new ROM, it'll only reset it back to that ROM, not the factory installed ROM. (Seems silly but some people seem to think that it will <_< )

Is there a way where the factory installed rom be reinstate?

Guest ronaldb3
Is there a way where the factory installed rom be reinstate?

Hi GA,

You would have to get a copy of the old rom file you want to return to. Then you would flash it like any other rom flash. You must also be sure the old rom file has the phone part. Most cooked rom files do not have phone part. Most Samsung official roms do have the phone part.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest greenarrow2k6
Hi GA,

You would have to get a copy of the old rom file you want to return to. Then you would flash it like any other rom flash. You must also be sure the old rom file has the phone part. Most cooked rom files do not have phone part. Most Samsung official roms do have the phone part.

Ron...

Where can I find the old rom file? The Samsung service centre?

Guest ronaldb3
Where can I find the old rom file? The Samsung service centre?

I would search Modaco looking for the one you want, such as DXHG2 (very old one) or something like that.

Ron...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there a different method for later ROMs? I have an 8GB model (originally an i900v UK Vodafone handset) running DXID1 and this method doesn't work.

Is there a combo of button presses for a hard reset with this ROM or do I have to use the windows settings menu to do it?

DC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i need urgent help from u

I have done this one below

Change the phone to UAE (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

•Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

•With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

•Select 'Preconfiguration'

•Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

•Select 'UAE', with the default Operator

•Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

•Run update, and all should be well.

the device was working fine for 2 days suddnly it turned off and no power no red button its completely dead. I did put it on recharging for 4 hours but no response even it doesnt turn on.

The only software i installed was Garmin XT

MAC

Guest blingsta
Hi i need urgent help from u

I have done this one below

Change the phone to UAE (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

•Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

•With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

•Select 'Preconfiguration'

•Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

•Select 'UAE', with the default Operator

•Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

•Run update, and all should be well.

the device was working fine for 2 days suddnly it turned off and no power no red button its completely dead. I did put it on recharging for 4 hours but no response even it doesnt turn on.

The only software i installed was Garmin XT

MAC

Did you try a new battery?

I didnt try the new one yet. i suppose if one put battery off and put it on direct power from wall charger it should work. put that is either not the case with this one.

I checked the battery with Avo Meter its giving volts and is 30 % charged. so naturally something wrong with the phone.

what shall i do next pls advice

• 1 month later...
Guest satteya

Please I am still a junior in the pocket pcs

I have one question and sorry if this is not the right sector

I woke up this morning(not after a new rom, not after charging or anything new) and I found the internal memory totally absent

I tried soft reset twice and hard reset also twice and the one you said dialing to format also the internal memory but nothing new

Needing your immediate advice

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jatin Chande

Hi. Everyone explains how to hard reset and that Hard Resest sets the winmob to factory settings. But what no one explains is what happens to the factory installed softwares like Opera Browser, Google Maps, Youtube viewer etc. Such softwares thought don't form part of main winmo software (win 6.1 in my case) but are installed by Mobile Manufacturer (in my case Samsung for Omnia i900).

These factory installed softwares are installed on main memory (not on My storage or storage card). Will I lose them also when I hard reset my Omnia?

PLEASE HELP: Will I loose factory installed Opera Browser and Youtube Software and other likes?

Guest Jatin Chande

Hi. Everyone explains how to hard reset and that Hard Resest sets the winmob to factory settings. But what no one explains is what happens to the factory installed softwares like Opera Browser, Google Maps, Youtube viewer etc. Such softwares thought don't form part of main winmo software (win 6.1 in my case) but are installed by Mobile Manufacturer (in my case Samsung for Omnia i900).

These factory installed softwares are installed on main memory (not on My storage or storage card). Will I lose them also when I hard reset my Omnia?

PLEASE HELP: Will I loose factory installed Opera Browser and Youtube Software and other likes?

• 1 month later...
Guest Geert Jalink

The procedure seems to be different on different Firmwares. You will not loose factory installed software, however the factory default software like Opera will be reseted to default too.

Edited by Geert Jalink

• 1 month later...
Guest WhatID

Just wanted to ask before I do anything stupid...

Will Hard Reset wipe out my phone settings? (i.e. need to re-config before I can make calls again)

Will it wipe out all the crap-ware that's come with the Bell ROM?

Thx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1qaz2wsxc

Hello! and i'm so sorry about my bad english i use a translator, hope yuo will understand my problem!!!

Yesterday I tried to connect via USB cable my Omnia i900 to the PC, but not connect. After reboot the phone and computer, again. I tried to connect them to another computer and again not connect, even as a USB device. I thought cable was damaged, today looking new one. But I decided to Hard reset phone from windows menu. After the reset everything i switch off phone, but my Omnia not switch ON by pressing POWER button. Phone turn on only when i press RESET button. NOW phone do nothing, just shows only logo at the beginning SAMSUNG OMNIA and must remove the battery to shut down and that's only once failed to load. I tried hard reset with the buttons 100,000 manner described by the reset button or entrust the button, but nothing. :P When i tried TURN OFF phone with POWER button look phone switch off normal, screen becom black, but i NOTICED that back of my phone getting little WARM and i can switch on my phone using RESET. I think that phono NOT turning off properly.

Do not show menu hard reset. I took out the battery for the night and today I tried again but the same situation. ((((((

Phone is with original rom i900DXHJ1

Any ideas. :huh:

and again sorry about my english!!!

Edited by 1qaz2wsxc

• 1 year later...