The new HTC input method for Android

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

Master android ROM builder Haykuro has released an updated HTC IME (Input Method) for the G1 device!

Available for download from this entry on his blog, the IME adds QWERTY, 12 key and 20 key input methods that are far, far superior to the standard QWERTY provided in cupcake! A couple of screenshots for your pleasure...

IME1.jpgIME2.jpgIME3.jpg

I've installed the new input method on my device (via ADB) on my rooted, cupcake'd G1 (running Haykuro's 1.5 ADP build) and I love it! I've also actually removed the standard cupcake keyboard to free up a bit of memory.

I'm assuming root privileges are required to install... anyone? I understand a similar keyboard is preinstalled on the Magic, but since my review handset hasn't arrived yet, i'm not sure! Anyone? <_<

P

• 1 month later...
Guest rav1patel

this is exactly what i need on my magic. think i'm gonna give it back and wait for a hero. everything's about the phone is perfect except the qwerty.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chad Petree

omg that keyboard looks amazing!!!! its not official , is it? too good to be true

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest Webreaper

Looks nice but try using it. I didn't rate it at all, and have reverted to the native one.

It's 'official' as in it's released by HTC. It's not official from Google.

Guest Chad Petree
Looks nice but try using it. I didn't rate it at all, and have reverted to the native one.

It's 'official' as in it's released by HTC. It's not official from Google.

Why didnt u like it? ill give a try but i wont my magic till next month =/

Guest Webreaper
Why didnt u like it?

I didn't like the fact that the auto-suggest pops up over the top of where I'm typing, so obscuring what I've written. The HTC one doesn't do that. I also don't like the way the auto-suggest works in general, I found it inhibited my typing. Horses for courses though, some people may prefer it to the native KB.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.