It is an extension based on shokka9's tutorial about cooking: http://www.modaco.co...900-using-syok/
It is a MUST to read that tutorial, understand the basics of cooking before moving on.
It will be nice to start reading in xda forums and help tutorials about xip and sys porting to get an idea what is going on.
The kitchen works based on SYOK kitchen by sztupy.
I have attached the \Tools\ directory which includes the tools for cooking on Windows Mobile 6.5.
Download: Tools.rar 3.62MB 4247 downloads
So just to make a long way short.
WM 6.5 includes different \SYS (system core) and \ROM where here this is the xip.bin is extracted.
- You need to extract the pda.bin like we know with SYOK kitchen and shokka9's tutorial, without the Tools i am providing.
- Copy .VM, .ROM, and \metadata from the SYS folder to a temp folder. Copy in the new WM6.5 SYS, and delete .VM, .ROM, \metadata and replace with the ones from the temp folder.
- Customize your ROM according to your preferences.
- Now we need to insert in OS.nb the new xip.bin we have ported from wm6.5 builds. Double click the Shell.cmd and enter the command: \Tools\osnbtool.exe -c OS.nb 1 xip.bin. It will create a new OS.nb.new (also mentioned in shokka tut).
- Delete from \ROM the XIP directory. Copy the new xip.bin and the dump.exe (from \Tools) to \ROM directory. Drag n drop xip.bin on dump.exe and you will get new dir \XIP and romhdr.bin.
- Grab the attached Tools.rar now and replace it with the old \Tools.
- Drag n drop the OS.nb.new on BuildOS.cmd and build you rom.
- If everything goes fine, you will get a NewROM.bin. Rename it to pda.bin and construct the .exe with pakko's tool.
Anyway have fun with cooking!