i910 BLIND PATCH - BE CAREFUL AND MAKE BACKUP!!!
1. install developer certificates from #1 post
2. verify, that size of \windows\zylonite_battery.dll is 43520 bytes (if you have another size - sorry! or continue at your own risk)
3. backup your copy of \windows\zylonite_battery.dll to somethin (for example zylonite_battery.dll.org)
4. copy patched driver
1. Rename installed patched driver to somethin
2. Restore you backup (you should make backup at step 3 of installation!!!)
3. Soft reset
4. Delete renamed patched driver.
kabkab, you da man!!! Installed it, some brief testing shows it working, and the quirks I found on the 910 with your 900 version are gone -- power light is red during charging like it should be, phone suspends just fine either charging or discharging. In short, everything seems to be operating normally except I'm getting 1% increments now. Thank you so much. I think we can forget what we were discussing in private messages.
One comment on the accuracy of the percentage values: I suspect they are reasonably accurate during discharge. I have no factual basis for that, but it makes sense to me that they would tune the voltage-based algorithm to represent a true remaining charge as close as possible given the idle current draw when then device is awake (i.e. when you are simply looking at it to see the battery charge, for example).
Start getting the device busy, and the percentage becomes less accurate -- reading lower than actual remaining charge. During charging the indicator is complete junk, reading well above the actual charge in the battery, and not very useful to determine charge level.
Accurate to within 1% on discharge? No way. But, I'll bet far more accurate than +/-20%, the original accuracy. Within 5%? I'd take that bet...