"Best Cooked ROM" for you to date, base on your actual experiences with your

Omnia i900 unit after the upgrade so that other people may know and compare

notes...CHEERS TO ALL!

Guest glimpsofreality
Guys let us hear your opinion and recommendations as to what is the

notes...CHEERS TO ALL!

I got my omina in Feb and i installed and tried lots of different cooked roms after that, to be honest the best rom so far for me Custom i900 ROM DXID1/Vie12. it is absolutely brilliant, it got everything i need, its fast, reliable, light,

Guest cd78

Im about to flash to one of the latest Roms, im currently using SHKv7 21215. M2D & Titanium - its good but seems a bit laggy and glitchy.

Its froze on me a few times too.

I'd be interested to know what everyone is using atm too?? <_<

Guest Donan

Been flashing a lot of ROM since March. THanks to Kuanchai & Qbus but those ROM hanged on me for quite a lot of time. To me it's not stable so far.

Been flashing some of t2008's ROM (not the 12) but I think his ROM works well, stable so agree with glimpsofreality, just waiting for the official release of WM6.5 then. Here is just my point of view.

Guest Statikk1

I will say that after having flashed my omnia for over 20+ times now I've been using Khuanchai UltraLite roms over the last 5 builds and they ALL work Great.. yes, little fiddly things here and there but as far as stable and fast.. Definately..

About to start cooking myself as I generally install a few more bits and pieces to his ultralite roms after flash so this way I will be able to flash my own and not have to reinstall all the extras.. Once agan other than this the ROMS work great.. Keep up the good work <_<

Guest newshlt

qb07m tests good enough for me now.

however,no rom could be the best for everyone.

you have to try it out by yourself. <_<

Guest Charllie

Hi There,

Got my Omnia in January and flashed a few times since then.

I liked Kuanchai & Qbus 4 in 1, i also enjoyed SHKv7 MD2 & Titanium 6.5. But the one that suited my needs best is t2008's ROM v12 and then v12 updated May, it works very well, is very stable and have had no faults to date.

For me, to change to MD2, SPB and Today screen so quickly and without faults and still be able to easily modify them to suit is really good for me. The extra progs are a bonus and useful.

However, i would like to say thanks to all for their Roms as it is nice to have a choice and using them makes you aware of the omnia capabilities and what yoo need in a Rom. Thanks Guys.

Would luv t2008 or anyone else to do something similar with WM6.5 as i do like that.

Just my thoughts.

Charllie

Guest forelli

"Best Cooked ROM" for you to date, base on your actual experiences with your ...

Hard to tell as you have as many different uses of the phone as you have users... What could be the rom of the century for me could just be useless for you... Plus, different roms means different chefs, each chef cooking its own way (stock apps, lite, ultralite, m2d, titanium, WM7, SPB MS3...) I won't be as far as saying that the thread is useless, but I would suggest to modify the title a bit in order to reflect more the point, IMHO

forelli

Edited by forelli

Guest Obscurantis

Please list the best rom's with links in the first topic with feautures ... i really need a good rom with windows 6.1, manilla 2d, youtube player working, flash lite.

Guest mabco

notes...CHEERS TO ALL!

Kuanchai Omnia UltraLite ROM base DXID1 build 21806, that one hit the spot for me =)

Guest komsa

best looking,choice when installing,stable,fast.......simple, rating_5_mini.gifattachicon.gifCustom i900 ROM DXID1/Vie12 from t2008....i tried almost everything....shokka9s,lufeig's,sector's,kuanchai's,wm6.1,wm6.5....till this one,qbus was the best but now i dont even think about upgrading my omnia.......this is it.Samsung,you should learn from this guy....

IMO the best 6.5 Roms are Sectors. Current Version 21815 --> V1Lite

Go for his latest for the latest applications and the fastest functionality.

Edited by cd78

Guest Pille69

i tested now uncountable roms

but i have to say that the windows 6.5 is much slower as

6.1 rom

i am not happy whit the 6.5 version

i will give it a try just a empty 6.5 version

and will report

but the titanium version is not acceptable for me and i deleted it

pille

Guest taril
i tested now uncountable roms

but i have to say that the windows 6.5 is much slower as

6.1 rom

i am not happy whit the 6.5 version

i will give it a try just a empty 6.5 version

and will report

but the titanium version is not acceptable for me and i deleted it

pille

yes, wm 65 (htc) based roms here are really slow on omnia, but have you tried the Omnia rom based wm 65? :D

It rocks, and fast as the older one. ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Frazer

yes, wm 65 (htc) based roms here are really slow on omnia, but have you tried the Omnia rom based wm 65? :)

It rocks, and fast as the older one. ;)

Which Omnia based wm6.5 rom have you tried?

SK002 DXID1 2605_5.7 + M2D -

The best solution for people who like stability and beauty.(Not very fast, but stable and fast enough).

The beauty and speed - Ryrzy, Khuanchai and Spector. IMHO.

Guest plguzman

I don't know why a 6.5 ROM could be considered better than a 6.1 ROM. 6.1 is faster and bug free. Of course, 6.5 is more finger friendly and the eye candy is improved, but the speed and the reliability are deal breakers to me. Even more, if you use SPB3 (or Manila, for example), you won't even use the interface of 6.5.

As me, I have Qbus DXID1-QB07. The best ROM I have used. Until somebody is cooking a 6.1 ROM newer than DXID1, I just see no purpose on flashing.

My 0.02

Guest hakeemy_007

using DXID1 shokka 6.5 23009 v17; titanium + M2D...loving it

so far giving me no problem at all...stable & fast...

p/s: waiting for v18.... :)