• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Loconinja

Loconinja

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Author of Mobile Signal Widget.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2, Omnia 7
  • Twitter:@alexroebuck
My current T-Mobile contract is up for renewal. I ordered a TP2 from mobilephonesdirect on a new T-Mobile contract, and it asked if was an existing T-Mobile customer and if I wanted to keep my number. I though that I had to PAC to another network and back again? Has anyone successfully kept their T-Mobile number with MPD without switching to another network first?

Rob.P

Rob.P

No.1 the larch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Media, Technology
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@Patchworkcow
Did you complete the process? Only reason I ask is I was wondering if the price of the handset changed on the final total if you selected the option you mentioned?

I definately don't want to leave T-Mobile (well not by choice, we'll have to wait and see who buys the TMob UK), but I'd also like to get a decent price on a TP2. I've read that some people have to phone TMob first to find out what your renewal discount is, I've emailed MPD asking for a quote but as yet they have not replied, phone number just seems to ring out.

Interesting Times

(SPV>E200>C500>Qtek9100>Vario2>Touch Dual>Touch Pro2>Desire HD)

DJ_Enigma

DJ_Enigma

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Devices:XDA Mini S
Mine arrived today ;)

It's absolutely quality, the screen is just vast. Tom Tom 6 works a charm and I can see the speed cameras for miles lol

The only gripe I have so far is there is no scroll wheel or dpad.

p.s. how good is that teeter game?

Thanks mobilesdirect :D

Rob.P

Rob.P

No.1 the larch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

What I wanted to do is an option, but it would cost me £260 quid lol.

I'm getting a PAYG sim(from somewhere, anywhere to get one free atm?), moving my number to it, and moving it right back to TMobile on that 18 month contract above with mobilephonesdirect.

Don't mind losing my current contract as much as I'd mind losing my number!

DJ

How long does it take nowadays to PAC a number from network to network? I think I might do the same as you even though MPD still haven't got back to me with an upgrade price I think it'll be the same as your quote as I'm on pretty much the same tariff.

Interesting Times

DJ_Enigma

DJ_Enigma

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

How long does it take nowadays to PAC a number from network to network? I think I might do the same as you even though MPD still haven't got back to me with an upgrade price I think it'll be the same as your quote as I'm on pretty much the same tariff.

2days

martinlaidlaw

martinlaidlaw

Vodafone v1240

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone v1615 (Kaiser)

Mine arrived today ;)

It's absolutely quality, the screen is just vast. Tom Tom 6 works a charm and I can see the speed cameras for miles lol

The only gripe I have so far is there is no scroll wheel or dpad.

p.s. how good is that teeter game?

Thanks mobilesdirect :D

The version of TTN6 I was using on my Kaiser doesn't work on my TP2 (Vodafone Branded) I didn't think it was compatible with the WVGA / resolution, which version do you have?

And Teeter is great!

M

Vodafone HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Vodafone V1615 (Kaiser)
Vodafone V1240 (Tornado)
Orange C500 (Typhoon)
T-Mobile MDAIII (Blue Angel)
Orange Motorola MPX200
Orange SPV (Canary)

BJTea

BJTea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Blackberry Curve

Vodafone business have them in stock, got mine yesterday on a £30+vat 18 month contract. Free phone, 500 mobile minutes, unlimited landline calls, 250 textx and unlimited internet. Plus an 18 month guarantee on the phone with next daty swap out if it goes wrong

Have ordered one on Vodafone business and hopefully it will arrive in next couple of days. Very glad to read you are pleased with yours.

DJ_Enigma

DJ_Enigma

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

The version of TTN6 I was using on my Kaiser doesn't work on my TP2 (Vodafone Branded) I didn't think it was compatible with the WVGA / resolution, which version do you have?

And Teeter is great!

I'm not sure how to find out which version I have, but assuming you've got your own maps then I guess it's legal for me to send you the cab file from my device if you PM me your email addy? Can anyone confirm if this is ok?

MODS: If this is not allowed, please let me know. I won't send anything till I know either way.

Thanks,

DJ

En_croute

En_croute

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2 on T-Mobile

Vodafone business have them in stock, got mine yesterday on a £30+vat 18 month contract. Free phone, 500 mobile minutes, unlimited landline calls, 250 textx and unlimited internet. Plus an 18 month guarantee on the phone with next daty swap out if it goes wrong

Hi,

What's the vodafone version of touch-flo like?
The vodafone business deal is excellent - but I've heard nasty rumours about the branding.

Thanks!

Space Corps Directive 592: In an emergency situation involving 2 or more officers of equal rank, seniority will be granted to whichever officer can program a VCR.

En_croute

En_croute

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
Went for an upgrade, but through Mobile Phones Direct - HTC ROM
I had maximum £330 discount from T-Mobile
Free handset
Move to Combi25 + W&W (£29.36pm) (£10 less than current)
£4 delivery
Arrives tomorrow.........

UPDATE:
Um No it doesn't
Contract was wrong-was for a HTC Diamond2
They want £65 for the TP2, New customers (same tariff) get it for £50!
Appeal pending..........

Edited by En_croute, 16 July 2009 - 02:50 PM.

Space Corps Directive 592: In an emergency situation involving 2 or more officers of equal rank, seniority will be granted to whichever officer can program a VCR.

Rob.P

Rob.P

No.1 the larch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Went for an upgrade, but through Mobile Phones Direct - HTC ROM
I had maximum £330 discount from T-Mobile
Free handset
Move to Combi25 + W&W (£29.36pm) (£10 less than current)
£4 delivery
Arrives tomorrow.........

UPDATE:
Um No it doesn't
Contract was wrong-was for a HTC Diamond2
They want £65 for the TP2, New customers (same tariff) get it for £50!
Appeal pending..........

Did you phone up or do it via their website? I've phoned them a couple of times and never got an answer. Also did you have to phone TMob firsth to find out what your discount was/is?

Interesting Times

En_croute

En_croute

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Did you phone up or do it via their website? I've phoned them a couple of times and never got an answer. Also did you have to phone TMob firsth to find out what your discount was/is?

Yup, £330 - even on a Combi 25 + W&W

The vodafone business deal works out at £26.25pm and a free BT headset

But is 500mb enough if I want to use it reguarly for teathering to a laptop?
Apparantly it's now a similar fair usage policy to t-mobile, not a £1.50/mb charge after the 500mb.

They say (!) they 6.5 upgrade will be able to be downloaded from Microsoft and applied to their ROM, so no branding delay from the operator.
Not sure if that's true, and would not know for several months!

Any thoughts out there?

stunno

stunno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact III

Yup, £330 - even on a Combi 25 + W&W

The vodafone business deal works out at £26.25pm and a free BT headset

But is 500mb enough if I want to use it reguarly for teathering to a laptop?
Apparantly it's now a similar fair usage policy to t-mobile, not a £1.50/mb charge after the 500mb.

They say (!) they 6.5 upgrade will be able to be downloaded from Microsoft and applied to their ROM, so no branding delay from the operator.
Not sure if that's true, and would not know for several months!

Any thoughts out there?

Apparently the 18 month contracts are capped at 500 mb and the 24 month are unlimited with a 500mb FUP but no charges above 500mb. I found this in a thread on the Vodafone forums but cannot find it again ;)

En_croute

En_croute

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Apparently the 18 month contracts are capped at 500 mb and the 24 month are unlimited with a 500mb FUP but no charges above 500mb. I found this in a thread on the Vodafone forums but cannot find it again ;)

I was teathered for most of yesterday, and used 90mb
OK, there was an open auto-refreshing window for the golf and the cricket, but 5 days a week, and some weekend bits too, quickly adds up!

unknown-singh

unknown-singh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Dell streak
woooo!

just took delivery of mine from MPD on this deal

Combi 30 + Web'n'Walk

18 months HTC TOUCH PRO 2 £24.99 now FREE!

700 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited internet 3 months free insurance

£34.26 a month

unbranded and unlocked.

ordered last night and got it today, gave a pac code when ordered so number is being ported over, got a text saying number will be ported over on the 20th of july. guess the weekend slowed things down a bit.
;)

also ordered through greasy palm (cashback site) and got £15!!!!

Edited by unknown-singh, 17 July 2009 - 11:37 AM.

asalhan

asalhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N95, S/Ericsson c902
Just a quick question to all the people who have said that they will be getting the phone on a VODAFONE contract. On the vodafone business site it asks you to provide company details. Now since i dont have a company, what do i do here? its asking things like if i'm a sole trader etc. Surely everyone who has said that they have a phone on the way from Vodafone on a business contract, either has a business or has lied out of their noses to vodafone.

stunno

stunno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact III

Just a quick question to all the people who have said that they will be getting the phone on a VODAFONE contract. On the vodafone business site it asks you to provide company details. Now since i dont have a company, what do i do here? its asking things like if i'm a sole trader etc. Surely everyone who has said that they have a phone on the way from Vodafone on a business contract, either has a business or has lied out of their noses to vodafone.

Have you ever sold anything on ebay? Or to a friend? If so you are a sole trader

Calling most of the members on here liars is not the best way to get help. But seeing as you asked, I rang the VF business number and asked for the TP2 a couple of days before it came out on their website. I was asked if I wanted the phone in my name or in a business name. I chose my name.

At no time was I asked whether I was a a business and at no time did I "lie through my teeth"

Please do not judge everyone by your own low standards!

asalhan

asalhan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N95, S/Ericsson c902
Apologies if you were offended. Its just that when i phoned vodafone for this phone the guy on the other end told me that i needed to provide 3 months bank statements and that i needed a letter head.

Mr.Clark

Mr.Clark

Ninja

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013
I've finally ordered.

£99.99 for the phone, £25 a month for 200 mins, 200 texts and 1GB internet.

Sweet as!

I've told them I'm already with T-Mob and given them my number. With any luck, I'll keep it. otherwise it's porting to my Orange PAYG (I only got it for the Orange Wednesdays ;)) and back again ASAP.

We'll see...

Rob.P

Rob.P

No.1 the larch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Have you ever sold anything on ebay? Or to a friend? If so you are a sole trader

Sorry to be pedantic about it but no your not, to be a sole trader you'd need to be registered with the Inland Revenue as self employed and as such do a tax return on a yearly basis.

Interesting Times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users