GordonTGopher

GordonTGopher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Devices:Rhodium (TP2)
  • Twitter:@GordonTGopher
A word of warning for those who are thinking of buying from MPD. I bought my TP2 from them 10 weeks or so ago. It has recently developed a touch screen fault. MPDs response is that after 7 days they have no responsibility for the device, that I need to return it to HTC for warranty repair, which will take 3 weeks or so, during which time I have no phone.

I am now faced with doing without the phone or taking action under the Sale of Goods act.

Caveat Emptor!

Gordon

q5485

q5485

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:moto q
Does anyone know if the htc touch pro 2 will work on old sero plans? I have a sprint moto q that I want to upgrade to htc pro 2 but I also don't want to give up my sero plan (cost: approx $ 30/month).

Thanks
Kash

DerekCohen

DerekCohen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vario

A word of warning for those who are thinking of buying from MPD. I bought my TP2 from them 10 weeks or so ago. It has recently developed a touch screen fault. MPDs response is that after 7 days they have no responsibility for the device, that I need to return it to HTC for warranty repair, which will take 3 weeks or so, during which time I have no phone.

I am now faced with doing without the phone or taking action under the Sale of Goods act.

Caveat Emptor!
Gordon

That is total bo**ocks. They are the retailer and they must fix it.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ine/8253915.stm

A word with their local trading standards officer would be useful. And if MPD won't budge then if you bought the phone or any part of the deal on a credit card then a word with them too.

MadSci

MadSci

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Here in Washington DC I can't find a single store with it in stock. Only 1 store even has a single example for display!

So I called AT&T, asked to speak to Customer Retention, FYI my monthly total is about $120 and my contract was up. Got a nice guy called Alex and told him I wnated to get the phone, and since my contract was up I was looking around for the best deal.

At first he was able to get it down to a net after rebates of $250. I winged a bit and suggested he try again as I thought I could do better elsewhere. He went off to talk to someone (a Supervisor I guess) and came back with the following:

$350 - $50rebate -another $50 rebate -10% + $249.99 plus a $50 mail in rebate to HTC for a net total of $174.99!

I could pry the actual rebate codes out of him, but feel free to press for the same deal!

MadSci

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
At wireless.amazon.com the tilt 2 (same as touch 2 with slightly different keyboard) for AT&T is on sale.
$49.99 for upgrade and $0.01 for new service with free activation charge (two-yr contract :lol: ).
I ordered and expect to see it in a couple of days.
Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3, 27 June 2010 - 08:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users