NEW IPHONE SUCKS

Guest wackyiraqi

Guest wackyiraqi

I just watched the end of Apple$ presentation and I must admit I was laughing at the "Upgrade". It basically has no useful new features and no INBUILT GPS. Nothing mentioned about stereo bluetooth. The camera is still crap, now it is a whopping 3 MP! WOW! It has video recording...And?

Oh and voice recognition...That's it. That is seriously it. I was thinking maybe Apple will take the Smart phone game to a new level. What crap. Honestly the Omnia with any shell is way better STILL than the Iphone.

What say you?

Guest ikediggety

oh, but you forgot the best "new feature" of all! it's amazing. you can - get this - select some text.

and then you can COPY it. and then you can PASTE it somewhere else COMPLETELY!

it's CRAZY! talk about thinking outside the box, they really are revolutionizing <shoots self in head>

Guest Jim McKenzie

New iphone sucks big time.

I was also expecting something big, something huge.. but what is that? Minor upgrades on 3G iphone and that`s it.

Omnia and especially OmniaII is still miles ahead, not to mention Omnia HD.

Guest Tim-H
iPhone vs rock :D

iPhon-vs-Rock.jpg

hahahaha omg that is awesome, havent seen it before. I also don't know why people are getting so crazy over the Pre. The Iphone will still be number 1, it's targeted toward people that dont understand technology, the majority.

Guest dreamer84

New iphone 3g s link = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C63tX239QLw

HAHAHA i just wacthed the video of the new iphone 3g s on youtube and holy crap it sucks almost as much as the 3g one, now it has video capture and a 3mp camera with autofocus WOOOOW does not even have flash just a crappy 3mp camera... :D

They keep pointing out thats this new iphone is the fastest iphone ever created ehhhm like what the hell? hope apple wont make a slower iphone than the previous one hehe, but ofcourse they cant say that the iphone is the fastest phone ever created because it isint, seems so retarded to use that sentence by apple.

The omnia is alot better eventhough its older hehe ;)

Edited by dreamer84

Guest Tim-H

You guys keep forgetting about the built in compass! Thats so if you get lost hiking and dont have a signal to use your software gps you can use the compass to find your way back! Though chances are, if you get lost hiking and dont have a real compass, you dont know how to use one.

Guest somedude

The new iphone has VGA 30 fps video though...Not bad.

Better than the omnia's video quality thats for sure.

Video is probably the omnia's biggest weakness.

Edited by somedude

Guest Tim-H
actually anyone of you use an iphone before?

Not personally, 3 of my co-workers have them. 1 non 3g, 2 of them 3g. I'm not impressed, picture quality sucks, gps sucks. All of them hate that there is no expandable memory, and that they cant swap in a new battery if their dies. And the fact that if they have any problems with it they have to send it in to be fixed, that includes unresponsive screens and battery problems. You can't do a proper power cycle on the battery because the phone has to be on to charge it. You can't customize the interface, and while im sure this has more to do with the coverage in my area, their reception always sucks.

On top of these things, I absolutely hate Apple as a company. I wouldn't spend a dime on any of their products. They could sell bottled piss and all the smug hipsters would call it a technological breakthrough and pay $300 a bottle for it.

Edited by Tim-H

Guest ylloree
Not personally, 3 of my co-workers have them. 1 non 3g, 2 of them 3g. I'm not impressed, picture quality sucks, gps sucks. All of them hate that there is no expandable memory, and that they cant swap in a new battery if their dies. And the fact that if they have any problems with it they have to send it in to be fixed, that includes unresponsive screens and battery problems. You can't do a proper power cycle on the battery because the phone has to be on to charge it. You can't customize the interface, and while im sure this has more to do with the coverage in my area, their reception always sucks.

On top of these things, I absolutely hate Apple as a company. I wouldn't spend a dime on any of their products. They could sell bottled piss and all the smug hipsters would call it a technological breakthrough and pay $300 a bottle for it.

I have both OMNIA and IPHONE. Both phones are great!!! Iphone a bit overpriced but fun and easy to use... OMNIA you can do everything...

Guest awarner (MVP)

That's the only thing apple are really good at is the marketing of it's and the general styling of thier products.

All the gloss and fanfare hide the lack of features some certain products have.

As for the image above, nice one :D

Guest bobobird

Wait it out - in 5 years they will have an iPhone that is as good as the ordinary high-end phones.

But wait ... in 5 years the real high end phones will be 20 years ahead of the iPhone.

Guest Adrynalyne
Wait it out - in 5 years they will have an iPhone that is as good as the ordinary high-end phones.

But wait ... in 5 years the real high end phones will be 20 years ahead of the iPhone.

It was awesome of them to include a 3mp camera. I mean, its not like we are starting see 8mp cameras on phones...wait, yes we are!

Guest bobobird

Just one point though - no matter how technologically advance phones can become, M$ in its ultimate wisdom can never ever seem to get WinMo right and that my friends is what bothers me the most.

Adrynalyne - 12mp one are on their way...

Edited by bobobird

Guest Adrynalyne
Just one point though - no matter how technologically advance phones can become, M$ in its ultimate wisdom can never ever seem to get WinMo right and that my friends is what bothers me the most.

Adrynalyne - 12mp one are on their way...

Guess it depends on how you look at it. IMO, there is no such thing as any device or OS that 'gets it right' to a power user. We crave...so much...

For the average joe, I think it gets it right. Not elegant, but effective. Plus we have that advanced technology just now being seen on the iPhone--copy and paste.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest visions77

I'm using Omnia but I'm gald iphone came to the phone market. Iphone did make the whole phone market react to their simple yet innovative interface.

The new iphone 3G does not have much technological advancement. But so is WinMo for the pass many years.. It's only third party software that is keeping WinMo alive and kicking. But iphone by itself without 3rd party is already very pleasing to use.

Edited by visions77

Guest Nicklashidegard

My fav thing about the omnia is right here......these forums...

It enables the omnia to be right for almost every user (Thanks to all the great chefs out there) , and the options with WinMo are endless (WAD2, Manilla, SPB, Mortscript, Titanium etc, etc etc....)

That's one big thing the Iphone haven't got, and never will have... Omnia chefs :D

Guest R10T

Until any of these phones have a proper flash and shutter in them 3,5,12,20 mp is useless. But I will say with the right lighting the omnia out shines the iPhone. My friend is a huge iPhone fanboy that I just wanna punch square in the face. Too bad he lives 3 hours away. The UI can be switched in the iPhone but unlike the iPhone the omnia is actually able to change the UI w/o a hack.

Guest thescope

I thank Apple "Evil Empire" for making the Iphone "The People's phone" and that the competition "any other phone will be shot on sight" had to stand up to higher standards.

I don't think we would have this many Touch phones today if it wasent for the Iphone that forces all phone makers

to give up the so-90's keypads.

I had 2G and 3G Iphones and sold them as fast as i got them. they are nice and sleek, almost never get stuck except when they overheat?!?

yet no multi tasking, old Technology, slow browser and can't install a second better browser and most importantly the Iphone and Apple FORCE you to hack you phone (jailbrake) or BUY what they ALLOW you to download.

Iphone is a good phone for people that want just a plain phone (not a smartphone) like kids and people who only use internet and Office.

Edited by thescope

Guest yashgupta25

The iPhone is not at all as impressive as one would think. It's almost like WinMo in an iPhone shell. The voice control is totally idiotic. It's okay when you're voice dialling your calls, but imagine standing in the train and talking to yourself trying to get the song right ... how retarded is that. The only time you can use it is when you're driving, which would then be illegal to take calls anyways.

Compass - now why would I need a compass in the phone. How does it help me? Of course I'm not going to carry the iPhone on my treks. Then why. Also it's of no use when they say that it helps in rotating the map in the direction that you're going in. I can do that just as simply WITHOUT a compass in the Omnia.

Totally uselss over hype, I'd say.