NEW IPHONE SUCKS

Guest wackyiraqi

Guest jenben
My perfect combi: Samsung Omnia i900 8GB + iPod Touch 2gen 8GB!

Spot on just what I have too.

Bye the way my i900 omnia in gps mode has a compass wow how crazy is that lol

Guest Shuflie

The compass is a magnetic one, which doesn't rely on you moving in GPS mode to be able to tell which direction you're facing, if you've ever done any map reading you'd realise that that is quite important and that is why anyone using the old fashioned method of navigation using a paper map out in the wild gets much better results when they have a compass. But you're all forgetting the most important, new and revolutionary feature that the new iPhone 3 software brings - the ability to delete or forward individual SMS or MMS messages, now why did no one else think of that one before now? :D

Guest thescope

Well, the idea of a compass is strange, since you can use GPS, and most GPS software comes with a compass, unless you are on Mars in that case there are no GPS capable satellites available so yes then it would come in handy...

I don't know of any location on Earth outdoors that has no GPS coverage, there are weak spots maybe that satellites don't go over but there is always something...

Edited by thescope

Guest Dr Who

Despite the many faults of the iphone in my eyes, including the fact she barely gets 8 hours of battery life out of the thing which is what prompted her to hurl her last phone (Vario II) against a wall, my wife LOVES her iphone.

She is a power voice call and gmail user, and finds features like the visual answer phone and easy interface completely invaluable. Ditto the very nice implementation of google maps it is far easier to use than my GPS equipped Nokia.

She doesn't use the internet on the phone much, she has never used a phone as a camera, has probably sent 4 MMS in her life and has absolutely no interest in geeking around with a phone. And yet she will quite happily use the app store to put new features on her phone.

So there you go, thats the perfect Apple customer for you - somebody who appreciates style and ease of use but has no interest in settings, open source, optimisation, hacking, etc. Saying the new iphone sucks is pointless - it sucks to the 1% of the population who like to hack their firmware so they can install the latest operating shell but it is amazing to the 99% of the population who never previously used email or mapping on their phone even though it was available to them for several years.

Edited by Dr Who

well, its really interesting reading how people are taking out their frustration on the iphone and i would say that this is healthy, so please keep on...

but the truth is that, and i wouldnt lie, isaid it before and will say it again, if the new iphone or the old iphone 3G was costing not more than £4 and it was not operator locked or some s***. then i would like to have one, just to use it for watching movies and destroying it with all the apps u can try and all the flashing u can do. but i would never even consider getting one now.

be honest guys, if someone was giving free iphones on the street, wouldnt u take one just for the fun of having one and play movies with it??

all the rest , the omnia is here for. liek i said,, iphone is for boys, while winmo devicesw are for men.

my friend bought an iphone 3g long before i got my omnia, and he was showing off erally a lot. i got my omnia in december last year and since then he ate through 3 iphones. 2 of them locked, 1 totally crashed, and each time he went back to the retailer, they asked him nothing just replaced one immediately. he is really tired of his iphone and he wants an omnia now.. :D he lost all his appointments, data contacts, all the info because the stupid iphone just decided not to work anymore from one day to the other.. well, this is what u get when u play with small boys toys i told him.

Guest Shuflie

1. The iphone 3G and presumably the 3GS has a built in GPS and apparently Tomtom are going to be releasing navigation software for it.

2. a compass and GPS are not mutually exclusive devices, some handheld GPS units have proper built in compasses which make it really easy when you're navigating on foot, when you're in a strange city and walking around just knowing that you're pointed in the right direction is almost as useful as pinpointing where you are on a map.

3. There are lots of places on earth where GPS coverage is patchy, like most big cities in america that have skyscrapers so tall its hard to get a good view of the sky. Even when there is a good possibility of getting a signal, the GPS system is not foolproof, the US government who have control of the GPS satellite network sometimes switch it off or provide reduced coverage unless you are using US military grade GPS equipment.

I have several windows mobile phones and an original iPhone, they are all good and bad in their own individual ways. Just beacuse Apple give their iPhone a speed boost and new (to them ) features doesn't make any difference to the Windows mobile phones you already have, if you don't like the iPhone then don't get it, if you do like it then get it, its as simple as that. I know that as soon as there is a jailbreak and unlock for the 3.0 iPhone software I'll be upgrading mine, if I don't like the new software I'll just go back to the 2.1 version I use now.

Edited by Shuflie

Guest yashgupta25
1. The iphone 3G and presumably the 3GS has a built in GPS and apparently Tomtom are going to be releasing navigation software for it.

2. a compass and GPS are not mutually exclusive devices, some handheld GPS units have proper built in compasses which make it really easy when you're navigating on foot, when you're in a strange city and walking around just knowing that you're pointed in the right direction is almost as useful as pinpointing where you are on a map.

3. There are lots of places on earth where GPS coverage is patchy, like most big cities in america that have skyscrapers so tall its hard to get a good view of the sky. Even when there is a good possibility of getting a signal, the GPS system is not foolproof, the US government who have control of the GPS satellite network sometimes switch it off or provide reduced coverage unless you are using US military grade GPS equipment.

I have several windows mobile phones and an original iPhone, they are all good and bad in their own individual ways. Just beacuse Apple give their iPhone a speed boost and new (to them ) features doesn't make any difference to the Windows mobile phones you already have, if you don't like the iPhone then don't get it, if you do like it then get it, its as simple as that. I know that as soon as there is a jailbreak and unlock for the 3.0 iPhone software I'll be upgrading mine, if I don't like the new software I'll just go back to the 2.1 version I use now.

That's well wrote. Also the battery for the iPhone (and for iPods and Apple in general) has been far superior. I don't know what they put in that battery, but it does run much longer than the Omnia, of course. Also one good thing that came with the iPhone was the simplicity of the interface, which I think has been mentioned by someone already. If it wasn't for the iPhone interface, we wouldn't be craving for simpler, finger friendly GUI, keyboards, contacts menus, even our very own S2U2 and S2p.

So I guess it's fair to say that iPhone invented it, and we developed it. :D

Guest somedude
I'm using Omnia but I'm gald iphone came to the phone market. Iphone did make the whole phone market react to their simple yet innovative interface.

I am too.

A little competition is always good.

If it werent for the iphone and all of its cool features, we'd still have tiny screens and would still be using a stupid stylus.

No iphone = no point ui, no touchflo 3d, etc. Iphone put the fun and innovation into phones.

Just look how crappy and boring phone interfaces were before the iphone came out.

If the iphone had a decent camera, i would get one. The apps that they have for the phone are pretty cool.

Edited by somedude

Guest camz

I just don't get why people are totally brainwashed with what the new "upgrade" iPhone have. Yes, it looks cool and sexy but do you buy phones for the sake of glamour or for communicating with people? It's funny because some fanboys/girls of the iPhone are getting frustrated because other people are hating the device, some with acceptable reasons and some who just don't like it.

Apple really has a smart marketing strategy that make people ga-ga over their supposedly new device. If it was just not over hyped and maybe true to it's price and not so overpriced, I would buy one. It's just that, you see other phones with better specs than the iPhone. Some people buy it because it will make them look good and they will be part of the "in" crowd, which is a bit immature.

If Apple just added up the features beforehand and not making 3 different phones with different specs which were out years ago, I would probably be buying one. Well, it makes the market competition healthy and it also make people crave over it.

Guest somedude

you guys are forgetting that your average joe isnt as geeky about cell phone as we are.

The average person doesnt care about bluetooth, mms, etc. All they know is that the iphone works, it is very easy to use, and that there are thousands of cool apps available for it.

Winmo is created by geeks and for geeks/heavy business users. We are the minority.

Guest Adrynalyne

The average joe, or in the case of my wife, jane, doesn't care about touchscreen and rather have hardware buttons too.

Touchscreens appeal more to the geeky crowd.

Guest Turb0wned

I guess I can understand all the hating and s*** talking about the iphone because I was the same way till I acually bought an iphone. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ANYTHING ELSE.

Guest El Boyo

i hate people who av got it in to their thick heads that the iPhone is the best phone in the world when it has taken Apple 3 software updates just to put copy and paste into the the OS

Guest Turb0wned
i hate people who av got it in to their thick heads that the iPhone is the best phone in the world when it has taken Apple 3 software updates just to put copy and paste into the the OS

Everything always said is "copy and paste, copy and paste" shut up with that already. We didn't have it before now we do so what. Just like you cant even see your Omnia's screen in sunlight. Just like you dont have 50,000 apps, just like the opera and internet browser on the Omnia sucks, just like you have a 5 mp camera and the iphones 2mp takes better pictures the list goes on and on and on. And I can talk, I had the Omnia I had the Touch HD and now have the iphone. It is the best phone in the world right now. The easiest to use also. And I dont mean to get anyone mad here because I did make a good bond here with alot of people but when i hear things like this it just pisses me off. You haven't even owned an iphone 3G. The excuse is always "oh I never owned one but my friend has one."

Edited by Turb0wned

Guest bpivk
Just like you dont have 50,000 apps,
Umm.... yes... we have more than that. ;)

just like the opera and internet browser on the Omnia sucks,
I like opera and iphone didn't convince me.

just like you have a 5 mp camera and the iphones 2mp takes better pictures
That is false. I have compared the photos (if you call that comparing).

But i do agree that both phones make bad pictures compared to my Sony W-150.  :D

Guest Turborepu
Everything always said is "copy and paste, copy and paste" shut up with that already. We didn't have it before now we do so what. Just like you cant even see your Omnia's screen in sunlight. Just like you dont have 50,000 apps, just like the opera and internet browser on the Omnia sucks, just like you have a 5 mp camera and the iphones 2mp takes better pictures the list goes on and on and on. And I can talk, I had the Omnia I had the Touch HD and now have the iphone. It is the best phone in the world right now. The easiest to use also. And I dont mean to get anyone mad here because I did make a good bond here with alot of people but when i hear things like this it just pisses me off. You haven't even owned an iphone 3G. The excuse is always "oh I never owned one but my friend has one."

How come all the apple fan boys get all defensive/offensive right away? I can see my omnia's screen in the sunlight. It not as bright as the sun for sure, but it is readable. I have noticed that from all my friends the ones who got iphones are the ones always trying to be "cool". Everyone else has something that actually works for them.. My omnia, and previous samsung phones have grown with me and my profession. They provide what i need and nothing i dont. I have used the 5MP camera for various pictures that required great detail because lots of money was in limbo.. You just need to realize that phone cameras are still not point and shoot like many digi cams. I dont care of the mp count..

Mac Fan boys always talk s*** about people who do not own the products they were duped into buying. they cheer about all the features they have that mean nothing to the regular user.. doesnt matter if its a pc of phone. They act all arrogant like they know something you dont.. I have used plenty of macs/iphones and have never been so taken by the interface that i just HAD to have one.. its pretty and smooth.. so is linux and its free.. the phones have multi touch which is cool but I almost always use my omnia with one hand because I am working when I use it the most.. It is not a toy for me to play with and entertain myself like a child. Sure i might play a game here or there to kill some time, but if i really wanted to do that alot i could just buy a ds or psp and get a real gaming experience. I can spend much less on a phone that can be made to do much more.. Sure i might have to get the programs for it but why pay for lots of things i will never use.. I dont need a band, I dont have a mac to take advantage of my phone syncing and doing all those "cool" mac related features.. Though im sure others would run to the store to get all the gear..

I can pay less for a phone that does more, and i am not too dumb to learn the system/shell regardless of what it is.. Apple is losing momentum because they did set a high bar, but even for themselves.. they are runnin out of fan boys to recruit because everything they put out has such a high price that in this economic climate people are really starting to do the math. Every company is puttin out phones with good interfaces now, but the fanboys/girls are now having to defend "the great phone evAR" title..

After saying all that though.. that is just me.. I like function over form. I originally did not want an omnia for the the lack of hw keyboard. I researched it, bought and have since grown to love it.. My next phone might be winmo, maybe palm, maybe **gasp** Apple.. how will I know? when i figure out what it is i need/want when the time for a new phone comes around.. I am not runnin to the store or ordering it so i can have it and be showing it off, regardless of what it is.. I rely too much on my phone to get something soo new that i do not know if it will have bugs or problems when released. Phones are a personal choice and to each his own..

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY JUST GOT COPY AND PASTE!! lol

why start/read a thread on a winmo forum to talk about apple without expecting the words to fly.. its like going to a honda forum and talking about rotaries or something to that tune..

Edited by Turborepu

Guest maf107ezk0

Turborepu, they GOT COPY AND PASTE?!?! WOWOWOOWOWO!!! rofl! Seriously, you can`t say that an iphone is even near the Omnia but I don`t want to start another huge fight, so I would suggest that this topic is closed - this is a forum for OMNIA not for the CRAPPHONE :D

Guest smoothcrooner

My girlfriend has an iPhone 3G and we live together, do I count? There is nothing on this earth that will make me swap my Omnia for an iPhone, as a mattter of fact, it is the other way round as regards to my girlfriend, shame she is on an eightheen month contract.

Guest Adrynalyne
just like you have a 5 mp camera and the iphones 2mp takes better pictures the list goes on and on and on.

I know the Omnia has a steep learning curve with the camera and all, but next time, set the resolution above 640x480 before comparing to the iPhone.

Guest ikediggety
You haven't even owned an iphone 3G. The excuse is always "oh I never owned one but my friend has one."

it's not that we don't like them because we didn't buy one. it's that we didn't buy one because we don't like them.