25 replies to this topic

Kausor

Kausor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2

You can upgrade via mobilephonesdirect.com
And you get an unbranded TP2, so no waiting for T-Mobile to issue 6.5 when it arrives!

Thanks for this. I have just upgraded today with WM 6.1, joy!

Tommy Squeaker

Tommy Squeaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Sheffield Wednesday FC Season ticket holder.<br /><br />Xbox 360
  • Devices:Omnia

Thanks for this. I have just upgraded today with WM 6.1, joy!

Do you mind me asking what price they charged you for the upgrade?

My 12 months are up again with T Mobile, i rang them yesterday, they just said they dont have the Touch Pro 2, but they have the Diamond 2. I can see the phone is on Mobilephonesdirect.co.uk my contract is roughly £40 a month, without extra charges, including WNW. What kind of price would i be looking at to upgrade it to another 12 month contract on same terms?

Thanks

Rob.P

Rob.P

No.1 the larch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Media, Technology
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@Patchworkcow

My 12 months are up again with T Mobile, i rang them yesterday, they just said they dont have the Touch Pro 2, but they have the Diamond 2. I can see the phone is on Mobilephonesdirect.co.uk my contract is roughly £40 a month, without extra charges, including WNW. What kind of price would i be looking at to upgrade it to another 12 month contract on same terms?

Thanks

I've literally just got off the phone with MPD doing an upgrade on my T-Mobile account. It started off with they needed to know my 'Discount Banding' so I called 150 and after bouncing around the TMob phone system I decided to go straight to retentions for a stright answer. The girl on the phone said they can't disclose that discount to the customer but she can apply it to my account as an offer for 10 days so I can go shopping elsewhere for a phone.

I phoned MPD back and told them this and the chap on the other end handed me over to the sales girl who took my details so she could access my account details and find out what the figure was. TMob applied £250 discount to my account and when taking into consideration my current tariff (Flext 35+WnW Pro, 18month contract) she said the handset would be £100, I asked if changing my tariff would provide a better discount on the handset but TMob would only offer a Combi tariff and none that suited me without making the handset cost higher.

Because I did all this over the phone the MPD people are emailing me my contract for me to sign, scan and send back, she said if I can get this emailed back before the end of Monday (Bank Holiday) they can process it first thing Tuesday and phone should be with me by Wednesday. All in all I weighed up the cost of the handset against the hassle of PAC'ing my number out and back in again plus being lumbered with a combi tariff and £100 isn't bad in my book for a handset like this (especially seeing as it's network unbranded and unlocked).

Interesting Times

(SPV>E200>C500>Qtek9100>Vario2>Touch Dual>Touch Pro2>Desire HD)

DerekCohen

DerekCohen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vario

I've literally just got off the phone with MPD doing an upgrade on my T-Mobile account. It started off with they needed to know my 'Discount Banding' so I called 150 and after bouncing around the TMob phone system I decided to go straight to retentions for a stright answer. The girl on the phone said they can't disclose that discount to the customer but she can apply it to my account as an offer for 10 days so I can go shopping elsewhere for a phone.

I phoned MPD back and told them this and the chap on the other end handed me over to the sales girl who took my details so she could access my account details and find out what the figure was. TMob applied £250 discount to my account and when taking into consideration my current tariff (Flext 35+WnW Pro, 18month contract) she said the handset would be £100, I asked if changing my tariff would provide a better discount on the handset but TMob would only offer a Combi tariff and none that suited me without making the handset cost higher.

Because I did all this over the phone the MPD people are emailing me my contract for me to sign, scan and send back, she said if I can get this emailed back before the end of Monday (Bank Holiday) they can process it first thing Tuesday and phone should be with me by Wednesday. All in all I weighed up the cost of the handset against the hassle of PAC'ing my number out and back in again plus being lumbered with a combi tariff and £100 isn't bad in my book for a handset like this (especially seeing as it's network unbranded and unlocked).

When I tried this T-Mobile said I had to give my log-in details and password to the dealer which I blew my top at. I insisted that they tell me what my discount was directly seeing as how it was mine. Eventually they said it was £200. In the end I moved to Vodafone at MPD as the phone was free.

It's amazing that mobile phone companies are still willing to lose existing customers rather than give them the same deal as new ones. If T-Mobile had given me the phone free I'd have stayed with them. But it's only free to people new to T-mobile.

Kausor

Kausor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2
Hello Tommy,

Sadly (others may laugh at me paying such an amount), I paid £300, at Mobile Phones Direct.
I got a £200 discount i.e. the T-Mobile Upgrade discount amount; so for a £500 handset, I got £200 knocked off.

The reason for a low discount is I am fortunate to have an employee discount on my WnW, so I only pay half price for my monthly tariff (Flext 35 + WnW - under £20 pcm); so I can fully appreciate why T-Mobile wouldn't exactly fight to keep me on their network as I probably cost them money!

KAA

Thanks

Rob.P

Rob.P

No.1 the larch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Media, Technology
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II
  • Twitter:@Patchworkcow

When I tried this T-Mobile said I had to give my log-in details and password to the dealer which I blew my top at. I insisted that they tell me what my discount was directly seeing as how it was mine. Eventually they said it was £200. In the end I moved to Vodafone at MPD as the phone was free.

It's amazing that mobile phone companies are still willing to lose existing customers rather than give them the same deal as new ones. If T-Mobile had given me the phone free I'd have stayed with them. But it's only free to people new to T-mobile.

That's odd I didn't have to give them my login details, just my mob no. and postcode, she did the rest on the system, I presumed they have some sort of dealer access to the TMob accounts for such a thing.

Fingers crossed my new toy should arrive at somepoint tomorrow :D

Interesting Times

(SPV>E200>C500>Qtek9100>Vario2>Touch Dual>Touch Pro2>Desire HD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users