Still using your Q9h?

Guest Bikerbob

Guest Bikerbob

Hey people, users of Q9h's you still out there?

I am a new user, and I love the thing.

I actually have 2 at the moment. An older one that I have updated to 6.1 (att unlocked) and a new 6.0.

Now I am in Canada - On the rogers network.

I have an issue.. which I figure could/should be able to be fixed in the registry.

ANyone out there that wants to help with this??

Thanks

James

Guest zelendel

I actually have 2 at the moment. An older one that I have updated to 6.1 (att unlocked) and a new 6.0.

I have an issue.. which I figure could/should be able to be fixed in the registry.

Thanks

James

Ill be more then willing to help out. What do you need?

Guest Bikerbob

ok, here is the issue, and as I understand it.. everyone who uses an ATT moto q9h on Rogers network has it.

The SMS servers on ATT and ROGERS do not time stamp the same way..

With my ROGERS phone on the ROGERS network everything is right as rain.. as you can guess they have the phone setup with a ROGERS branded rom and the settings for their servers.

WHen I converted the older Q9h to ATT ROM - so that I could get wm6.1 (ROGERS never did an update) the SMS time moved 4 hours ahead. Now I say SMS because its the only item on the phone that I can tell is time sensitive.. I have not confirmed MMS because I use it so little.

MY work around was to - Change my timezone from -5 EST to -1 Azores - then manually set the time and turn off the data time sync. This does work as long as I dont sync the phone to a computer.. at which time it will reset what I have done and I have to do it again.

This would seem to me to be a setting in the phone somewhere.. in the registry, I cannot get any info from ROGERS or MOTOROLA as to what this is..

I have removed ATT software, tweeked settings, change the Home and the Start menus.. I have this phone cooking really nice.. except for this one pain in the ass. ANY ideas???

James

Guest zelendel
ok, here is the issue, and as I understand it.. everyone who uses an ATT moto q9h on Rogers network has it.

The SMS servers on ATT and ROGERS do not time stamp the same way..

With my ROGERS phone on the ROGERS network everything is right as rain.. as you can guess they have the phone setup with a ROGERS branded rom and the settings for their servers.

WHen I converted the older Q9h to ATT ROM - so that I could get wm6.1 (ROGERS never did an update) the SMS time moved 4 hours ahead. Now I say SMS because its the only item on the phone that I can tell is time sensitive.. I have not confirmed MMS because I use it so little.

MY work around was to - Change my timezone from -5 EST to -1 Azores - then manually set the time and turn off the data time sync. This does work as long as I dont sync the phone to a computer.. at which time it will reset what I have done and I have to do it again.

This would seem to me to be a setting in the phone somewhere.. in the registry, I cannot get any info from ROGERS or MOTOROLA as to what this is..

I have removed ATT software, tweeked settings, change the Home and the Start menus.. I have this phone cooking really nice.. except for this one pain in the ass. ANY ideas???

James

I am not to Sure about that to be honest. I would find a non branded 6.1 rom to flash and that should solve our prob. I will ask around. Check out everythingwm.com they might be able to help more.

Guest Bikerbob
I am not to Sure about that to be honest. I would find a non branded 6.1 rom to flash and that should solve our prob. I will ask around. Check out everythingwm.com they might be able to help more.

Yes I have tried, looked and looked, if you have any leads that would be great.

All I have seen mentioned and have been able to get so far is the ATT unlocked rom. Almost all people who updated their q9h to 6.1 have used this..

It only seems to be ROGERS customers so far that complain about this time difference.

James

Guest Bikerbob
Yes I have tried, looked and looked, if you have any leads that would be great.

All I have seen mentioned and have been able to get so far is the ATT unlocked rom. Almost all people who updated their q9h to 6.1 have used this..

It only seems to be ROGERS customers so far that complain about this time difference.

James

Hmmm seems like there is not too many of us left.. active q9h users. Please if you have any experience with hacking the registry and like a challenge please try and help me.

If I can get this time issue fixed I will upgrade my new phone to the 6.1firmware.. otherwise I will leave it at 6.0 so that I still have my warrenty and can get support from Rogers if I need it.. if I upgrade the phone to an AT&T firmware I loose my support.

James

• 1 month later...
Guest Gargoyle117

I've been using a Q9h since before it was released (almost 3 years now). I have loved the phone, but I am finally making the upgrad to an Android phone. I might keep the Q9h around as my second phone though. You can't beat the keypad (best in class) or the GPS softwares that I have on there. I really wish there were a worthy successor to the Q9's.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest acerno1

Thanks

James

hello

i am a user of att q9h may i know weather the rom of 6.1(att unlocked) can use the GPS ? in my country , some rom can not use the GPS , some rom can use the GPS but after that you can not update the BP anymore

i think the rom 6.1(att unlocked) can solve my problem that you not only can use the GPS but also can update the BP with the rom is it true?

if it is true can you send me the address of ROM 6.1(ATT UNLOCKED) ? THANKS ... (*^__^*)