• Please log in to reply
898 replies to this topic

lorier

lorier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA I900

Is there any difference found yet? Is the touchscreen driver stable now or?

With this release, I haven't encountered the freeze problem and the touchescreen seems to work fine.

renegadEE

renegadEE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900

With this release, I haven't encountered the freeze problem and the touchescreen seems to work fine.

Ok, will try it then and see for myself ;)

Gary Crutcher

Gary Crutcher

Developer/Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II / Galaxy S III
Thanks everyone for a great Android project.

Got it installed and it is beautiful!!!!!

Only thing I could not do under Win Vista was set the file permissions (used Paragon Part. Mgr. to create/format my
SD card; Installed ext2ifs to view/copy files to my SD card).

Once I set file permissions (sudo chmod 755 *) using Ubuntu under VMWare, it booted right up.

If I could have figured out how to set file permissions, I would not have needed Ubuntu.

Again, thanks for all the hard work guys.

Looking forward to Beta #1.

Gary

Omnia I900 (Khuanchai custom ROM 21928/23016)
Omnia II (My Own JH2/23689 Lite Custom Rom)
Galaxy S III 16 GB (ZSEMI1 ROM, Siyah-s3-v1.9 kernel)

Note 3 (N900, Rooted, Unlocked, KitKat)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (Rooted, my own custom KitKat ROM)
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work, Donations Happily Accepted.
>>>Donation Link<<<

blu_bie

blu_bie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Teknology
  • Devices:LG ks20
great...
since android launching... i really want to try it,hope soon this get fully working guys..
;)

aceofrazgriz

aceofrazgriz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible, Omnia i910
a quick peak at the changelog i noticed this:
"rev140 - drivers/power/sgh_battery.c battery voltage and percent working"

didn't see if they had rev140 for d/l tho. But they're still making progress. Gotta start with the basics. Also, rev 139 noted screen calibration.

AndreLim

AndreLim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
Is it possible to install applications at this point? If it is possible how do I do it?

mnegutu

mnegutu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch (elf)
none of the new rev's are available for direct download but you can compile them for yourselves under linux. I can compile the image and rootfs if smb wants a newer version of the android, just post here if you want me to do that.

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Is it possible to install applications at this point? If it is possible how do I do it?

it's possible from first release. download .apk files from some android apps site and copy it to storage card under /system/app and next time you boot they will be in menu. but most of them are useless (we dont have g-sensor for games, data connection for others and so on...). personally i played solitare and i must say it's much much better than the one on omnia... have fun;)

Is there an officer, problem? :D

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

none of the new rev's are available for direct download but you can compile them for yourselves under linux. I can compile the image and rootfs if smb wants a newer version of the android, just post here if you want me to do that.

can you please make rev145 and keep them commin' in like every next 20 if it's not bothering you....don't know how to compile anything ;) tnx! :D

mnegutu

mnegutu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
yeah sure, just give me like 30 minutes to download the last rev and compile it, and i'll just upload it on megaupload or smth, and post the link. just check the topic in like 30-45 minutes because it takes a while to download all the stuff.

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

yeah sure, just give me like 30 minutes to download the last rev and compile it, and i'll just upload it on megaupload or smth, and post the link. just check the topic in like 30-45 minutes because it takes a while to download all the stuff.

thank you! ;) i would give you a kiss but probbably you're a guy and i like WOMEN xD :D

wlogan

wlogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:omnia

Hi all,

Thanks § Looking forward to d/l it ! ;o)

AndreLim

AndreLim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

it's possible from first release. download .apk files from some android apps site and copy it to storage card under /system/app and next time you boot they will be in menu. but most of them are useless (we dont have g-sensor for games, data connection for others and so on...). personally i played solitare and i must say it's much much better than the one on omnia... have fun;)

I did that but I can't see the application.

EDIT

Would a list of applications that work be useful?

Edited by AndreLim, 07 July 2009 - 10:50 AM.

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

I did that but I can't see the application.

hummm yes i had this problem also with apps created for i don't know newer or older release of android you should ask developers about that...
android is still alpha version so don't expect any miracles on it...try another app maybe you get luckier next time ;)

mnegutu

mnegutu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Here you are, rev145: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYGUI7VZ

Just unzip it, copy the haret folder wherever you want (except the sd card), and then the contents of the andromnia rootfs.tar.gz must be copied under linux to the ext2 partition. don't forget to unmount before disconnecting.
I haven't yet tested it but if there's a problem please tell me so i can take a look at it.

Oh yeah and run haret to boot it. More details and support at the project official page : http://support-koehl...d39e86fddf8c151

LE: i tried to include solitaire and some apps but i think they need to be optimised, so they don't run, i'll remove them in the next release.

Enjoy.

Edited by mnegutu, 07 July 2009 - 10:50 AM.

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
downloadin it now let's see whats new from 103 ;) cheers and tnx again :D

mnegutu

mnegutu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
well the screen flicker is gone, battery is now showing the correct charging state, some work at the kernel, boots faster, and some keys swapped. after some major change i'll upload a new release and i will include a changelog.
and no problem, i was going to compile the new rev for myself anw, so why not help others get it ;)

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

well the screen flicker is gone, battery is now showing the correct charging state, some work at the kernel, boots faster, and some keys swapped. after some major change i'll upload a new release and i will include a changelog.
and no problem, i was going to compile the new rev for myself anw, so why not help others get it ;)

well thanks man figured it by myself few moments ago lol :D
besides this very good project I also discovered ubuntu an i didn't start windows for like a week...so everybody-don't be afraid to try it linux is the best on phone or on computer..
cya :)

Antonioffaxii

Antonioffaxii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Wow awesome job guys, thought it would take much longer to get a working version working... Kudos all round!

semmtexx

semmtexx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Devices:HTC Eris
I'll just say I have been glued to this topic and the support site that the dev's have. Can't wait until these guys get telephony working! Keep up the good work everyone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users