[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest jhitesma
Don't have a SD card ! can't it be loaded from the my STORAGE

If you really want to you could probably create an ext2 partition on "My Storage" - though it would cause issues with anything in WM that looks for data in "My Storage".

You'd also have to make changes to to 'default.txt' to point the loader at the other location, and there may be other issues within android where it's setup to look to the SD card.

It's not impossible. But really not a good idea right now. You don't need a big SD card, I'm using a spare 1G card that I had and it's got plenty of room. I picked that card up a few years ago for $12 and only payed $20 for my 16G I normally use...so I'm sure you can pick up a 1G card for next to nothing. Or just ask around locally, you may find someone like me that had one from an older phone laying around that they aren't using anymore.

Right now there's not much to see anyway. There are also a couple of devs talking about building an installer as well as the daily progress on getting drivers working. In a few days or weeks it will probably be a lot easier to get it up and running and there will be more to do once you get there.

Guest joža

is it important how do you name SD card? cuz i cannot get it pass the part where it should read it from it. great project BTW when could we expect downloadable version with touchscreen support?

Guest lonely2k5

anyway to get the .rar so we can just extract to storage and run haret??

i just created 2 partitions on my storage

1. primary - 7Gb - fat32 - label My storage - mounts ok in winmo and can put files on it and run them so its good

2. primary - 1Gb - ext2 - label Android - can write on it from linux

now the hard part to get haret/android find this partition

Edited by lonely2k5

Guest FeLLa_

hmm

you should not test every new image/revision out there... there are maybe lots of bugs in it and unstable kernel revisions maybe could brick your phone! we make new andromnia package if its time... testing every revision from any user could be ending in revisions chaos and lots of broken phones... be carefull!

fella

Edited by FeLLa_

Guest lonely2k5

thnx for reply

well this phone is made for this stuff...if i would use it just for calling i could buy old nokia

i havent testen no rev so far and i would like to, but now that there is touchscreen drivers working i would like to test this one not the old one

can you masters of modding provide one for test?

thnx

p.s. if it brakes ill buy new one...its just the best phone out there

Edited by lonely2k5

Guest FeLLa_

no we gave no more support! if people are able to build from svn they can test...

but we cant do our work atm because too much questions on non released revisions....

sorry

Guest kuibekl

got kernel panic.

i followed the instruction 3 times.

(...)

Freeing init memory: 120K

Warning: Unableto open an initial console.

Failed to execute /init. Attempting defaults..

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init=option to kernel.

_

any help?

Guest maf107ezk0

OMG! I was gone for 2-3 days and this is what happened ;) The whole team who`s doing this - you are AMAZING, just AMAZING!!! Just wanted to say how grateful we are :D

Guest gitarock

can someone that has a success make a phone image ,like a backup ???

this way we can just do like we'r making a restore and it will be that simple...

Guest lonely2k5

sector you are totaly right

let them work...

but as you know as you are wm6.5 cook that we like to test early stages and see how this masters of cooking develop

i also started to flash wm6.5 from 1st build until now and had about 20 your roms on my phone till now...still using your latest

Guest joža
got kernel panic.

i followed the instruction 3 times.

(...)

Freeing init memory: 120K

Warning: Unableto open an initial console.

Failed to execute /init. Attempting defaults..

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init=option to kernel.

_

any help?

-insert your SD card in windows->format it to fat

-go to linux again, start gparted format to ext2

-type sudo nautilus in terminal (in ubuntu, don't know for other distributions)

-copy it from another USB drive or disk, make shure all files are there, copy it few times and merge files

-unmount card

-put it in omnia and start it first time it will take a while like 15 min. for me

....it should work :D ;) :D

Edited by joža

is this the one with touchscreen support or not?

I complied it, tested it, but you need to format the SD card to ext2, you still have to copy the andromnia_rootfs directory your SD card, etc :D

Guest joža
I complied it, tested it, but you need to format the SD card to ext2, you still have to copy the andromnia_rootfs directory your SD card, etc :D

how come it's smaller then the one from site? ;)

will try it and post results

EDIT: tryed it but it doesn't come pass "Jumping to kernel...." in haret.

tryed original again and works if i use this image it doesnt...weird :/

Edited by joža

Guest FeLLa_

guys the new kernel is very diffrent to the old... you cannot start it simply!

the old kernel is based on hpipaq214 and the new has omnia specific drivers and new mtype.

we can understand that this waiting is hard for you but android is so buggy at the moment...

since last kernel we worked on better touch support and few other things...

give us some days and you will have much more fun with android :D

Guest joža
guys the new kernel is very diffrent to the old... you cannot start it simply!

the old kernel is based on hpipaq214 and the new has omnia specific drivers and new mtype.

we can understand that this waiting is hard for you but android is so buggy at the moment...

since last kernel we worked on better touch support and few other things...

give us some days and you will have much more fun with android :D

ok waiting for you guys. too bad i don't have paypal account i'm ready to donate like 2 zeros long number to get it working. ok we'll wait for you guys

have a good night and a lot of sucsess of potring android