THIS is the new Sony Ericsson Xperia X2

Guest PaulOBrien

As the title suggests... THIS is the new Sony Ericsson Xperia X2... which will be announced soon, as before in Silver and Black!

Featuring a class-leading-for-WinMo 8 Megapixel Camera, the X2 retains similarities to the original X1 (including a new and improved Panels interface) yet it is not OEM'd for Sony Ericsson by HTC this time. Leaked specs suggest an OLED screen, another WinMo first (if it launches before a certain OLED equipped device from another manufacturer I expect to see soon!)

Features known so far include...

• Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional + upgraded Panels UI
  • Faster processor vs X1
  • 512MB ROM / 256MB RAM
  • 3.5" 800 x480 WVGA screen (OLED!)
  • 8.1 Megapixel camera with Autofocus and VGA video recording @ 30fps (MP4 HQ)
  • Optical joystick
  • GPS
  • 3.5 mm headphone jack
  • Accelerometer

I'm definitely looking forward to this one... :D

P

[Via: jjlifeblog via BoyGeniusReport]

X2one.jpgx2two.jpg

Guest Shuflie

If its winmo 6.5 then that is not the final look of the device. MS have stated that all 6.5 phones must have a windows key and a back key in addition to the call answer/end buttons. All I can see on the front are what is presumably a panels key and an OK key (although OK and back seem to be the same thing mostly). The final device is likely to sprout an extra button, at least, since I can't see SE wanting to do away with their panels key.

Guest penguin

looks very promising & i'll be keeping my eye on it as i love my X1

as long as they iron out the niggles with it (the cracking cases for 1!) it should be a very solid device. Also heard a rumour of PS3 remote play being in there somewhere, but we'll have to wait & see i guess :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.