GPS not getting sats

Guest softwarr8

Guest softwarr8

Hey thanks for the 6.5 but i can not get Garmen XT to get any sats. Ive been sittin with it for 20mins now and no sats.... Any ideas?

Guest necosino

Go to settings - Personal - Phone - Services - GPS - Location ON

Soft Reset

Set program GPS settings to COM8 Baud 57600

Go outside and wait 10-15 minutes.

Guest joeybec007
Setting up the external GPS will not help. It is a placebo.

I've tried the setting at com 8 and set baud to 57600 but today I waited outside for half an hour and I kept getting 'weak GPS signal' notifications after 2-6 minutes of trying (asking for retry or cancel) and I was unable to get a lock, I have yet to get the GPS working... what to do?????? PS im using google maps. I've tried having Windows set GPS settings as well and that didn't work either

Guest blazingwolf
I've tried the setting at com 8 and set baud to 57600 but today I waited outside for half an hour and I kept getting 'weak GPS signal' notifications after 2-6 minutes of trying (asking for retry or cancel) and I was unable to get a lock, I have yet to get the GPS working... what to do?????? PS im using google maps. I've tried having Windows set GPS settings as well and that didn't work either

What kind of area do you live in? Have a clear view of the sky? Try another location? The first lock is usually the hardest.

Guest necosino
What kind of area do you live in? Have a clear view of the sky? Try another location? The first lock is usually the hardest.

True, but it usually only takes 10 mins, tops...

Guest necosino

Odd.. I guess I must be in a good area or something.. I'm also 30 miles from one of the largest military installations in the US though, so that may be part of it as well :D

Guest krash_control
Setting up the external GPS will not help. It is a placebo.

Why do you say that? All I can say is that I had been trying for days to get TomTom to use the internal GPS. I had it working at one point a few hard resets ago but never after that. With this new ROM, I couldn't get it going at all as it wouldn't even detect the GPS device. After changing to Com 2 on the program tab and COm 9 4800 baud on the hardware tab, I could at least see the GPS device in TomTom. Now I can even get a lock indoors with Garmin and Copilot. In fact my first Garmin lock was indoors once I had changed the settings (before that it wouldn't detect the GPS device).

I'm not arguing, just stating what worked for me. Anyway, I'll see if it works again the next time I upgrade my ROM.

Guest blazingwolf
Why do you say that? All I can say is that I had been trying for days to get TomTom to use the internal GPS. I had it working at one point a few hard resets ago but never after that. With this new ROM, I couldn't get it going at all as it wouldn't even detect the GPS device. After changing to Com 2 on the program tab and COm 9 4800 baud on the hardware tab, I could at least see the GPS device in TomTom. Now I can even get a lock indoors with Garmin and Copilot. In fact my first Garmin lock was indoors once I had changed the settings (before that it wouldn't detect the GPS device).

I'm not arguing, just stating what worked for me. Anyway, I'll see if it works again the next time I upgrade my ROM.

I say that because that setting works for setting up outside GPS devices like pucks with software. Since our device has internal GPS it doesn't do anything.

If you think it works though go right ahead and keep using it.

Guest joeybec007

I live in San Jose, and I did have a clear view of the entire sky as I was on top of a friggin building, whhhhaaat the heck!?>???#@$(*(@

Guest joeybec007
I live in San Jose, and I did have a clear view of the entire sky as I was on top of a friggin building, whhhhaaat the heck!?>???#@$(*(@

also I wasn't exaggerating, I was trying to get a lock for 35 minutes and it never got a lock.

Guest blazingwolf
also I wasn't exaggerating, I was trying to get a lock for 35 minutes and it never got a lock.

Throw your phone off the top of the building. That should get it to work. :D (I'm kidding)

Try Live Search. I had issues with Google Maps at first but when I tried Live Search it worked fine. You can set Live Search up to use the com port or Intermediate driver.

Guest joeybec007
Throw your phone off the top of the building. That should get it to work. :D (I'm kidding)

Try Live Search. I had issues with Google Maps at first but when I tried Live Search it worked fine. You can set Live Search up to use the com port or Intermediate driver.

Thanks I'll give it a shot!

Guest joeybec007

Do you have a link for this live search application? All i'm finding is Bing and they don't seem to have a mobile app

Guest MajPayne

I have downloaded a trial of GPSgate and I'm getting locks in about 2 to 3 minutes with iGuidance, Google Maps, Microsoft Live Maps. I am using Blazing's 6.5 ROM. Unfortunately, iGuidence does not see the GPS without GPSgate

Edited by MajPayne