Touch Pro 2 on Orange - News

Guest Malt_Vinegar

Guest Malt_Vinegar

Hello guys!

I just though I would add my latest information from Orange about the Touch Pro 2. I have been out of contract for a few months now, and awaiting this phone to arrive on Orange.

My latest call to them was a few minutes ago (10:40 on 18/06/09)

The phone is currently "In Testing" and has been for the last 3days I think now. My understanding is that generally this takes 3-5 days and comprises of test of phone functionality on the Orange network, software testing, and presumably adding Orange customisations.

The only release date that I can get from them at the moment (which is apparently a revised date) is of a Mid/Late June release. This ties in with the phones in testing status. I would hope that by the end of June I may well be able to have the device in my hands to replace my TyTn II :D

Edited by Malt_Vinegar

Guest mwright

Hmmm

So far in talking to CS I have had :-

1) In testing.

2) Failed testing - don't expect it before August.

3) On business "any day now" - consumer in about 2 months.

4) Not going to get it.

5) You must mean the Diamond 2 - there is not such thing as a Pro 2.

Make your own mind up time!!

Guest greenturtle

It's in 'limited stock' so they're only selling it to a small bunch of people which is a form of testing in itself. However, several Orange CS members I spoke to informed me that if you go to an Orange Shop where they stock device, they can actually give you a business handset on a personal account.

Guest noddycat

As I'm massively out of contract at Orange and want a TP2, I was looking to move to Vodafone Business (they seem to have pretty good deals and I run my own business anyway), though I wonder if it might be possible to squeeze a TP2 out of Orange customer retentions if push comes to shove? Even if they do have them, it'd have to be a free phone and a really good contract - £20/£25 a month - to match the Vodafone offer, which has three months free and push e-mail included. Can't really see that happening, though I'll probably give it a try and happily move to Vodafone if the deal isn't right. Anyone else had any experience trying to get a TP2 out of Orange retentions?

Guest olly_k
5) You must mean the Diamond 2 - there is not such thing as a Pro 2.

Make your own mind up time!!

Is it possible the Diamond II could come to Orange?

Guest greenturtle
As I'm massively out of contract at Orange and want a TP2, I was looking to move to Vodafone Business (they seem to have pretty good deals and I run my own business anyway), though I wonder if it might be possible to squeeze a TP2 out of Orange customer retentions if push comes to shove? Even if they do have them, it'd have to be a free phone and a really good contract - £20/£25 a month - to match the Vodafone offer, which has three months free and push e-mail included. Can't really see that happening, though I'll probably give it a try and happily move to Vodafone if the deal isn't right. Anyone else had any experience trying to get a TP2 out of Orange retentions?

No, but I'm very much considering this approach.