• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Malt_Vinegar

Malt_Vinegar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Hello guys!

I just though I would add my latest information from Orange about the Touch Pro 2. I have been out of contract for a few months now, and awaiting this phone to arrive on Orange.

My latest call to them was a few minutes ago (10:40 on 18/06/09)

The phone is currently "In Testing" and has been for the last 3days I think now. My understanding is that generally this takes 3-5 days and comprises of test of phone functionality on the Orange network, software testing, and presumably adding Orange customisations.

The only release date that I can get from them at the moment (which is apparently a revised date) is of a Mid/Late June release. This ties in with the phones in testing status. I would hope that by the end of June I may well be able to have the device in my hands to replace my TyTn II :D

Edited by Malt_Vinegar, 18 June 2009 - 09:49 AM.

mwright

mwright

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2
  • Twitter:@mwright_tw
Hmmm

So far in talking to CS I have had :-

1) In testing.
2) Failed testing - don't expect it before August.
3) On business "any day now" - consumer in about 2 months.
4) Not going to get it.
5) You must mean the Diamond 2 - there is not such thing as a Pro 2.

Make your own mind up time!!

Posted Image
Support community cinema.
Visit the Electric Palace

noddycat

noddycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN
Interestingly, Orange Business lists the Touch Pro 2 on their business pages at

http://www.business....gename=Business

However, it doesn't seem to be available from the Orange Business online shop yet, so who knows what's going on. At least it shows there's some movement...

greenturtle

greenturtle

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Windows Mobile Devices. I love my music and wont go anywhere with out a pair of wireless headphones.
  • Devices:8gb Kaiser
It's in 'limited stock' so they're only selling it to a small bunch of people which is a form of testing in itself. However, several Orange CS members I spoke to informed me that if you go to an Orange Shop where they stock device, they can actually give you a business handset on a personal account.

noddycat

noddycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN
As I'm massively out of contract at Orange and want a TP2, I was looking to move to Vodafone Business (they seem to have pretty good deals and I run my own business anyway), though I wonder if it might be possible to squeeze a TP2 out of Orange customer retentions if push comes to shove? Even if they do have them, it'd have to be a free phone and a really good contract - £20/£25 a month - to match the Vodafone offer, which has three months free and push e-mail included. Can't really see that happening, though I'll probably give it a try and happily move to Vodafone if the deal isn't right. Anyone else had any experience trying to get a TP2 out of Orange retentions?

olly_k

olly_k

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

5) You must mean the Diamond 2 - there is not such thing as a Pro 2.

Make your own mind up time!!

Is it possible the Diamond II could come to Orange?

Olly_k

greenturtle

greenturtle

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:Windows Mobile Devices. I love my music and wont go anywhere with out a pair of wireless headphones.
  • Devices:8gb Kaiser

As I'm massively out of contract at Orange and want a TP2, I was looking to move to Vodafone Business (they seem to have pretty good deals and I run my own business anyway), though I wonder if it might be possible to squeeze a TP2 out of Orange customer retentions if push comes to shove? Even if they do have them, it'd have to be a free phone and a really good contract - £20/£25 a month - to match the Vodafone offer, which has three months free and push e-mail included. Can't really see that happening, though I'll probably give it a try and happily move to Vodafone if the deal isn't right. Anyone else had any experience trying to get a TP2 out of Orange retentions?

No, but I'm very much considering this approach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users