Freeware game: Tile Fall

Guest AdamDawes

Guest AdamDawes

Hello,

I thought you might like to know about a new freeware game I released for Windows Mobile a couple of weeks ago.

Tile Fall is a fun, simple, and addictive game, in which you attempt to remove a number of coloured tiles from a grid.

Tiles can be removed providing that they are touching another tile the same colour on at least one edge. Removing small groups of tiles (2 or 3 together) provide very small scores, but by removing other tiles, it is possible to get very large groups of tiles of a single colour. Removing these large groups results in drastically higher scores.

As tiles are removed, the surrounding tiles fall down to fill the spaces left. The game continues until no groups of 2 or more tiles are available.

The game supports all versions of the operating system from Windows Mobile 2003SE onwards. It auto-scales to your screen resolution, supporting everything from QVGA to WVGA. On newer HTC and Samsung devices, the built-in accelerometer is used to automatically rotate the display when you rotate your device.

Tile Fall is of course very similar to a number of other games available for Windows Mobile, including Bubble Breaker, which is included as part of the operating system with later versions of Windows Mobile. I wrote it however for two reasons:

1. ...to learn how to write games for the Windows Mobile platform.

2. ...as personally I think it is a more attractive, structured and enjoyable game than Bubble Breaker.

Hopefully you will enjoy it too!

Windows Mobile Tile Fall is available to download now from my web site:

http://www.adamdawes.com

winmob_games_tilefall_thumb2.pngwinmob_games_tilefall_thumb3.png

Have fun!

Adam

www.adamdawes.com

www.icangames.com