TG01: First impressions after two weeks "playing" with it
My first impressions (from the point of view of a O2 XDA Flame user)
1) Battery drain: You have read around claims against Toshiba TG01's small battery and people saying that battery runs out very quickly, isn't it? Well, forget it if you have a Flame. For a standard user (and a lot of new users are not PDA experts, most of them comes from the phone's world... ) charging every night the battery is a sin, but that's normal for PDA users. Toshiba (not they exactly, Qualcomm did it) has made a good design and it seems incredible that with such a big screen, battery drain is not bad, and, of course, better than Flame with any of the present roms. And this small battery can be charged very fast: You can use it as a perfect GPS car, and with backlight at 100% , you are able to charge the TG01' battery from 30% to 85% in a short traject of half an hour driving! (tested)
2) Agility: It's really FAST!, faster than Flame, but not only on benchmark, also in the real life: I've recovered the taste of the adjective "immediately" from my old and loved XdaIIs (Blue Angel) and (snif) missed with flame: As an example: apps opens immediately as if they where already charged in memory!
3) Size: Yes, with only 9,5 mm, it's very comfortable on the pocket , sometimes, I even doubt if I have it or not. As on my present Flame, I've bought a silicone case to improve grape on hand and avoid slipping from the pocket when driving (for instance)
4)Screen: Amazing. Very clear on sun, but I don't now which technology Toshiba uses
5) Video capability: Superb, the best never tested. You can watch any downloaded film directly with high performance (Benchmarcs over 140-160-230...)
1) Stylus: I use write recognizing to introduce text. And some stupid have simulated the Iphone aspect missing the stylus hole!! But this is a WM device with an amazing resistive screen and yes, WE CAN write and DRAW on it (Apple people DON't because capacitive screens can do it)
2) No Hardware buttons: Yes , I miss the D-pad but, specially, the Recorder button. I'm trying to map the two only buttons: (Volume UP and DOWN)
3) Not Radio (but it seems that Spotify it's coming from PC to mobile word!!)
4) No TV out ! Bad....
5) SD card inside. You need to remove battery to change it
Picture: My new TG01 over my (snif) old Flame.....that's the life...