Hi.Im not the sharpest tool in the box, but i have the same issue as the original poster. 500 meg "unlimited" is pooh from orange. Now im tied in as ive been with them since july.!!!!!anyway, is this legal? can i unlock my phone and stick in a sim from my iphone with unlimited internet? Will my phone definatley take it with no issues. And will i then have unlimited internet with o2?is there anyway anyone can find out if i switch from phone to phone?
There are a few issues related to your question!
1) Yes, SIM unlocking will allow you to use any operator's SIM card in your TG01
2) You will of course still be tied to your Orange contract so you may as well use up as much of your allowance as possible
3) It is technically possible to use your O2 iPhone SIM in your TG01, but
4) O2 expressly state that the iPhone SIMs have to be used in an iPhone. A few people have received text messages from O2 warning them to stop using these SIMs in non- iPhones but I don't know about the legality of that. For instance, what would be the case if someone's iPhone broke, leaving them with the remainder of a contract- would O2 be able to force them to only buy another iPhone?
5) The operators do have the ability to determine which phones are being used with a SIM card- the network connection includes not just the SIM iD, but the phones electronic ID as well. O2 know the IDs of all iPhones so if you use a different phone with an iPhone contract, they can detect it.
How much data do you actually expect to use? I've never used more than 200MB a month even with heavy internet use, though I don't use any video or media streaming.