Compact IV Extended battery - where?

Guest Jasonkruys

Guest Jasonkruys

A month or so ago, I ordered a BP E271 official extended battery and cover for the Compact IV from expansys. Today I see it has been discontinued! I have looked around, and cannot see it anywhere! Does anyone know where I might be able to find an official battery? My phone is bloody useless with the standard one!

Guest andybarker

Be wary of stuff on eBay saying it is for the Compact IV - often they are only for the original shaped Diamond (i've been burned a couple of times with this).

Otherwise, can't help. Mine lasts several days, but I don't use it a great deal most of the time. I did get an external battery - acts as a charger for the phone - but it also was shaped for the Diamond. Ended up removing it from the plastic case and encasing it in cardboard (probably won't try to take it on a plane!).

Guest mobilejan

I ordered one from batteryupgrade.co.uk (free worldwide shipping), 1800 MpH , which lasts me about 12 hours of the day.

it does however cause the problem people mentioned early on when these came out; that it impedes reception on the GPS sensor.

Guest andybarker
All our HTC Diamond/MDA Compact IV is useless with the standard battery!

Usually lasts me 2 or 3 days with my normal usage. A few calls each day, constant ActiveSync for emails, etc.

Sitting on a train drags it down really fast (guess sitting in a big metal box, with shielded windows doesn't help).

Guest Tigerman 1980
I ordered one from batteryupgrade.co.uk (free worldwide shipping), 1800 MpH , which lasts me about 12 hours of the day.

it does however cause the problem people mentioned early on when these came out; that it impedes reception on the GPS sensor.

Hi MobileJan

I found this problem out too once I installed an extended battery.

Did you find anyway around this problem ? Or did you have to take out the extended battery ?

Guest andybarker

I'm curious - when would you generally use the GPS when it wasn't plugged in the car? I have used it on occasion when lost in a city walking around, but very rarely.

Guest Jasonkruys

So is there really nowhere I can buy an official extended battery? That is really poor, this phone is barely more than a year old!

Guest andybarker

This is the first phone I've known have an official extended battery. 3rd party ones are common for some PDA Phones, but rare to get one from the manufacturer?