Verizon i910 UPDATE IS HERE!!!

Guest somedude

Guest actvesna

I flashed my I910 successfuly with the new official ROM. Got a GPS lock within seconds even inside my home. Both Google Maps and Bing are working very accurate.

Guest jlc0005

I successfully flashed my Omnia i910 last night. I'm able to use the GPS and get instant locks. I hadn't flashed it to any of the cooked / leaked ROMs. I was hoping that the official ROM would have come out a month or two (or five) ago, but at least it's out now. The update process was pretty smooth. Most of the time I spent getting it configured back the way I like it.

Guest verlok

I have the exact same problem as engranged ninja (see several posts above this one) - I simply cannot update using the official update. It restarts my phone and then it just boots into 6.5 (I have bgill's rom) and does not install the new rom update. I have no idea what to do.

Guest Omega Ra
I have the exact same problem as engranged ninja (see several posts above this one) - I simply cannot update using the official update. It restarts my phone and then it just boots into 6.5 (I have bgill's rom) and does not install the new rom update. I have no idea what to do.

did you make sure that the allow USB connections is UNchecked in Active sync/ WMDC?

Guest dwallersv
lol.. mine wont even update...

Quick update of what i have done:

1.) flashed awhile ago with the leaked ROM

2.) Updated with Adrynalyne 6.5 ver 4.0

3.) Verizon's update finally came along

4.) Hard reset the main device

5.) started update

6.) verizon's update restarted my omnia during update

7.) During the reboot active sync settings came up and stayed up...

8.) Uhhh.. omnia rebooted... (i mean... thats it... it rebooted... didnt goto the flash screen i saw before when doing the leaked ROM)

9.) Umm.... gave it some time... even though im SURE thats NOT what its supposed to do... (getting off track) I closed the verizon update, it gave me the brick warning...

10.) Tried again with the update

11.) Restarted again...

12.) Still boots up to windows 6.5 and the verizon update never kicks in

Any suggestions? in the meantime going to flash my other omnia that hasnt been touched with the taint.

EDIT: Untouched omnia updates just fine... tried leaked-ROM flashed omnia (this time making sure i paired the device with a profile... which i have to admit i didnt do before) Still no go... I know what its trying to do when bring up the settings, disable the USB connection... the official update didnt disable the USB because i didnt have a paired profile (just plain ol' sync so i can use file explorer). But even after synced with a profile it still fails (but atleast its disabling the USB)

Your problem is simple... disable USB connection from Windows Mobile Device Center. Read the instructions again -- it clearly says to disable this before resetting the phone with the updater running.

Guest Rooster Misfit

ok

so i just updated and i like some of the new things.. BUT does anyone else have the problem with all of the xt9 keyboards being the same board? for me i like to use the xt9 keypad (the one that looks like a numberpad on a phone) well every xt9 type input i get comes out as the xt9 keyboard (has the qwerty layout)

this is a LARGE problem for me since i do alot of texting and the keypad is my natural way of typing on a phone.

Guest Adrynalyne
ok

so i just updated and i like some of the new things.. BUT does anyone else have the problem with all of the xt9 keyboards being the same board? for me i like to use the xt9 keypad (the one that looks like a numberpad on a phone) well every xt9 type input i get comes out as the xt9 keyboard (has the qwerty layout)

this is a LARGE problem for me since i do alot of texting and the keypad is my natural way of typing on a phone.

The keyboards will do that if you are in a place that does not support anything but the regular keyboard. For instance, if you bring up the input panel on the today screen, you cannot switch to the other keyboards.

Guest djdavid60

Hey guys.... This is great news!!!

I've never flashed to any of the leaked ROMS. I was waiting patiently for the official release. Anyway, I'm new to this flashing stuff. What would you recommend to use to backup my contacts prior to performing the upgrade?

Thanks...

Guest Rooster Misfit
The keyboards will do that if you are in a place that does not support anything but the regular keyboard. For instance, if you bring up the input panel on the today screen, you cannot switch to the other keyboards.

it did on the shipping release.... sucks that they changed it.. do you have a problem with the add word function when your typing? since i updated i need to add all new words and stuff again and when it doesnt recognize a word and i go hit add word it doesnt work it flashes a smaller box then goes back to normal texting.... i have to use the directory input to actually add words

and on top of that every time i try and type "i" it comes out as "g"... t9 is supposed to use most common things first... makes me want to punch samsung for their stupid

does this also happen on the base rom you made?

Edited by Rooster Misfit

Guest verlok
did you make sure that the allow USB connections is UNchecked in Active sync/ WMDC?

Actually, the samsung page (I have windows XP) says to leave USB connection CHECKED. I tried to uncheck the USB connection, but them the samsung utility does not detect my device

Guest jlc0005

It's all about "when" to disable the USB connections. If you try to disable it before starting, of course, it won't see your Omnia.

Actually the upgrade utility disables the USB connections on XP/ActiveSync so you don't have to. But on Vista/WMDC, you have to do it yourself, as per the instructions.

Edited by jlc0005

Guest dwallersv
Actually, the samsung page (I have windows XP) says to leave USB connection CHECKED. I tried to uncheck the USB connection, but them the samsung utility does not detect my device

Not in any instructions I've ever, ever seen, whether for the leaked ROM (which was totally different in terms of the process to update), or the recent official Verizon update.

Could you give a link to the instructions you're talking about that say to keep USB checked?

From a technical standpoint, leaving it checked will cause a driver conflict between ActiveSync drivers and the Samsung loader driver. ActiveSync wins.

Guest Itlooksfast

I flashed the new released CF03 ROM successfully. I have used it to call and get text. I even test out the aGPS and it works..the only problem is that its not consistent. I got Googl Maps to locate and actually get 5 lock satellites the first time. Every time after that it takes around 30seconds. Then this morning while driving to work on the interstate...I tested out it again. Opened up Google Maps and try to get a lock...it took about 5 minutes to get a lock. I know aGPS uses your cell phone service to aid the GPS to get a more accurate lock..but I had full service and under open sky (well inside my car under the clear sky) When i got to work, I tried it again while sitting my parking lot. Again, took a long time for it to lock up..it would locate me within 900 feet in like seconds but it wouldnt get a lock for like minutes. So what seem to be the problem?

Guest fubar dan
I flashed the new released CF03 ROM successfully. I have used it to call and get text. I even test out the aGPS and it works..the only problem is that its not consistent. I got Googl Maps to locate and actually get 5 lock satellites the first time. Every time after that it takes around 30seconds. Then this morning while driving to work on the interstate...I tested out it again. Opened up Google Maps and try to get a lock...it took about 5 minutes to get a lock. I know aGPS uses your cell phone service to aid the GPS to get a more accurate lock..but I had full service and under open sky (well inside my car under the clear sky) When i got to work, I tried it again while sitting my parking lot. Again, took a long time for it to lock up..it would locate me within 900 feet in like seconds but it wouldnt get a lock for like minutes. So what seem to be the problem?

CF03 ROM requires 32 bit OS. LAME-O.

I did the http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html 's rev10.cc20, which, for me, didn't unlock the GPS for some reason; I wasn't able to pick up satellites on a nice clear sky. so after i did that i did the CF03 and it looks like the same fraggin thing. maybe i missed something. maybe i'm a dolt. oh well, off to winmo 6.5 anyways...

Guest dna550

I put my SCH-i910 on the dash by the windshield and had the satellites locked in 20 seconds. I actually did this today.

Watch out for sharp turns though! Hmmm time for some velcro!

I have used PC-based Navigation systems for years with an external GPS receiver and the receiver works best -- if at all -- attached to the glass of the automobile.

The same holds true for locking in satellites while sitting in airplanes [Oops you aren't supposed to do that - but it sure is fun having your own progress report on your own device!] Another reason for getting a Window Seat!

Edited by dna550

Guest scuba264

So whats has anyone seen with the update? I updated 2 or 3 days ago now and I'm very happy with the results.

I used Sprite Backup to backup all of my stuff. One thing that was weird was the Rom update didn't format "My Storage". I thought it was supposed to? Either way I still had all that stuff, and yes, it did really update.

aGPS worked immediately. I tried Google Maps and I was able to get a pretty damn close location with no satellites.

I've had moderate success with actual GPS, but I haven't really had a chance to try it out really well either. I can get a lock in anywhere from 20 seconds to a few minutes, but it seems to drop the signal. I had to drive about 45 minutes with my girlfriend to pick up my car right after I set it up, and I was in and out of gps signal as we drove. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to get a good lock first, but I was showing like 7 satellites using GpsViewer and GpsToggle.

I think they made some changes to optimize the system itself also. Is there any documentation on what was really updated in detail? My screen rotation doesnt' hang like it used to a lot of the time, scrolling in windows(like folders, straight windows mobile apps...) seems a lot smoother. Also my keyboard has been really great. I've used fingerkeyboard for a while now, and half the time it would work great, and half the time it would lag a bit. It has been very quick every time I've used it and I text and browse a lot. I really dont' think its an "in my head" kinda thing.

Anyone else?

Guest Devin C

I updated no problem. Did find out that SPB Pocket Plus is incompatible with the new ROM, but oh well...I just migrated to SPB MS 3 anyways. GPS works fine. Use it every day. Both Google Maps and Bing.

Funny thing is I kept my VZ Navigator service anyways, as its talking navigation is much better than any of the free services (like Amaze).

Also like some of the new touches, like the easy tools.

Devin