Tom-Tom on TG01?

Guest Malt_Vinegar

Guest leeston2379
Thank You, I agree, but on screen 3 I recommend mark option Start GPSGate after soft reset

I found GPS gate crashs on startup if i do that, but mine is version 2.5.

Guest xdalover
I found GPS gate crashs on startup if i do that, but mine is version 2.5.

Mine is 2.5 as well (2.5.0.210). Uninstall and install again, it should work. If not, you have to run GPSGATE every time you need after soft reset or after battery or SD card replacement and it can be a bit tedious....

Edited by xdalover

Guest leeston2379
Mine is 2.5 as well (2.5.0.210). Uninstall and install again, it should work. If not, you have to run GPSGATE every time you need after soft reset or after battery or SD card replacement and it can be a bit tedious....

I will try but i tend to run it in the morning then exit when i get home as i run tomtom pretty much all day.

Find it difficult to leave progs running, a habbit i developed from my Diamond with Energy ROM, it was so memory intensive it barely ran tomtom or igo on there own. Must get out of that habbit :D

Guest xdalover
I will try but i tend to run it in the morning then exit when i get home as i run tomtom pretty much all day.

Find it difficult to leave progs running, a habbit i developed from my Diamond with Energy ROM, it was so memory intensive it barely ran tomtom or igo on there own. Must get out of that habbit :D

No problem, this program doesn't appear on the "Running programs list". It use very few resources...

Guest leeston2379
No problem, this program doesn't appear on the "Running programs list". It use very few resources...

Now i'm just being an arse, but is there anyway to stop it popping up at the bottom of the screen? So its truly in the background?

• 3 weeks later...
Garfy,

I am on Orange and Tomtom 7.9 (i think) does work with GPSGate not ideal but does work.

MB

Hi,

I have TT7 legally purchased from TT agent and a TG01 from orange uk and cannot get passed the "Your device is not compatible" stage. Can any of you out there who have TT7 working on their orange TG01s please tell me where they got TT7 from and details of what version and how they got it working please? Is it a different version or cab for VGA+ devices?

thanks in advance

sgparry

Guest leeston2379
Hi,

I have TT7 legally purchased from TT agent and a TG01 from orange uk and cannot get passed the "Your device is not compatible" stage. Can any of you out there who have TT7 working on their orange TG01s please tell me where they got TT7 from and details of what version and how they got it working please? Is it a different version or cab for VGA+ devices?

thanks in advance

sgparry

Just search rapidshare for tomtom 7, it would be illegal but if you've got a legit copy i can't see what the problem would be.

I'm using version 7.910(9185) with map uk and republic of ireland v830.2307. Due to my uncertainty of the legality of all this you could pm me your email as modacos rules are pretty clear on this sort of stuff. though my tomtom is the update through tomtom home.

Guest Chris Rose
Thanks SinSilla, but got it working after installing MS NET CF. Maybe that was the problem.

Now let's see if the GPS is detected :)

And.... works great. And GPS Tuner also.

So... no problems here and me very happy with my Handy :D

I am installin the same version on my Orange branded TG01 - I have managed to get it working but it won't find the GPS without I install GPSGATE - I wonder if this is because the version I am installing is from my HTC Touch HD - and the GPS hardware on the Touch and the TG01 are different ?

Also - it is all working fine - EXCEPT FOR its not finding my POI files - can't seem to see them - I have over 3,500 POI files in about 20 POI categories - anyone else got this problem ?

For info the POI files are files I made that show me all the customer locations accross the UK. They worked fine in TT6 - can't get them to display or appear in TT7 ??

Cheers

Chris Rose

• 3 months later...
Guest Nomgle

Has anyone had any luck with Tom Tom Navigator 6 on the TG01 ?

I've just installed it on mine, but I just see garbage on the screen whenever it runs.

Guest The Real Mc Coy
Can someone tell the exact steps after installing igo and gpsgate fora correct configuration?

No need of GPSGate for iGo, I posted the solution in this forum ! -> http://www.modaco.com/content-page/291875/...n-tg01/page/40/

With my trick iGo detects the TG01 automatically and GPS is on port 0 / 57600 Bauds.

Concerning TT7 : I'm not using it anymore as, after getting used to, iGo is far better.

Concerning TT6 : why bother to try and install such an outdated version ??? Not sure it can handle WVGA screen...

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Guest Nomgle
Concerning TT6 : why bother to try and install such an outdated version ???

Er, because that's the version I own ?

TomTom 7 isn't a free upgrade !

Guest The Real Mc Coy

Well... Not sure if the new maps are compatible with such an old version... And a GPS without up to date maps is sometimes worse than no GPS at all. That's why I said that.

Guest GabbaGabbaHey

Given that GPSGate costs around US$20, has anybody had any success getting TomTom to run on the TG01 with any of the free equivalents, such as GPSProxy or Port Splitter?

If so, what settings did you use?

Edited by GabbaGabbaHey

Guest The Real Mc Coy

As I already said : it works with GPSPlex (a spanish freeware).

PortSplitter does not work neither does GPSModDriver. I don't know GPSProxy : do you have a link ?

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
As I already said : it works with GPSPlex (a spanish freeware).

Thanks. I have tried GPSPlex but have not got it working yet - do you know what settings you used?

I have tried to follow the instructions on the French page, though where he has "COM2 -> COM4" in the lower left of the screen to start with, I have "NULL -> COM6".

PortSplitter does not work neither does GPSModDriver. I don't know GPSProxy : do you have a link ?

Yes, GPSProxy is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsproxy/ though it looks to me as if it may only work with Garmins.

Guest The Real Mc Coy

GPSProxy does not see GPD9 com port. So IMHO there is no way to make it works on TG01.

As I said I don't use GPSPlex because I use iGo and not TT7. I have unfortunately no spare time for the moment to test.

Guest josearagon

Thanks. I have tried GPSPlex but have not got it working yet - do you know what settings you used?

I have tried to follow the instructions on the French page, though where he has "COM2 -> COM4" in the lower left of the screen to start with, I have "NULL -> COM6".

Yes, GPSProxy is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsproxy/ though it looks to me as if it may only work with Garmins.

Ok. I have TT7 in my TG01 working with GpsGate and work purfect. I used it to travel from Spain to London then London -Sofia Bulgaria.

GpsGate settings : Input GPD9; Output: Active output -GpsGate Direct and Virtual COM2; Advanced: Start GpsGate after soft reset (yes).

TT7 seting Other NMEA GPS - GPS baude rate 4800 - Franson COM2

TG01 download GPS data. Dont forget to turn ON all conection.

I forget activar GpsGate with pass (Coreokbm) or (CorePkam) :)