HELP!!! CAnnot get xp to recognise TP2

Guest G1LIW

Guest G1LIW

Attached image says it all. before I got this new toy, I was using Activesync 4.2 with my HP iPAQ hw6915 with no trouble at all. Worked like a dream.

Now, having loaded, unloaded, and reloaded 4.5, I STILL cannot get the damn thing to see my shiny new Touch Pro 2.

I tried the hardware manager, reloading the drivers, the whole nine blasted yards, and I'm now ready to launch the bloody planet into the sun, let alone all this high-tech crap on my desk, I'm that frustrated - HILFE!!!

post-194171-1248378810_thumb.jpg

Guest G1LIW

BINGO

Finally found the problem. Buried beneath the touchflow screens is the actual windows mobile operating interface. It's a right bugger to find, but I found it :) here's the process:

start -> settings (cog icon) -> ALL SETTINGS (bottom left of screen) -> Connections (tab, bottom right) -> USB to PC

You will now see a radio button "ActiveSynch (Synch with outlook) - leave that clicked.

There's a checkbox immediately beneath - "Enable faster data synchronisation" - UNCHECK THIS.

You will find the Touch Pro 2 will now communicate with XP ;)

Ye gods, it was a right bugger to ficure out - couldn't find anything online, only stumbled on this by chance!

hope this helps new TP2 owners like me, anyhow ;)

Guest Polariz_666

I've had this sort of issue before with several of the HTC devices - and to get around it I had to uncheck "Enable Enhanced network functionality" to get it to see my phones. Does anyone know what on earth it does when it does work?

Guest G1LIW

I have truly no idea. Presumably, it allows for faster dataflow, but given that this is connected via USB2, that's a stretch *shrug*

Anyone got a difinative answer to that one?

Guest Rob.P

To the best of my knowledge it switches the USB connection type from PPP to RNDIS protocol. The newer protocol was introduced in WM5 but can cause problems with VPN type connections and such like, hence the need to be able to switch back to the older PPP protocol.

Someone else might pop on and give a slightly more comprehensive answer, that was dregged up from memory.