Got my Omnia 2 today, very very good !
tested video capture, result so far, with processor speed at High:
- for me, best settings are Adjust/Set/Sharpness to +2 (max). this because this will expose the "real" encoded video, anything lower than this will start simple blurring the picture to get rid of encoding artefacts. To get rid of encoding artefacts it's better to do this afterwards on the PC with some much better postprocessing/deblocking.
- framerate is constant 30fps in light and dark rooms (where you can use the flash), top !
- be careful not to shoot when you have phone connected to PC with activesync, in my case framerate dropped to 22.
- compared to Omnia 1, the picture-quality of the video is less, as the compression codec is the same , mp4v ( sadly no H264), but bitrate is lower while having a much higher framerate! eg more compression . Used Video quality High.
But with some good postprocessing it approaches it.
If Samsung, (reading this ?) would be so kind to increase the bitrate, eg decrease compression factor, please ? Only for the high quality.
- sound on video has a whistling high pitched noise, which is clearly some bug in the audio encoding. Next ROM-update please :-)
That's it for now. Btw pleasant 1st surprises in this device:
-sd-card is hot swappable.
- you can connect external headphone but still use the internal Mic, phone will kindly ask if you want to use headset or headphone, or tv-out.