* * * * - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

vbox

vbox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Three days now, not a single failure. You've done it, Vbox!!!!

A note on the settings, InputGain and OutputGain... Setting default values in the registry as per Vbox's previous post will look like it didn't work if you check the SRS settings cpl after rebooting. These parameters will still read -6db and -2db respectively.

This threw me off for a long time until I stumbled by change on how the thing deals with these default settings.

As soon as you use bluetooth headphones the settings will revert to the stored defaults in the registry. So this does work, at least with bluetooth. Haven't tried it with wired headphones.

Thanks for your appreciation!

They only overwrite defaults, not important... So if you have only default values -6 -2 when device loads, you have these reg. in wrong folder - you have it in WOWHD, but they must be in WOWXT. That was exactly my explanation in #131.
That depends of the way driver initialises in the device - your exactly. But... read my post again if you want to fine tune that outputs, and experiment if you want.
If they dont work, the defaults -6 -2 will be loaded.

SRS will process all sound on the device, regardless of the output device.

Almost exactly, Radio app is not affected

daeman012

daeman012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900

hi, thanx a lot . it works gr8. one Q though, the version that gets installed is 1.2 wats the difference between 1.2 and 1.5?
thank you

I believe the included DLL version is 1.5.1 (61424 bytes), only the control panel is the older version 1.2.1.

Edited by daeman012, 28 July 2009 - 02:42 AM.

Mike178

Mike178

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:Iphone 3G, Samsung Omnia 16G

Haha, it's not mono :) But if you want to select the other profile "Internal (Stereo)" (who is with less bass than Headphones), go to HKLM\System\State\Hardware search for Headset and change it's value to 0 (zero).
You can switch 2 profiles while listening music to decide which of both have more good sound ;)

Hi, thanks for all the hard work,

i want to know if u change the headset value to 0, it will not disable the use of the headset?
i did it and now the headset icon is not showing anymore in S2U2..

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SGH i-900
I'm using khuanchai_omnia_M2D_21028_BTFixed ROM (6.1). I tried to install softreset uninstall softreset install softreset 2 times with same error message : no driver installed. But when I disable touchflo from Today and do it again the 3rd time I did it. Thanks for this awesome software!

ahhon83

ahhon83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 16Gb
I actually installed it in my storage card, does it work? I'm not sure, but it does shows in setting/srs wow hd and it is enabled.

Anyone can recommend bluetooth headset?

mementomori

mementomori

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:omnia, omnia b7610, htc desire

I actually installed it in my storage card, does it work? I'm not sure, but it does shows in setting/srs wow hd and it is enabled.

YES JABRA HALO...just amazing

btw any problem if r2vs is installed?

Edited by mementomori, 28 July 2009 - 09:08 PM.

mementomori

mementomori

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:omnia, omnia b7610, htc desire
i know its very personal but what do people experience as good settings? im now using headphones with the default settings..just curious

rith

rith

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:null

No matter where you choose to install the files were hardcoded to install to \winodws only :)

My Omnia i900:
PDA: i900DXID1/DXID1
PHONE: i900DXIA2

Henxu

Henxu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:i900 Omnia Franlov DXIA5
Hi Sector.
GJ, but, I've been with problems now.
Today , I was in the Subway (or Underground) around Madrid listening to the music, with S2P (I don't know why with WMP or AudioManager , the sounds freeze like a second every "x" seconds)Don't know if it's my device or my cable (cuz it is a bit broken). It was ok, no freeze music, and when 1st song have finished, It doesn't play more music so I have to turn on the device and turn it off again (I mean sleep mode, so the music keeps playing).
After the 2nd song, either:
1. The phone hungs up and doesn't wake up.
2. The phone can wake up but screen freezes.

Hope you can try it and see what happend, if you don't have this problem I will try hard-resetting or re-flash. (I don't like it... re-install all blablablablabal)
Thanks.

symbianist

symbianist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
What actually this program can do? i dont understand? Please try to explain? Just noob.

andylyf

andylyf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

What actually this program can do? i dont understand? Please try to explain? Just noob.

this program makes your ears wax drip out when listening to music....

Gary Crutcher

Gary Crutcher

Developer/Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II / Galaxy S III

Thats because with Khuanchai's roms u have to go to setings personal buttons and change the wake up buton to ANY.Its not a WOW problem :)

Uh...I had already done that before installing srs_wow.

Gary

Omnia I900 (Khuanchai custom ROM 21928/23016)
Omnia II (My Own JH2/23689 Lite Custom Rom)
Galaxy S III 16 GB (ZSEMI1 ROM, Siyah-s3-v1.9 kernel)

Note 3 (N900, Rooted, Unlocked, KitKat)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (Rooted, my own custom KitKat ROM)
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work, Donations Happily Accepted.
>>>Donation Link<<<

kdkinc

kdkinc

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Flashing
  • Devices:DROIDX
  • Twitter:@kdkinc
Works great so far on i910 using blazingwolf MS3 1.3....

Now I have to spend more money for better earbuds !!!

Edited by kdkinc, 29 July 2009 - 12:50 PM.

xedensleavesx

xedensleavesx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:samsung i900
so with this updated cab, in theory you dont need s2u2 anymore because of no freezing. is this statement correct ?

NeMisiz210

NeMisiz210

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
well its been about two days now and it has no problems on the i910....thank you

dwallersv

dwallersv

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Thanks for your appreciation!

They only overwrite defaults, not important... So if you have only default values -6 -2 when device loads, you have these reg. in wrong folder - you have it in WOWHD, but they must be in WOWXT. That was exactly my explanation in #131.
That depends of the way driver initialises in the device - your exactly. But... read my post again if you want to fine tune that outputs, and experiment if you want.
If they dont work, the defaults -6 -2 will be loaded.

Here'w what I've found:

The only key necessary is the WOWHD branch. The WOWXT branch can be deleted (WOWXT is a seperate, different but similar DSP from SRS Labs; the SRS DSP we're installing here is WOW HD). So, for the cabmakers (sector?) you can go back to the original cab and take this spec out of the registry changes in the installer. I'd recommend it, since the presence of the WOWXT branch has been confusing to people.

To get bootup initialization of the OutputGain and InputGain parameters for all audio output devices, the two name/value pairs that Vbox describes in post #131 need to be created in both WOWHD/BtA2dpSnd and in WOWHD/WaveDev. If you only put them in the BtA2dpSnd key, the driver will be initialized at the default values of -2dB, -6dB respectively, and will operate at those levels through the built-in speaker (sounding rather quiet). The initialization values put in the registry under BtA2dpSnd will only activate when you connect a Bluetooth stereo headset.

Putting the gain name/value parms in WOWHD/WaveDev also will cause the driver to be initialized to those values on bootup as well.

Recommendation to cabguys: Add these parameters to the two keys above for the installer cab, and set them to InputGain=dword:2 and OutputGain=dword:0. People will then get the volume boost with initial install that everyone's talking about, without having to set these values.

sector

sector

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Here'w what I've found:

The only key necessary is the WOWHD branch. The WOWXT branch can be deleted (WOWXT is a seperate, different but similar DSP from SRS Labs; the SRS DSP we're installing here is WOW HD). So, for the cabmakers (sector?) you can go back to the original cab and take this spec out of the registry changes in the installer. I'd recommend it, since the presence of the WOWXT branch has been confusing to people.

To get bootup initialization of the OutputGain and InputGain parameters for all audio output devices, the two name/value pairs that Vbox describes in post #131 need to be created in both WOWHD/BtA2dpSnd and in WOWHD/WaveDev. If you only put them in the BtA2dpSnd key, the driver will be initialized at the default values of -2dB, -6dB respectively, and will operate at those levels through the built-in speaker (sounding rather quiet). The initialization values put in the registry under BtA2dpSnd will only activate when you connect a Bluetooth stereo headset.

Putting the gain name/value parms in WOWHD/WaveDev also will cause the driver to be initialized to those values on bootup as well.

Recommendation to cabguys: Add these parameters to the two keys above for the installer cab, and set them to InputGain=dword:2 and OutputGain=dword:0. People will then get the volume boost with initial install that everyone's talking about, without having to set these values.

Thank you dwallersv. Can you please send me a PM the original cab?
I have to talk with VBox and test some things on this then :)

If you like my work buy me a beer :) !
Posted Image
WM 6.5/6.1 roms, Themes, Taskbar etc... :D

Oizopower

Oizopower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hey guys, Awsome work you have made here !
I totally love it, it is working very well for now !

vbox

vbox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Here'w what I've found:

On some i900 driver can selfinitialise as WOWXT, I've see that around in peoples posts. That means the driver (WOWXT and WOWHD are together here) is combined and for now i have no way to realise what makes it to SELFinitialise as WOWHD on some and as WOWXT on other, because i have only one Omnia and on my it initialises as WOWHD. Theese outputs are not impoprtant and if they dont exist, defaults will be loaded: -6 -2.
We have combined driver here - the driver is 1.5.1 and the control panel is 1.2.10, because in the newest 1.5.1 control panel the InputGain and OutputGain sliders don't exist. So - we have the best choise.

need to be created in both WOWHD/BtA2dpSnd and in WOWHD/WaveDev

So, they alredy are writen in the Sector's cabs in both these WOWHD/BtA2dpSnd and in WOWHD/WaveDev, but if the driver runs as WOWXT on some devices, theese outputs will not be read from where they must be and will not be applyed, only defaults will be loaded.

and set them to InputGain=dword:2 and OutputGain=dword:0

I don't realy agree with this. I know there is many and different people and they already boosted up their volumes and we don't want to be blamed for someone's blown speaker. So the given outputs are -4 -2 for the WaveDev.
So if someone have very loud sound and it is distorted somehow from the speaker, he can low volumes with Sound Tester program.
As Sector already say and I can say that, there will be no 100% satisfaction, but we have 100% confirmation in all up posts the driver works on all devices without causing big problems, and this is more important. And so far, so good, that satisfaction is far enough.

I think most interesting thing here is the profiles Headphones and Internal (Stereo). These are only available profiles in our phones. There are many more profiles in the driver, but it decides which can be used for the concrete device. But why Internal (Stereo)? - Because there is Internal (mono) profile too, but driver decides himself to use that profile for integrated speaker and "Headphones" profile for Headsets.
The driver have to change them automatically, but here is the confusion with naming in our device. Samsung have decided to name "Handsfree" instead of "Headset" in the registry, as it in almost all other WinMo devices. That's why the driver cannot change profile from Internal (means "Speaker") to Headphones when you plug in your handsfree.
They both are stereo. I've read around (on Russian site too) because "Headphones" profile is mono, but i will not try to persuade anybody... They get confused because the other profile (called "Stereo") and that "Headphones" must to be a "mono". But this is funny... I definitely can hear in Deep Purple's song guitar coming from right and Jon Lord's organ coming from left in both profiles. ;)
So, the driver has to change profiles himself - when you use your phone without handsfree "Internal" profile must be used and when you plug in your handsfree profile must be changed to "Headphones". But it cannot because of explained confusion.
The profiles are created to be used in different outputs. That's why "Internal" profile has less dynamics and bass (to not blow out your speaker) and the other "Headphones" is with more of them. That explains why after installation in some programs (i didn't know that) we have headphones plugged as icon when they are not plugged. I only wanted to to give you the best from the driver with more good (by my opinion) profile selected when your device loads.
But if someone get confused with that, he definitely can delete that "confusing" key "Headset" from HKLM\System\State\Hardware\ and will get no profile selected when device loads.
But why get people bored with all this technical stuff. Most important already is done and we have here sound driver, that works on all devices.
So far, so good :)

so with this updated cab, in theory you dont need s2u2 anymore because of no freezing. is this statement correct ?

Correct. You can get back your default power settings from Settings, System, Power without problems.

sector

sector

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
couldnt say it better. cheers vbox :)

If you like my work buy me a beer :) !
Posted Image
WM 6.5/6.1 roms, Themes, Taskbar etc... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic