6 replies to this topic

xero01uk

xero01uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond
Hey guys

some of you might remember me when i had my HTC TYTNii, that went a few months ago, but now im getting a HTC Touch Diamond, being delivered midweek time, and im looking for a windows Mobile 6.1 rom with radio.

The phone will be locked to Orange when it arrives, but thats not really a problem as i use Orange in anycase

Could someone help me out with a good stable 6.1 rom for the Touch Diamond?

many thanks

xero01uk

xero01uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
anyone?

andybarker

andybarker

Diehard

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Devices:S4, Transformer Infinity, N7
Check out XDA-developers for a variety of ROMs. DO read the instructions on updating very carefully so as not to turn your phone into a brick, and then choose a ROM based on what you want to get out of the upgrade process (speed, features, UI, etc).

xero01uk

xero01uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
ive checked there and been that, but there are so many, plus everytme ive asked ive been ignored so thats why i asked here lol

andybarker

andybarker

Diehard

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
The one I use is quite old, as all I wanted was an update to the horrible ROM T-Mobile had, so used the SwiftBL 7.5 - much like the stock HTC one, but with updated .NET, Google Maps, and a couple of other things I forget.

Otherwise it's a case of deciding what you want from it, and looking for those features in the list of ROMS. I haven't updated for a while as the newer ROMS don't give me anything I want. Is a matter of personal preference.

xero01uk

xero01uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
tbh i think im going to wait for an offical one, i did flash the rom from Oranges support website the other day and that seems fast and stable so i think im going to leave it on that for the moment

andybarker

andybarker

Diehard

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
If all you want is fast and stable, then that sounds like the best thing to do. I wanted similar (normally-fast, stable, and latest versions of apps such as Google Maps). You can get faster versions, but I find they tend to be so different from the normal ROM that I find them a pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users