Which Uk Networks

Guest Tommy Squeaker

Guest Tommy Squeaker

As per title, looking to upgrade shortly from Omnia, just wondering if and when the Omnia 2 is likely to be available on contract in the UK and on which networks?

Thanks

Guest jonboyuk

I've asked around - my guess would be Orange only (as with the Omnia i900). They all pleaded ignorance, i.e. "We've never heard of the Omnia 2". I think it's just a case of typical salesman stupidity. You can register on mobiles.co.uk so they inform you as soon as it becomes available in the UK. I have but haven't heard anything as yet...

Guest jonboyuk

Sorry you're right - my mistake. Orange had exclusive rights for a few months to the 16Gb version. That's what I was thinking of! I think they will get it first and pay for the initial rights!!

Guest ghost82

keep your eye on expansys.com they usually have phone's in stock on contract before anyone else, but I had bad dealings with them last year when trying to buy my omnia and then cancelling because they couldn't deliver it on time

Guest stu_2k1

Found this

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2009/08/13/s...nd-china-bound/

Samsung has now announced they are expanding the Samsung Omnia 2 i8000 smartphone to other markets around the globe and they the Samsung Omnia 2 i8000 will be available in 20 new markets as of later this month.

According to newswire the Samsung Omnia 2 i8000 expansion will include China, Australia, Netherlands, Turkey and the UAE and will be available in these countries and more in August.

and this

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2009/08/11/s...3-with-verizon/

Samsung Omnia 2 specs, coming August 23 with Verizon, well that is what The Boy Genius Report say. A revealed document by Samsung Omnia said other phones will be launching on Verizon also.

So UK prob looking Sept/Oct

Guest Tommy Squeaker
I was informed by my manager friend from Carphonewarehouse that it will be available end of the month/beginning of sept! :angry:

On TMobile by any chance or is it the Touch Pro 2 for me? :D ;)

Guest FutureDirt

This handset had better come to Vodafone UK or else they will fall into the category of 'worst selection of handsets ever for anyone who has a clue'.

Guest sanyboi

Not sure which providers are actually releasing the handset, but can confirm the sim free version works with T-Mobile and Orange, can perhaps test a vodafone sim if anyone wants to know..

Guest La Traviata
can perhaps test a vodafone sim if anyone wants to know..

Yes please, that would be very helpful. But would a SIM free phone not work with any SP?