Omnia II has a new Rom update

Guest nectons

Hi dear friends.

I am one of the guys that i lost my storage. I tried to reflash with the G4 rom but it stucks every time at 4th step. Anyway the program have a setting that skips this step and now i am with G4/G6/G4 ... This is why i dont have my storage. Is there any other idea so i dont have to send back to singapour? Any help apreciate thanks :D

Guest crzcar
Hi dear friends.

I am one of the guys that i lost my storage. I tried to reflash with the G4 rom but it stucks every time at 4th step. Anyway the program have a setting that skips this step and now i am with G4/G6/G4 ... This is why i dont have my storage. Is there any other idea so i dont have to send back to singapour? Any help apreciate thanks :D

Are you running on XP? I never tried Vista maybe someone can advise, but I have tried Windows 7 RC the flashing does not work. Symptom is like what you have mention.

• 3 months later...
Hi dear friends.

Set as "usb mass storage". Then connect your PC. Then format your "my storage" from PC.

• 3 months later...
Guest surethom

I have Omnia 2 with 6.5 in UK & STILL NO official ROM AVAILABLE, I hate Sammy, cant wait to get rid of this phone, this was there flagship phone & all samsung has done is forgotten about it & just releases more phones.

I will not be getting a Samsung phone for at least 3 years, I just dont trust them.

• 1 month later...
Guest D Beast
hi all

I am a hard core samsung omnia fan

I have 2 samsung omnia 2.

the first was bought on the very first day it was launched

the second i bought yesterday and to my surprise the new 1 has a new rom too

the new device has version I8000XXIG6

the earlier has I8000XXIG1

the major difference i noticed is that the default theme in the new version is black i guess to take full advantage of amoled

plz paul, sector and all the gurus please give us this new rom so that the doors for new custom roms will be opened.

here are the snap shots

Hi nittin.... I had the same firmware as u do ie PDA I8000XXIG6 CSC I8000FAMIG6 Phone I8000DXIG6 but had upgraded it to the winmo6.5... Lost some very important things such as camera quality and some minor issues... Can u upload the firmware for me.... Please....

Guest Elwee1

hi,

i owned the omnia2 from singapore, where can i find the official 6.5.3 ROM updates? i tried to check via the Samsung KIES software, it was nothting there..

anyone can help?

rgds,

Guest skivs
hi,

i owned the omnia2 from singapore, where can i find the official 6.5.3 ROM updates? i tried to check via the Samsung KIES software, it was nothting there..

anyone can help?

rgds,

hi elwee1,

On the moment the phone version is still running under Win Mobile 6.5 and not 6.5.3

Guest skivs
Set as "usb mass storage". Then connect your PC. Then format your "my storage" from PC.

Hi Atmaca,

you can try back up some files inside then do a hard-reset if not you can do *2767*3855# so that the phone will go back to the default factory setttings

Guest Elwee1
hi elwee1,

On the moment the phone version is still running under Win Mobile 6.5 and not 6.5.3

thanks skivs,

this means there is no official updates available yet, i wonder why is it taking them so long to release it..

rgds,

Guest Terry666

What's the big deal about a ROM from July 2009 (as the IG indicates) when we currently use JE2 (I use JD6)...

And it's 6.1 - 6.5 - 6.5.x ???

Guest Elwee1
What's the big deal about a ROM from July 2009 (as the IG indicates) when we currently use JE2 (I use JD6)...

And it's 6.1 - 6.5 - 6.5.x ???

if you have read the earlier post, the new rom has just be launch recently but not 07/2009. i am waiting and hoping the enw rom to solve some of my current issue in ij9. otherwise i will have to try the custom rom.

rgds,

Guest Terry666
if you have read the earlier post, the new rom has just be launch recently but not 07/2009. i am waiting and hoping the enw rom to solve some of my current issue in ij9. otherwise i will have to try the custom rom.

rgds,

I'm NOT stupid my friend... I'd read the whole thread from post one... And because Samsung released this ROM now DOESN'T mean is NEW!!! Revised MAYBE but not new...

BTW do you know what Version WM? It's 6.5 as mentioned?

Edited by Terry666

Guest Elwee1
I'm NOT stupid my friend... I'd read the whole thread from post one... And because Samsung released this ROM now DOESN'T mean is NEW!!! Revised MAYBE but not new...

BTW do you know what Version WM? It's 6.5 as mentioned?

i don't care and not interested to know who is stupid and who is not. we are refering to the new 'version' (6.5.x), which hope to solve some of the problems and added some additional features. but not the new 'ROM' which you might be referring to as win7.

i saw some others make already have the official 6.5.x available, but not for omnia2..

rgds,

Guest Terry666
i don't care and not interested to know who is stupid and who is not. we are refering to the new 'version' (6.5.x), which hope to solve some of the problems and added some additional features. but not the new 'ROM' which you might be referring to as win7.

i saw some others make already have the official 6.5.x available, but not for omnia2..

rgds,

Are you alright???

Where and when I mentioned "Win7" ????

YOU probably didn't read the preview posts where some member referring to it like 6.5!!! (Which I'm referring to)

I DIDN'T ask YOU for what YOU talk about... And if you talk for something other than the main post is your business and I don't know about it...

PLEASE read again my post and IF you have some answer ABOUT IT then PLEASE post it...

Guest Elwee1
Are you alright???

Where and when I mentioned "Win7" ????

YOU probably didn't read the preview posts where some member referring to it like 6.5!!! (Which I'm referring to)

I DIDN'T ask YOU for what YOU talk about... And if you talk for something other than the main post is your business and I don't know about it...

PLEASE read again my post and IF you have some answer ABOUT IT then PLEASE post it...

i am prefectly fine thank you. nevermind that whether i have read every post word by word or whether you did mentioned about win7 or not, forget about it please. i am not interested to prove who is right or wrong and to make any argument, mere waste of time.

appreciate anyone who can point out whethere there are any official 6.5.x being release, and where to get it. thank you.

the world is getting more and more complicated.

rgds,

Guest tropolite

appreciate anyone who can point out whethere there are any official 6.5.x being release, and where to get it. thank you.

the world is getting more and more complicated.

Soon hopefully... (6.5.3)

See the "official" word that was reported by SamsungHub.

I hope this answers your question.

Guest s4ch

oh i cant wait for the 6.5.3 official update. hopefully so many issues should be fixed.

does anyone know how to get it when it is available? through samsung new pc studio or samsung kies. have checked for the update on both today, no upgrade available. im running windows 7, do i need to try on xp??