SRS WOW HD on TG01

Guest xdalover

Guest Cmcknz77
Funny thing but while the three cabs where not working for me, always resulting in no sound, installing the 4th also after the three made everything fine...

Any chance someone can post links to all four cabs?

Guest xdalover
Any chance someone can post links to all four cabs?

Cmcknz77, come back to my post #34 in this same thread. They have always been there! :)

It's very important to install them in the same order as showed there and soft reset after all.

Best Regards

Guest Cmcknz77
Cmcknz77, come back to my post #34 in this same thread. They have always been there! :)

It's very important to install them in the same order as showed there and soft reset after all.

Best Regards

Done that now with the three shown in that post... And I'm getting no sound at all... Now looking for the 4th Cab (not shown in the post).

Guest i900french-addict
Done that now with the three shown in that post... And I'm getting no sound at all... Now looking for the 4th Cab (not shown in the post).

I suppose the 4th one is the the 3-in-one cab??

Guest xdalover
I suppose the 4th one is the the 3-in-one cab??

OK, this is the 4th. cab

http://www.htcspain.com/attachment.php?att...mp;d=1249734240

The true is that y did'nt need it . Have you installed cabs in the right order? If yes, try soft reseting two or three times.

Anyway, if all is useless, try the 4th cab and tell us if it fix the problem!

Best Regards

• 1 month later...
Guest YorksWarrior

Hi All,

Please forgive this if I sound a complete novice.... I am very new to this.

I have a TG01 that is unlocked to Vodafone. Like most I have found the volume output of this phone inadequate. I have found the SRS WOW 1.5.1 files on this forum.

Please could some explain to me how I install the file onto my phone. I have unzipped the downloaded file and got 4 files: SETUP.xml, SRS WOW 1.000, WOW HD 1.001 & WOW HD 1.002

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, and please accept my apologies if this is covered elsewhere and I have missed it in my search.

Mark

Guest Medved77
Hi All,

Please forgive this if I sound a complete novice.... I am very new to this.

I have a TG01 that is unlocked to Vodafone. Like most I have found the volume output of this phone inadequate. I have found the SRS WOW 1.5.1 files on this forum.

Please could some explain to me how I install the file onto my phone. I have unzipped the downloaded file and got 4 files: SETUP.xml, SRS WOW 1.000, WOW HD 1.001 & WOW HD 1.002

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, and please accept my apologies if this is covered elsewhere and I have missed it in my search.

Mark

Stay away from SRS WOW, myself and another users have experiences random reboots after installing it. Are you running windows mobile 6.5? The upgrade has fixed alot of the sound issues.

Guest YorksWarrior
Stay away from SRS WOW, myself and another users have experiences random reboots after installing it. Are you running windows mobile 6.5? The upgrade has fixed alot of the sound issues.

Hi,

Many thanks for your response. Yes I have windows 6.5 but the ringing volume still seems pretty low. Many thanks for the advice re SRS WOW.

Guest xdalover
Hi,

Many thanks for your response. Yes I have windows 6.5 but the ringing volume still seems pretty low. Many thanks for the advice re SRS WOW.

Could any of the fortunate friends already using WM6.5 check this SRS WOW version?

http://www.4shared.com/file/138196314/81e9...FLAME_1510.html

It's working OK in other WM6.5 devices

Thank you

Disclaim: Please backup before! Never tested on TG01....

Edited by xdalover

Guest leeston2379
Could any of the fortunate friends already using WM6.5 check this SRS WOW version?

http://www.4shared.com/file/138196314/81e9...FLAME_1510.html

It's working OK in other WM6.5 devices

Thank you

Disclaim: Please backup before! Never tested on TG01....

Just get "There is no WOW HD driver loaded. The control panel will now exit" when i open it, can see the program in the background though.

Guest xdalover
Just get "There is no WOW HD driver loaded. The control panel will now exit" when i open it, can see the program in the background though.

:D thank you leeston......

Hi

Well whilst considering updating to 6.5 I eventually decided to give this a go and if it failed, then I'd go for the update as the low volume was doing my head in.

In case there's anyone else left on 6.1, I installed this and it's top johnny bannana! I done the 3 cab install, and then I changed everything on the settings to 60. And 0db on the input/output side. And left it on headphones (i know that sounds confusing to anyone who hasn't installed it, but it won't be confusing once you install it). Also my hardware volume button is set only to 3/4!!!!

The result is loud ringtone, loud YouTube, and loud anything you wanna play!!!!

It's louder than 6.5!!!

This is what I got it set at (which may blow the speakers, but it's only as loud as any other phone! And if it does blow I'll try and get it replaced, or lose it accidentlly! So now my phone works nearly 100 percent!! (seperate post coming up with my one issue!!) but can someone confirm if this works on 6.5 I've had no issues with SRS on 6.1 by the way and it's been on for 4 days!

Thanks

Guest xdalover
Hi

Well whilst considering updating to 6.5 I eventually decided to give this a go and if it failed, then I'd go for the update as the low volume was doing my head in.

In case there's anyone else left on 6.1, I installed this and it's top johnny bannana! I done the 3 cab install, and then I changed everything on the settings to 60. And 0db on the input/output side. And left it on headphones (i know that sounds confusing to anyone who hasn't installed it, but it won't be confusing once you install it). Also my hardware volume button is set only to 3/4!!!!

It's louder than 6.5!!!

This is what I got it set at (which may blow the speakers, but it's only as loud as any other phone! And if it does blow I'll try and get it replaced, or lose it accidentlly! So now my phone works nearly 100 percent!! (seperate post coming up with my one issue!!) but can someone confirm if this works on 6.5 I've had no issues with SRS on 6.1 by the way and it's been on for 4 days!

Thanks

Yes, more or less your scenario is like mine.... I feel happy with WM6.1 , SRS WOW works perfect on my TG01 . Volume is hight (I also have volume to 3/4 to avoid to disturb too much...) and sound it's perfect with wired and Bluetooth headphones. The trick is only to install the 3 cabs in the right order and softreset a couple of times....

I agree with dunbad that if SRS WOW doesn't work on WM 6.5 I'll wait

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redline8400

My first post here...

Just wanted to add my little bit and say that CAB v3 is working like a charm on the TG01 with wm6.5 installed. I've had serious problems with distortion coming from the regular in-call speaker though. I'm on Orange UK and would love to keep this phone but it's driving me insane. I even get slight distortion on the ringtone when I call other people. I don't get distortion on the speakerphone and on the headset though. Does anyone else has the same problem? This is the second phone they send me, the first one had the same identical problem. Both we're shipped with wm6.5 installed. Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

It's louder than 6.5!!!

Thanks

I have upgraded from windows mobile 6.1 to 6.5 and cab 3 srs wow works fine on both. After upgrade to 6.5 I did initially keep getting the srs wow HD driver not installed message problem ...but then realised i had forgotten to soft reset after reinstalling srs wow....so i reinstalled again ..did soft reset immediately and that message never appeared & srs wow works fine on 6.5

All i will say is that after upgrading to 6.5 i cant see any advantage infact i liked the start menu better in the 6.1

• 1 month later...
Guest bagiabanmaybay

Just installed the cab v3, the sound is really louder but sound quality is somewhat poorer. Anyone got the same problem??

Btw, how can i get access to SRS setting, can not find it??

Just installed the cab v3, the sound is really louder but sound quality is somewhat poorer. Anyone got the same problem??

Btw, how can i get access to SRS setting, can not find it??

Are you using windows mobile 6.1 or 6.5?

I'm on 6.5, sound on win 6.5 is generally fine, but call quality is so rubbish.

I agree about the poor call quality but i never noticed it being any worse (or better), after installing srs wow or upgrading to windows mobile 6.5

You will find SRS Wow Settings by going to Start -> Settings -> System....you will see the icon WOW HD Settings sitting there

to click on.

Guest bagiabanmaybay
I agree about the poor call quality but i never noticed it being any worse (or better), after installing srs wow or upgrading to windows mobile 6.5

You will find SRS Wow Settings by going to Start -> Settings -> System....you will see the icon WOW HD Settings sitting there

to click on.

Thanks for your reply

The problem is I can not find the icon there or anywhere in the phone, even using search tool, it ends up nothing.

I installed the V3 cab to device, and soft reset. Did i do anything wrong??

After installing and resetting, the sound is better, but i find the quality worse when listening to music via head phone (sounds like no bass- sorry for my Eng-hope I said it right), maybe there's something to do with the setting but i can not find it.

Guest adzman808
Hi all again,

I've done a second cab, I've updated the .cpl file, in this way we have new options and much improvements!

Install the cab file, soft reset then go into settings > SRS WOW > TrueBass tab and set:

Imput Gain = 0

Output Gain = 0

In this way your TG01 will ring really loooooud!! :)

thank you very, very much - works straight off on my tg01.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply

The problem is I can not find the icon there or anywhere in the phone, even using search tool, it ends up nothing.

I installed the V3 cab to device, and soft reset. Did i do anything wrong??

After installing and resetting, the sound is better, but i find the quality worse when listening to music via head phone (sounds like no bass- sorry for my Eng-hope I said it right), maybe there's something to do with the setting but i can not find it.

I am also having the same problem. Cant find the SRS WOW anywhere on mobile. I installed 2 -3 different versions but still its not visible anywhere.

I am also having the same problem. Cant find the SRS WOW anywhere on mobile. I installed 2 -3 different versions but still its not visible anywhere.

I'm on WM6.5 now and I do not use SRS WOW as I did on WM6.1.

From all your comments I still can't figure out if it's worth installing it. Please report more opinions.

As I'm going to make an Hard Reset, may be I'll give it a try.

By the way as I remember correctly you got to search SRS WOW under SETTINGS not PROGRAMS!!! (from the Start menu).

Guest GabbaGabbaHey

Click on Start.

Click on Settings.

Click on System.

Do you have an icon called WOW HD Settings (it will be near the bottom of the page)?