31 replies to this topic

SinSilla

SinSilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 3D

Of course I am still keeping the SRS WOW, there is no way I can live without that bady.
Why MSNF3.5 causing me the problem? I have no idea, maybe it's because it conflict with my other apps. I have since installed more apps into my device and uninstall all the games and so far so good.
I also find something strange that I can only install apps into ROM, when I try to install into SD card the installation always fail.
apps added
MS Bing (really handy program for finding places, I had problem with this app when I also had Netframwork3.5 installed, but now it works fine)
MS Voice Command (again very handy)

No offense here, but didn´t you notice that every other person in this thread didn´t only blaim the srs wow app, they could even confirm this as the trouble maker?

So, as long as your keeping it, you will have the problem. It´s not related to the Framework or the mobile shell, so please stop blaming those if you´re not willing to test your phone without the SRS Wow Application. :) 

justj

justj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:toshiba tg01
  • Twitter:@no

No offense here, but didn´t you notice that every other person in this thread didn´t only blaim the srs wow app, they could even confirm this as the trouble maker?

So, as long as your keeping it, you will have the problem. It´s not related to the Framework or the mobile shell, so please stop blaming those if you´re not willing to test your phone without the SRS Wow Application. :)

No seriously, I have more then 12 apps installed along with SRS WOW HD and have no problem what so ever. I am sure if I have no apps installed this device will run perfectly as well but what's the point in that???

I really think it's the combination of what you installed conflict with SRS WOW HD and other apps that cause the device not to wakeup in sleep mode. For me that's AEP Button, GoNew Touch and Netframework 3.5. and I can do without them. Period.

p.s just counted 17 apps all together and work perfectly.
newly added to the list - Declans's Chinese Dictionary, Chinese Font Enabler

Edited by justj, 09 August 2009 - 04:14 PM.

clmnw

clmnw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2, Toshiba TG01
I have a new shut-down event happening - at the end of phone conversation. TG01 seems to be panicking and rebooting with so many reasons now. This is absurd for a new device that should have been properly tested before being put on the market. Toshiba should start paying attention to the issues all of us are experiencing! If only someone from their technical is pointed to read this forum.

SinSilla

SinSilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 3D
Same question to you, did you experience this with your stock TG01?

I´m more than sure that they tested the device with their stock rom and preinstalled software, but you can only guess how many people you would need to test a combination of all the available applications out there. :)

And justj, i didn´t want to say that you shouldnt install third party apps, it was just ment for testing purposes. Of course i have a lot of apps running too, but only those which definitely won´t cause any problems on my device. But of course, you have to test this on your own, can´t blame Toshiba for not doing so.

Edited by SinSilla, 10 August 2009 - 02:26 PM.

maxxpop

maxxpop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:spv c500

Hi all,

First post in this forum to say that I have the same problem. Till yesterday. Thinking what I installed few hours ago here is a list of them. May be a comparison with your istallations could be a big help finding the guilty software:

MortScript
NET CF 3.5
HiCalc v2.7
SRS WOW HD

The last one comes from this post: http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1050068

Would be nice to get the solution (or at least an idea) before the hard reset.
If none of this applications match yours I'll give more names from the days before.
Regards.

The problem is SRS WOW HD remove it and you wont have any problems

richchestmat

richchestmat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Treo750v/Pro
I never installed the SRS on my new Tg01 (WinMo 6.5) but I have this problem. I do have HiCalc v2.7 though and it's one of the first things to go on.

GabbaGabbaHey

GabbaGabbaHey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia Z Ultra
I too have been suffering from intermittent shutdowns. I am running WM6.5 and have not installed SRS WOW.

I have been wondering whether it is related to alarms. Today one of my daily alarms went off. I was doing something else at the time, so took no action. When I picked the phone up a few minutes later, it had switched itself off. The battery was almost full.

Is anybody else able to associate shutdowns with alarms not being responded to?

--
Philip

richchestmat

richchestmat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I am in the middle of hard resetting and reinstalling.
So far it's fine with the following installed:
Opera Mobile 10 b3
G-Alarm
FingerKeyboard 2.1
SPB Wireless Monitor
Google Maps
ActiveSync with Gmail
Windows Live Mail push
GooSync

Next up will be HiCalc and AgendaOne

What I did notice before resetting was that my phone would freeze if left in standby at the top of each hour. It happened 3 times yesterday on schedule. When it was frozen in a black screen the standby light did not come on and calling the phone just rang out at the other end. So at least now I can install one thing new every hour.

Hope this info helps

richchestmat

richchestmat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Update: After installing HiCalc.exe it started freezing again. This time about about 20 to the hour.
I've uninstalled it and rebooted. Hopefully I've found the cause but it would be a shame as HiCalc is pretty good.

Still freezing after uninstall so working backwards I've disables Windows Live Push and set the sync status to Manual.

Update: Still freezing :-( so I've set ActiveSync to manual now also.

STILL FREEZING! Might have to hard reset again

The last time it froze the screen was still on. After 5 minutes the system came back to life but this time with a GWES.exe error. I noticed that Google Maps was still running and since Latitude is set to refresh hourly (according to unverified google search results) I have turned Latitdue off. Here's hoping it works.

Update: It's Google Maps. I'm 85% sure of that. When exiting Google Maps say No to Continue to share my location and that stops Latitude from running in the background. No more freezing even after reinstalling HiCalc.

Edited by richchestmat, 17 February 2010 - 07:46 AM.

sagam12

sagam12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Update: After installing HiCalc.exe it started freezing again. This time about about 20 to the hour.
I've uninstalled it and rebooted. Hopefully I've found the cause but it would be a shame as HiCalc is pretty good.

Still freezing after uninstall so working backwards I've disables Windows Live Push and set the sync status to Manual.

Update: Still freezing :-( so I've set ActiveSync to manual now also.

STILL FREEZING! Might have to hard reset again

The last time it froze the screen was still on. After 5 minutes the system came back to life but this time with a GWES.exe error. I noticed that Google Maps was still running and since Latitude is set to refresh hourly (according to unverified google search results) I have turned Latitdue off. Here's hoping it works.

Update: It's Google Maps. I'm 85% sure of that. When exiting Google Maps say No to Continue to share my location and that stops Latitude from running in the background. No more freezing even after reinstalling HiCalc.

Hi i think HTC apps make the TG01 unstable. also i think s2u2 and s2p make it unstable aswell. GOD WE NEED A NEW ROM LOL!

hafizi

hafizi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Dopod 818 Pro
i can confirm the problem is caused by google maps
try disable location/latitude autoshare and no more shut down.
cheers

rammy121

rammy121

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
did anybody really ever get to the bottom of this? Is it really Google Maps? My phone keeps on going into sleep mode, then loses activesync etc. it's fresh back from toshiba/repair centre. they said latest and greatest s.w. installed. i installed .net cf3. now when i connect it to my Xp box, when i go into the settings etc. it the sleep mode always becomes active and set to one minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users