Emulators

Guest jamjamjam

Hello all

Has anyone tested FPSECE or Morphgear on this bad boy? If not, would anyone care to try them?

It's a major factor in purchasing this!

Cheers

Guest IBTECH

I have been using FPSECE 0.0.096 and it works on portrait mode just fine.

Morphgear also works in both Portrait and landscape and is much faster than FPSECE.

The new version of FPSECE will support WVGA landscape mode.

Guest jamjamjam

is Morphgear running fullscreen, full speed, with sound? If so then :) ;)

What sort of FPS are you getting on FPSECE? I'd be interested to know what games you have tried?

Thanks!

Guest IBTECH
is Morphgear running fullscreen, full speed, with sound? If so then :) ;)

What sort of FPS are you getting on FPSECE? I'd be interested to know what games you have tried?

Thanks!

Morphgear runs full screen full speeds with SNES ROMs.

Gameboy is running full screen full speed without sound. sound is slowing it down a little.

As for FPSECE, I have only tried a few games so far as at the current state of the software it is not very usable. You have to use WVGAfix and it does not work in landscape so the screen space is tiny.

For the games I have tried:

Gran Turismo: 25-30fps. feels slow.

Crash bandicoot: 25-28fps.

Driver 2: 25-29fps

Farmeskip is set to 0 in all games.

How does that compare to other devices?

Edited by IBTECH

Guest jamjamjam

I think those speeds are bout on par with the original Omnia actually! Maybe a few fps more more :)

So is that SNES speed with sound on?

Sorry to keep asking questions, its just if Im going to upgrade to an Omnia Pro, I want to know it can play Morphgear SNES and FPSECE as good as old Omnia !

Thanks!

Guest jamjamjam
Here is a video showing the Omnia II and morphgear with TVout to my TV + the bluetooth gamepad.

It works pretty well, at full speed:

Hey thanks for making the video, much appreciated!

I noticed it wasn't full screen on the device though :) is that just because you were using TV out?

Guest somedude
Here is a video showing the Omnia II and morphgear with TVout to my TV + the bluetooth gamepad.

It works pretty well, at full speed:

Great video. Would you mind making another quick video showing the omnia ii being played inside the bluetooth gamepad?

Im thinking about getting the gamepad and playing games the omnia ii on the train ride to and from work...

Edited by somedude

Guest IBTECH
Hey thanks for making the video, much appreciated!

I noticed it wasn't full screen on the device though :) is that just because you were using TV out?

Oh it can be in real full screen both in landscape and in portrait.

When you are doing full screen in portrait, the picture looks stretched on the Omnia, but on the TV screen it will show full screen without being stretched.

When you are doing full screen in landscape, on the Omnia it will look just fine, but on the TV it will look strange.

I'll try to make another video later today showing this.

Also keep in mind that the SNES games were made for much lower resolution so displaying them in full screen on and HDTV does not look very sharp.

I cant wait for FPSECE to be out with the new version to see what is really playable on the device as those SNES games are extremely old.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest landslot
BUMP

I would really appreciate it if anyone has more feedback on FPSECE and Morphgear SNES performance??

Morphgear SNES: Works fine but no landscape mode.. try Legned of Zelder?? (SP), and some others.

Morphgear GBA: Some games will prompt that some H/W is not in the system so unable to run.

unable to get FPSECE working yet. Need some sample files to try..

Guest jamjamjam

Thanks for the feedback landslot.

Why won't landscape work? That's very disapointing :)

Sample files for FPSECE can be found by going to snesorama forum (use google :) )

Guest landslot
Thanks for the feedback landslot.

Why won't landscape work? That's very disapointing :)

Sample files for FPSECE can be found by going to snesorama forum (use google :) )

u can try this site for the game pad for MG. Too bad they are not able to get it to work in landscapre mode..

'Mutiltouch' Game Pad

Guest jamjamjam

Ahh so it works in Landscape, just not with onscreen controls!

Would you be able to test the performance with these settings:

Landscape

Full screen

Full sound

?? I'd really appreciate it.