Hero UI on the samsung?

Guest kam187

Guest kam187
Sadly not, there's a bunch of frameworks too...

P

Ahh ok, not a big deal. I'm just looking for something new to try with it :) Their firmware update has caused random reboots and lots of force closes to pop up. I've rooted it already and installed the custom recovery with nandroid backup.

I just wish they'd hurry up and release the new firmware to undo the mess they've made.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kam187

From what I understand the hero has 60 to 70mb free with Rosie, and 100mb free without. We can assume rosie takes 20 to 40mb depending on widgets etc. The samsung only has 30 to 45 mb free. So I think we would run out of memory :D

Guest ccsnet
From what I understand the hero has 60 to 70mb free with Rosie, and 100mb free without. We can assume rosie takes 20 to 40mb depending on widgets etc. The samsung only has 30 to 45 mb free. So I think we would run out of memory :D
But assuming your going to do this you will have more than likley rooted your phone which could mean using the SD card swap file to help ?

Terran

Guest kam187
But assuming your going to do this you will have more than likley rooted your phone which could mean using the SD card swap file to help ?

Terran

Yeah, but swap support isnt compiled in the current kernel. We have the source so we could enable it tho :D

It looks like the samsung is being released sim free on tuesday in the UK, so we should see alot more mods then.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest shambolic2000

Hi, I have the Galaxy and have updated the firmware to the H7 version with Odin. I couldn't get the H8 firmware to work. I saw some other links to a custom Hero based ROM on an italian website but being an English speaker I couldn't read it! Are there any ROMs with the HTC Sense UI that are based on the H* firmware, and if so, has anyone used them? Do they work well?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to add Divx/Xvid functonality to the Galaxy?

This is the link to the ROMs I was talking about -

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/samsung-i...-galaxy-18.html

Thanks to everyone who's been doing work on the firmware!