Hero (G2) Unlocking

Guest kam187

Guest kam187

Just fyi, it seems all these 'online' code generating sites are unable to get codes for the G2 (T-Mobile branded hero)

They all connect into the HTC server it seems, and the codes for the G2 aren't in the database :)

Direct from T-Mobile it takes 10 to 30 days. I'm trying some direct from T-mobile using 'service partner connection' from one of these sites now, which takes 24 to 48 hours. I hope it works :-/

Guest kam187
imei-check will have an unlock available soon so I'm told!

P

All the sites keep saying that :) I'll try them next if I have no luck with these guys.

Guest the_milkman

Hi Guys..

Not true.. I unlocked a T-Mobile G2 touch over a week ago.

I used http://www.thephoneunlockers.com (I waited about 72hours!!)

I also spoke to http://hero.unlock-now.com/sim-unlock-HTC-Hero/ who said that they received my code after I got a 48hour no code refund. I'm now using o2!!

I hope this helps!!

:)

Edited by the_milkman

Guest kam187
Hi Guys..

Not true.. I unlocked a T-Mobile G2 touch over a week ago.

I used http://www.thephoneunlockers.com (I waited about 72hours!!)

I also spoke to http://hero.unlock-now.com/sim-unlock-HTC-Hero/ who said that they received my code after I got a 48hour no code refund. I'm now using o2!!

I hope this helps!!

:)

I tried unlock-now on the 5th and then again on the 12th. No luck.

There seems to be one other person on xda dev that got his G2 unlocked by them, but everyone else is having problems. I spoke to their support who keep telling me everyday their database will be updated and I should wait till the morning.

Well lets say at the least getting you're G2 unlocked isnt as easy as getting a Hero unlocked on another network.

Guest the_milkman

That's really strange... I signed up for 2 services to get my phone unlocked - I was so impatient of their "10 minuite unlock code" I signed up with another service.. unlock now. After 48hours without a code they gave me an automatic refund... but the next day I got an email saying that my code was now in and did I want to re-purchase the code...

Might have been a roose get get my money back!! haha

Have you tried the phone unlockers??

sorry to hear your having problems..

Edited by the_milkman

Guest kam187
Direct from T-Mobile it takes 10 to 30 days. I'm trying some direct from T-mobile using 'service partner connection' from one of these sites now, which takes 24 to 48 hours. I hope it works :-/

That didnt work.. got a refund. fyi the company was unlocking SPAM link removed.com

That's really strange... I signed up for 2 services to get my phone unlocked - I was so impatient of their "10 minuite unlock code" I signed up with another service.. unlock now. After 48hours without a code they gave me an automatic refund... but the next day I got an email saying that my code was now in and did I want to re-purchase the code...

Might have been a roose get get my money back!! haha

Have you tried the phone unlockers??

sorry to hear your having problems..

I been speaking to htccode on MSN, and they managed to get me my unlock code! Unlocked and working :D

• 4 weeks later...
That didnt work.. got a refund. fyi the company was unlocking SPAM link removed.com

I been speaking to htccode on MSN, and they managed to get me my unlock code! Unlocked and working :)

I've just tried using htccode, ordered a code yesterday, haven't heard anything from them since.

tested: htccode doesn't work for my imei

thanks. i haven't even received a code to test with. Ordered it yesterday, still no response or code sent. i would advise keeping away from htccode / totalgsm as they are the same company.

Guest darkskiez
thanks. i haven't even received a code to test with. Ordered it yesterday, still no response or code sent. i would advise keeping away from htccode / totalgsm as they are the same company.

Took me a couple of days to get my code from htccode, they emailed me it after the software came back unknown. Good customer service with their online chat.

Other folks have similar success stories with these guys - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542425

• 8 months later...
Guest Mugenmk

Does the firmware version have anything to do with the unlocking? I got my code from htccode and it wont work... I have firmware 1.5

Does the firmware version have anything to do with the unlocking? I got my code from htccode and it wont work... I have firmware 1.5

Generally not, but if you're running a stock Orange UK firmware it can do, as Orange screw with the unlock codes. Apparently in this case flashing to a custom rom will allow the code to work.

Guest klutsh
Generally not, but if you're running a stock Orange UK firmware it can do, as Orange screw with the unlock codes. Apparently in this case flashing to a custom rom will allow the code to work.

That's how I did it, Orange HTC and code would not work until MCR 3.2 was installed.

Guest Mugenmk

I see, well I'm from Macedonia, the network that brought Hero is ONE.mk, now I purchased the code from htccode, and somehow got to it, and it didn't work. I spoke with the guy from ccode, and he told me that the reason why the factory code didn't work was because, the network provider, ONE, had relocked the device using it's codes.. So now my question is, can a firmware update reset the original code?