• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:CDMA HERO 200
  • Twitter:@pping
hi,paul

great work!

i am a chinese and i am using sprint CDMA hero200
there are a problem bothering me very much
when i send text messages in chinese letters ,the receiver would receive the wrong-code message that cannot be read.
Would u be so kind to take some measures that making sprint hero support PDU(Protocol Data Unit) just like Dream\Magic\Hero in China.These GSM cell phones can Send/receive chinese SMS and they all run on android 1.5.
Any chance to support chinese SMS in near future?
thanks anyway

ZiCoN

ZiCoN

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@ZiCoN_dk
I found this video on youtube from theunlockr on how to install the recovery on your phone with a terminal emulator...
I followed it and upgraded my hero with the new 1.5.2.. works like a charm

(if its not allowed to post links, I apologize)

HTC Desire
MCR Custom :)

uk786

uk786

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:ѕмarтpнoneѕ, ѕaмѕυng, noĸιa, ѕyмвιan, androιd, нтc,
  • Devices:т-мoвιle g2 (нтc нero)

I found this video on youtube from theunlockr on how to install the recovery on your phone with a terminal emulator...

Shame that 'better terminal' costs.

★Samsung Galaxy S ★Gingerbread 2.3.3 ★Rooted
~

ZiCoN

ZiCoN

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@ZiCoN_dk

Shame that 'better terminal' costs.

Little bit, but I don't mind give a few $ for it ;) I think it's a fast easy way to do the update ;)

HTC Desire
MCR Custom :)

kiddx

kiddx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO
Newbie here on flashing...

Im running Win7 w/ HTC Sync, the adb lists devices fine and such and Im able to run commands. I tried running the windows shell and keep getting ./ invalid command, so I redid the commands to be line by line and that seems to go through ok, until I get to

SUCCESS: Enjoy the shell.
#

Nothing seems to happen after that and I cant type anything in. If I run the adb shell /dala/local/asroot2 /system/bin/sh manually I get the same message and cant type anything in the #.

I figured this process would take about 1-2 mins but nothing has happened after several mintes, so Im not sure if Im missing something when I redid the .bat file or because its not all on one line?

I have an HTC HERO from SPRINT in the US.

Just an FYI: Im assuming I need to do this to 1. run the nandroid backup and 2. when I put the update.zip on and goto flash I keep getting these 'verification failed' messages. I tried the modaco rom and the 2.1 1.7 rom from htc-developers forum.

thanks in advance!

kiddx

kiddx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

No luck here with scripts completing on Win7 or Mac 10.5 - stopped at "enjoy the shell" right after it SUs the adb shell. Executed the script by hand instead; <3 TextEdit on one side, Terminal on the other.

I was trying the same thing after going through this but I get stuck at the shell mount -o remount command. I get an error that adb is not found, because its executing from the # prompt. I try it w/o the adb shell by just typing mount -o remount ... and that gives an error too. Running the commands manually yields the ability to type up to the command that calls the /system/bin/sh where you just sit at a shell prompt.

scar4ace

scar4ace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero baby!!!
hi guys

quick qst for GSM HTC Hero.....Basically I didnt use any coding or typing in dos commands...i used flashrec.apk file and then a cyanogen img to flash the patched recovery on my device....booted into recovery mode...and then made a nandroid backup of my phone (which was on the official unrooted 2.73.405.5 ROM).....

after doing nandroid backup, I proceeded to root/load modaco custom ROM 2.8.......then I decided to revert back to original HTC hero rom due to some problems (my SMS messages started coming to the phone late...upto 4-5 hours after the SMS were sent to my phone....this didnt happpen on official 2.73.405.5 ROM)...anyone have this problem? anyway...so basically I done nandroid restore.....but now i have the flashed patched recovery image (cyanogen) that I put on using flashrec.apk..........how do i return the original recovery console so that if the phone goes back to HTC for warranty they cant tell i been flashing images/roms to the phone.

Thanks all in advance!

scuj1

scuj1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:LG2X (CM7 Nightlies)
  • Twitter:@scuj1

Followed to a T and now I can't boot into recovery, thankfully the Hero boots normally. Would it be worthwhile finding an previous version of the recovery image and just flashing again?

EDIT: Ignore that. Obviously had a corrupted .img file

Edited by scuj1, 06 January 2010 - 12:25 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Updated to 1.5.2 images.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

mustax

mustax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The link it's down :) can you fix it?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
Fixed!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

mustax

mustax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Fixed!

P

Thks:)

Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Hi guys,

Is it true?

By flashing to the official 2.73 ROM, the Fastboot method no longer works. I used Flashrec to flash my recovery image.

http://androidforums...custom-rom.html

I have an official 2.73 ROM. I need to use flashrec instead of this fastboot?
This topic is outdated?

Thanks

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
Yeah, I need to update it. Use InstantRoot.apk or flashrec.

P

Posted Image

R0K2puZ

R0K2puZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a GSM Hero on Windows, and I am on the final step, and it is just sitting there. How long is it meant to take?

trunker

trunker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:htc hero

Yeah, I need to update it. Use InstantRoot.apk or flashrec.

P

HTC hero 3GUK build 2.73.771.73

InstantRoot.apk pops up the notificatioin "Instant Root Failed - Root access was not acquired"
Flashrec fails as well
the command prompt for windows on page 1 fails fastboot with the error 'boot.img'... FAILED (remote: not allow)

any workaround, thanks and appreciated anyone.

heero884

heero884

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Newbie here on flashing...

Im running Win7 w/ HTC Sync, the adb lists devices fine and such and Im able to run commands. I tried running the windows shell and keep getting ./ invalid command, so I redid the commands to be line by line and that seems to go through ok, until I get to

SUCCESS: Enjoy the shell.
#

Nothing seems to happen after that and I cant type anything in. If I run the adb shell /dala/local/asroot2 /system/bin/sh manually I get the same message and cant type anything in the #.

I figured this process would take about 1-2 mins but nothing has happened after several mintes, so Im not sure if Im missing something when I redid the .bat file or because its not all on one line?

I have an HTC HERO from SPRINT in the US.

Just an FYI: Im assuming I need to do this to 1. run the nandroid backup and 2. when I put the update.zip on and goto flash I keep getting these 'verification failed' messages. I tried the modaco rom and the 2.1 1.7 rom from htc-developers forum.

thanks in advance!

I had the same issue myself. I tried both the Windows and OSX scripts with no luck. After a bit of investigating I was able to root my Sprint Hero after modifying the Windows batch file. I have attached my version of the batch file. I had to archive it as I'm not allowed to upload .bat files. Simply replace the .bat file from inside this archive with the one Paul included.

Attached Files

NargalaX

NargalaX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:n/a
snip

Edited by NargalaX, 31 October 2012 - 06:32 AM.

kookix

kookix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
I think the link is down.

Karaviro

Karaviro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@Karaviro
HowTo install from a generic Rom with superuser permission (Works for Mac and Windows)

I upgraded my Hero with ROM-Version 1.7X.XXX.X over htc.com to ROM-Version:2.73.405.5
Then the way over „fastboot“ described on the top of this thread, doesn’t work anymore.

Go instead this way:

Thanks to „quantumrand“ from AndroidForums.com; and Bruno Braga for the hint in Post 73
other HowTos xda-developers; theunlockr - root in one click/

Here we go:

- Download the needed Tool „Recovery Flasher“ flashrec-1.1.2-20090909.apk >>>here<<<

- Download the the Fastbootzip on the top of this thread >>>here<<<

- Unpack the zip file

- Put flashrec-1.1.2-20090909.apk file from the first download
and the recovery-RA-hero-v1.5.2.img file, (which you will find in the downloaded Zip-file)
on your sdcard of your hero

Two "Option/Ways" to "flash/install" your Recovery Image:
- On your phone, go to Settings > Applications > check Unknown sources

Option 1:

- Now you need a File Manager on your hero, download for example ASTRO File Manager in the market and install it

- Open ASTRO
- Click on flashrec-1.1.2-20090909.apk
- Choose „Open App Manager“
- Click „Install“

- Now go to your Progams and open the installed „Recovery Flasher“
- Type into the textbox "/sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v1.5.2.img"
- Press „Flash it“

=> If you get message "Flash FAILED: Could not run command" try this:

Option 2:

- Download from market "Better Terminal Emulator" and install it
- Start the app "Better Terminal ..."
- Touch the screen, keyboard should pop up, write
su

- press enter
- wait, a message could appear, if so, hit "allow allways"
- write
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v1.5.2.img
- press enter
- if a new # appears on a new line, it succeeded

;)

- After this succeeds, turn off your Phone
- Turn on your Phone and press right away the „Home“ button and hold it, till you are in the „Andorid system recovery“ Mode.

- There, you press USB-MS toggle
Now your sdcard is connectet to your Mac.

- Download the Custom Rom of your choice, MoDaCo is brilliant, download it >>>here<<<

- Download the newest Radio >>>here<<<
- Don’t unpack these zip files, put them as they are on your connected sdcard
- Unable USB-MS by pressing „Home“ button
- Choose „Flash zip from sdcard“ on your Phone in recovery mode
- Choose the downloaded Custom Rom for example „3.1-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip“
- Wait till the Rom is installed

- Choose Wipe
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset

- Reboot and enjoy your MoDaCo Rom

- For Radio update, repeat „Flash zip from sdcard“ and choose the Radio-Zip instead of the Rom-Zip.

Big Thank You to you Guys from MoDaCo, brilliant work!

Edited by Paul, 07 June 2011 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users