PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
An updated ROM has been released for the Sapphire (32A devices only!) via HTC for 3 Australia... in RUU form (found via xda-developers!)

You should NOT apply this as a whole to your device as it includes a fixed bootloader!

BUT... there is a way to get it on your device! This is theoretical at this point (I don't have a 32A device!), so do a nandroid backup first m'kay and let us know how you get on!

- Download it from this link
- Run it (don't plug your device in) and let it get to the point where it can't find the device - when you get the error pop up, don't OK it
- Now type %temp% to open your temporary directory, and sort by date
- You will see the latest directory has a name with lots of numbers. Inside, you'll see another directory, open that and you'll find 'rom.zip'
- Extract that ZIP to somewhere (e.g. your desktop) using WinRAR or similar
- Close the RUU now
- You can now use 'fastboot' to install only the required files. For example...
- Boot into the bootloader by powering off, then powering on while holding down 'back'
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash radio radio.img
- fastboot flash system system_2.17.861.2_release.img
- fastboot flash userdata userdata.img (note, this wipes your data)

And you're done!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

schneider82

schneider82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Magic Rogers
I have a rogers HTC magic running on the Telstra network will this rom work for me or should I be looking for one for the rogers phone? I would realy like sense but I don't want to brick my phone or make it start running on telstra 2100 network... it's currently great on the 850 network and don't want to stop that.

thihaz

thihaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Magic 32A
  • Twitter:@thihaz
anybody has tried it? Can i brick 32A htc magic phone? and how does it look like? Any screen cap? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users