TG01 freezes on boot after hard reset

Guest berusekPL

Guest berusekPL

Hi guys,

I have bought a TG01 some two weeks ago and it worked like a charm. I spent some time installing and uninstalling various soft and playing with it until one day it started booting much longer than before, not being able to find programs from Storage Card on startup, etc.

So I decided to hard reset it and reinstall the stuff. However after rebooting it freezes on the splash screen ("O2 welcome" in my case) and does not want to go any further. It can stay like this for hours until I lose patience and turn it off.

Do you have any suggestions on what the problem is or what I can do?

I bought the device on eBay from Germany and I wouldn't want to have to go to the nearest (some 500km) O2 dealer and ask/complain to them

cheers,

B.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Infinaught
Hi guys,

I have bought a TG01 some two weeks ago and it worked like a charm. I spent some time installing and uninstalling various soft and playing with it until one day it started booting much longer than before, not being able to find programs from Storage Card on startup, etc.

So I decided to hard reset it and reinstall the stuff. However after rebooting it freezes on the splash screen ("O2 welcome" in my case) and does not want to go any further. It can stay like this for hours until I lose patience and turn it off.

Do you have any suggestions on what the problem is or what I can do?

I bought the device on eBay from Germany and I wouldn't want to have to go to the nearest (some 500km) O2 dealer and ask/complain to them

cheers,

B.

Hi, I've had a very similar issue with mine. Bought it of Ebay from Germany (O2), and while trying to figure out how to mod the language from German to anything else, the phone got stuck to a blank screen after booting, with no connectivity. I tried a hard reset and thankfully it proved out to fix things, so I'm back at square one. At this point and with little real support available, it seems anything goes. I wish you the best of luck.