TG01 Vs TP2 Or any other contenders?

Guest m8mbl

Hi All.,

Sending my phone back to Orange for a refund, toooo many problems with memory loss cant (sleepless night wondering if my data has been lost :D lol...)

so just wondering if any of you are using the touch pro2 if so how do they compare to each other ( I know, I know different plathform and all that).

Looking mainly at performance as I gotten use to the snapdragon!

Or is there are other recommedations? device to look out for in the next month or two.

Regards

MB

Edited by m8mbl

Guest i900french-addict

HTC are reliable, sure! And the touche pro 2 is a good device.

The samsung Omnia II must be very powerfull, but still not out everywhere...

But the TG01 remains more powerfull ....

Guest bukwit

I have both a TP2 unbranded and TG01 on Orange. Both have obvious merits. I like my device to perform instantly and the TG01 serves that purpose admirably especially when I'm out and about. The TP2 is a great device, very well implemented and a solid performer. I prefer the TP2 over the TG01 on days that I use the device more than a phone especially for typing lengthy documents, however I do end up carrying both around recently as I've now got the TG01 running the way I want it to and it's starting to become my main device.

Also, I've just installed wm6.5 (unofficial of course) onto the TP2 and its quite a different device, more responsive and IMO better looking as an OS. Cant wait until wm6.5 is out for the TG01.

Edited by bukwit

I have both a TP2 unbranded and TG01 on Orange. Both have obvious merits. I like my device to perform instantly and the TG01 serves that purpose admirably especially when I'm out and about. The TP2 is a great device, very well implemented and a solid performer. I prefer the TP2 over the TG01 on days that I use the device more than a phone especially for typing lengthy documents, however I do end up carrying both around recently as I've now got the TG01 running the way I want it to and it's starting to become my main device.

Also, I've just installed wm6.5 (unofficial of course) onto the TP2 and its quite a different device, more responsive and IMO better looking as an OS. Cant wait until wm6.5 is out for the TG01.

bukwit, thanks for response.

How are you using the TG01 everyday? are you not experiencing any data corruption? This is my 3rd week with the TG01 with various configurations even just running stock and mail and I have lost files. tried different cards etc.. to no solution.

moaning aside... is it that much quicker than the TP2? coming from Tytn2 I was amazed by the speed... would love to keep it but I run 4 mail accounts and save various files to SD card... cant be losing data especially if I have to copy the content back every time, it takes about an hour plus installation time... just the inconvience is killing me.

Guest bukwit
bukwit, thanks for response.

How are you using the TG01 everyday? are you not experiencing any data corruption? This is my 3rd week with the TG01 with various configurations even just running stock and mail and I have lost files. tried different cards etc.. to no solution.

moaning aside... is it that much quicker than the TP2? coming from Tytn2 I was amazed by the speed... would love to keep it but I run 4 mail accounts and save various files to SD card... cant be losing data especially if I have to copy the content back every time, it takes about an hour plus installation time... just the inconvience is killing me.

Funnily enough I dont seem to be getting any data corruption on my storage card, however it is only a 512mb card and I use my Blackberry for emails. The original 8gb card supplied with the TG01 is still in the box. My Sandisk 8gb card is currently in the TP2.

Yes it is much faster than any currently available WM device and I do like the "instant" and very responsive actions due to the speed. I've had literally a roomful of WM devices in the past and the TG01 tops them all in terms of responsiveness BUT Toshiba dont tend to customise their devices much unlike HTC and the seamlessness and to a certain extent variety of applications on the TP2 make it an overall winner. In fact I think coming from a TyTn2 you'd love the TP2 as long as you get it working the way you want. Remember theres a number of other devices due out soon plus the official wm6.5 for both the TG01 and TP2 so its a waiting game unfortunately. Going by the way wm6.5 is currenttly running on my TP2 I reckon the TG01 with its wm6.5 upgrade will be perfect.

Guest bbmalver

Played around with the TP2 for a couple of hours. As a big screen 'lover' i absolutely detest the TP2! It really needs to be used with the supplied stylus, and between the TP2 and the touchflo

on it, it was not a pleasurable experience for me!

If you're a business user (mail, notes etc) that it may be your device, but if its for leisure, then i wouldn't recommend it.