• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

anderneo

anderneo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hmm.. I noticed the date / time problem as well.. And I think I shouldn't import the text messages from my girl, apparently 4300 messages makes the loading veeeeeeeery slow :D.
Arg, should have known that..

HTC Hero Modaco CR 2.9

RemoteSojourner

RemoteSojourner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I have a little over 2000 SMSs and my phone doesnt slow down at all. Do you have the latest modaco rom or you are running on stock hero rom?

anderneo

anderneo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Of course :D.

But I meant 4300 messages in one thread.. Did you mean that as well?

HTC Hero Modaco CR 2.9

RemoteSojourner

RemoteSojourner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
No I didnt mean that..but you can always mess with the sqlite database and create about 10 threads out of those 4300 messages :D That would work well.

anderneo

anderneo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hmm.. I think I'm doing something wrong..
The order the text messages appear are completely wrong. The last date it shows is from my previous phone instead the date of text messages received on my Hero ^^.
Any idea?

HTC Hero Modaco CR 2.9

patzek

patzek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

<br />Hmm.. I think I'm doing something wrong.. <br />The order the text messages appear are completely wrong. The last date it shows is from my previous phone instead the date of text messages received on my Hero ^^.<br />Any idea?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

When you open up your exported Messages in the App SMSImporter, does it shows the right send and receive Dates?

anderneo

anderneo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Jep, better: it displays the correct date.

But when I import my text messages in Android, the last text message received in my old phone is on top of the list, like I never received a text message on my new phone...

HTC Hero Modaco CR 2.9

patzek

patzek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

<br />Jep, better: it displays the correct date.<br /><br />But when I import my text messages in Android, the last text message received in my old phone is on top of the list, like I never received a text message on my new phone...<br />

so you mean your threadlist is dissorted?

anderneo

anderneo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
That might be a better way to explain it yeah.
The threadlist-title (last message) is also the last message on my previous phone..

HTC Hero Modaco CR 2.9

Karmus

Karmus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
I have around 2000 or 3000 sms that I would like to import, and first I was disillusioned by thinking of inserting all those manually through the SQLite Browser program. I tried your app and I can confirm that there is a problem with the time in version 0.4. The epoch values are all converted to the nearest whole integers (00:00:00 in my case) and thus some messages are displayed on top of each other since the time values for each message are totally equal.

However I managed to manipulate with the epoch values in the date column in the database by using the database editor, so that the message order of sent and received was swapped correctly the next time I pushed the mmssms.db file to its proper location, called the chown and chmod commands and rebooted the phone afterwards. I would recommend you to fix it in another release, otherwise great app and thanks a lot for doing this and making us all avoid the hard work!

It's a bit of a shame though that you are required to have the .NET Framework installed before it is possible to execute the file. It gives me some problems as I don't want to 'mess up' this computer by installing it, but fortunately I have access to a public school pc that had it installed already by Windows Update.

I managed to export all my sms' from a UIQ2.1 phone (Motorola A1000) by using the SMS Diary application (an alternative freeware application called ReadSMS is available here). Then I used the regular expressions in Notepad++ to convert the date format to be suitable for your XML converter and finally inserted the messages into the XML structure. If you're continuing your work with this app, I would recommend you to look on how you could implement this platform also. The Symbian OS doesn't store its messages in a database like environment. Instead it contains one Index file in the C:\system\Mail root and alle the messages are stored one-on-one as binaries in hexadecimal folders and files, for instance C:\system\Mail \ 00001001_S\e106f8e (ignore space)

Here's a sample file of the HTML-results produced by the SMS Diary application:
<html>

<head>
<title>My SMS Diary</title>
<style type="text/css">H3 {color:white;background-color:#2255AA;align="center";} .A {color:white;background-color:#2255AA;font-size:12px;} .B {color:white;background-color:#2255CC;font-size:12px;} .C {color:white;background-color:#2255AA;font-size:12px;} .D {color:white;background-color:#E3EBF7;font-size:12px;} .E	{color:white;text-decoration:underline;text-underline:single;} BODY {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:#E3EBF7;} B {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:#E3EBF7;} P {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;background:#E3EBF7;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : blue;}HR {color : #525D76;}DIV {color:white;background-color:#2255AA;} </style>
</head>
<body><div align="center">
<br/>
<h2 align="center">SMS Diary</h2>
<p>
</p>
</div><table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" align="center"><tr>
<td align="left">From</td>
<td align="right">To</td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td align="left">10-11-2006</td>
<td align="right">08-10-2009</td></tr>
</table>
</div><p align="right">
To:<b> Recipient Name 1</b><br/>
Number: <a href="tel:+1460198839">+1460198839</a><br>
Sent: 10-11-2006   20:45<br/>

Jeg kan spille Monkey Island på min nye mobil. :) Det er en Motorola A1000. Bruger en emulator ved navn EScumm.<br/>
</p>
<p align="right">
To:<b> Recipient Name 2</b><br/>
Number: <a href="tel:+4614694521">+4614694521</a><br>
Sent: 19-11-2006   19:21<br/>
Hehe ja H'eren tog ulidelig lang tid. 16 stop/35 minutter fra Hovedbanegården. Havde jeg stadig boet her kunne jeg have været hjemme for 20 minutter siden, så forskellen er ikke så stor igen.<br/>
</p>
<p align="right">

To:<b> Recipient Name 3</b><br/>
Number: <a href="tel:+38219690701">+38219690701</a><br>
Sent: 19-11-2006   19:28<br/>
Jeg elsker regnvejr når jeg sveder, men nogle gange er det rart at have en hætte at kunne tage over. Det havde jeg dog ikke i dag.<br/>
</p>
<hr/><p align="center"> SMS diary created with SMS Diary for Symbian phones<br/><a href="http://www.olamelen.com">www.olamelen.com</a></p></p>
<p>
</p>
</body>
</html>

The only difference between the example of sent messages above and received messages is that To: is replaced with From: and the align="right" is made left. In this document the output is chronological and ascending with separators as every passes by month.
<a name=YYYYM(M)></a><div align="center">
<br/>
<h2 align="center">Month YYYY</h2>
<p>
</p>
</div>
Y = year
M = month minus 1 - e.g. January equals 0, December equals 1

It is also possible to view a document sorted by separators between each different contact name, chronologically ascending. The code is as follows:
<a name=4249134287></a><div align="center">
<br/>
<h2 align="center">Name Middlename Surname 1</h2>
<p>
</p>
</div>
<p>
Number: <a href="tel:+2325676348">+2325676348</a><br>
Received: 07-09-2009 21:22<br/>
Hey nye som aldrende folk. Så er der møde i morgen klokken 18.30. Jeg holder oplæg om falske løsninger på klimaproblemerne og vi skal også snakke om aktion og ny kontaktperson. Skriv lige en sms tilbage om du kommer eller ej, så vi kan få overblik over om vi kan være i kælderen.<br/>Ps. hvis du vil have et punkt på dagsordenen, så skriv også tilbage til mig.<br/>
</p>
<a name=1054334400></a><div align="center">
<br/>
<h2 align="center">Name Surname 2</h2>
<p>
</p>
</div>
<p>
Number: <a href="tel:+673684246">+673684246</a><br>
Received: 07-04-2009 14:15<br/>
Hejssa! Hva så? hvordan sker den?<br/><br/>
</p>
<p>
Received: 18-04-2009 21:45<br/>
Så er det tid igen. Der er gået endnu en måned  uden et fristed. Vi går derfor på gaden imorgen søndag fra banegården. Kom mange!Send videre!<br/>
</p>
<p>
Received: 06-07-2009 22:18<br/>
Så skete det! Vi vil gerne takke jer for støtten gennem årene og har stablet en kæmpe støttefest på benene! Det foregår fredag og lørdag. 12 bands, dj's, folkekøkken osv. Bustur til København fredag og retur søndag. 300kr for en returbillet og forfriskninger undervejs. Lad os vælte KBH samlet! Program : se hjemmesiden<br/>
</p>
<a name=1091664672></a><div align="center">
<br/>
<h2 align="center">Name Surname 3</h2>
<p>
</p>
</div>
<p>
...and so on.

Edited by Karmus, 24 January 2010 - 07:59 PM.

RemoteSojourner

RemoteSojourner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Would you be able to share the source code for your app. I could use it in the app I am trying to build to transfer Nokia as well as WinMO SMS to Android in general.

Karmus

Karmus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
For people who are stuck with the date issue and tired of waiting for version 0.5 - please see this post: http://android.modac...0/#entry1169994

djtosh

djtosh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Samsung Omnia
works on htc desire but time doesnt copy with them just msg, sender and date. brilliant app thanks very much

Zythyr

Zythyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I am using an iPhone trying to transfer my SMS to Android. I used this website, http://faked.org/isms2droid/, to create the xml file of my sms. Will this program work in order to create the proper mmssms.db?

Zythyr

Zythyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I am using an iPhone trying to transfer my SMS to Android. I used this website, http://faked.org/isms2droid/, to create the xml file of my sms. Will this program work in order to create the proper mmssms.db?

daoforom

daoforom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Sony Ericcson X10
Hi,

By using your method, I was able to view the sms from my Dopod 818 Windows Mobile 5 in the data grid.

But, when I try to write to the mmssms.db file, I got an error that says:
SQLite error
no such table

Pls see the attached file for the full error message.

I've tried many methods/software for many days. But still no result. I would appreciate very much if you could help.

My android phone is Sony Ericcson X10. I've rooted it to Global Generic firmware 2.1

Many thanks in advanced!

Jean

Attached Thumbnails

• Error_Message.jpg

ToddCarey

ToddCarey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I strongly recommend that you use "Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer", because I just purchased, I feel very good.
I encountered similar problems, this software really solved my problem, thank you.

boinkenn

boinkenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This software can either backup and restore SMS and can backup and restore Contacts, very handy. I've been using and strongly recommend you to use.
Link:
http://www.obbosoft.com
OR You can search " obbosoft " in google......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users