Nav'n'Go iGo on TG01

Guest vonski

Guest The Real Mc Coy

Yes you can do this way but I packed it to data.zip in order that any TG01 owner can use it WITHOUT modifying SYS.TXT and iGO detects TG01 by its own...

In fact I like to know how things work and now I know how iGo configure itself with most devices and not with other (often newer) phones.

I will try (and report) my tests with some interresting values in your SYS.TXT

BTW, with do you have thise line in your SYS.TXT :

resolution_dir="320_240"
Edited by The Real Mc Coy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oleg1981

hi ppl. cant configure my GPS.

the device is with WIN 6.5 from the box.

the gps setting are like that.

in the device

internal gps:

GPS data downloaded on 17/01/10

external gps:

GPS Program port is GPD9

GPS Hardware post is (None) Boud rate 4800. trued to change the port to any com but its seems to me that after i pushing ok its retorning to (none) because every time im entering its (none)

Acces is on auto.

IGO version is 8.0

trued to serch in igo for gps but no success.

copied to the SYS.txt this:

[project]

name="igo8_pda"

[device]

type="SGH-i900"

sdcard_dsk_num=3

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

skin="ui_igo8"

[rawdisplay]

highres=0

autoconfig=1

driver="GDI"

[map]

2dheadup=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=7800

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3000

3dcarsizemax=4500

3dcarsizemul=10000

[debug]

reserve_memory=4088

cache=358444

but no reaction

Guest serialkillazzs

bit off topic but can someone post message me were to get garmin mobile xt that works with internal gps TG01

AND FULL CORRECT INSTRUCTIONS

NEW BATTERIES BY MUGEN BY THE WAY

Guest The Real Mc Coy
IGO version is 8.0

I think the mod I made is only valid for iGo 8.3 series and not 8.0.

bit off topic but can someone post message me were to get garmin mobile xt that works with internal gps TG01

You post in the wrong subject and you write too big. Don't expect to be answered...

Guest oleg1981
I think the mod I made is only valid for iGo 8.3 series and not 8.0.

You post in the wrong subject and you write too big. Don't expect to be answered...

installed the8.3 with the settings you gave. but what about com port? is it the same at yours phone?

Guest oleg1981

the funiest thing that google maps finding GPS ressiver and satellites vary fast ever in side the house. and some stupid programs like fuel consumption. but the great program like igo cant find it.

Guest The Real Mc Coy
installed the8.3 with the settings you gave. but what about com port? is it the same at yours phone?

Mine show this :

screen24.png

By trmc at 2009-09-01

I did not touch anything in the setting inside iGo (only SYS.TXT or data.zip) and it works :

capture003.png

By trmc at 2009-09-01

And please : uninstall this GPSGate sh*t if you are not using a software that require it. It causes more troubles than it solves.

IGo works great without it.

Guest oleg1981

maby there is something with my wim m6.5? it came from the box with it. i just cant save the com port in settings of gps hardware. is there any way to reinstal the win m from toshiba website?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adyuaic

to find the GPS, without installing gpsgate or something else, it's enough to write these lines in sys.txt:

[gps]

source="virtserial"

anybody solved the problem regarding sound?

Guest BaconTrousers
to find the GPS, without installing gpsgate or something else, it's enough to write these lines in sys.txt:

[gps]

source="virtserial"

I knew there had to be an easier way than installing extra programs so thanks Maximus9 and Alex :)

Guest cameron19

[gps]

source="virtserial"

Thanks thats works great no but do u no how i can get it to work when i turn phone on side just go black screen

Guest adyuaic

yes. how do you want it to be? landscape or portrait? if you want it landscape here it is what you should insert in sys.txt:

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=480

screen_y=272

Vga=0

highres=0

driver="GDI"

class="rlandscape"

Guest The Real Mc Coy
[rawdisplay]

screen_x=480

screen_y=272

Vga=0

highres=0

driver="GDI"

class="rlandscape"

This is not real WVGA...

IMHO it should be :

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

Vga=1

highres=1

driver="GDI"

class="rlandscape"

And the "rlandscape" can be replaced by "landscape" depending on the rotation you wish (right or left, rlandscape is for right).

Guest adyuaic

yea, right..i forgot to put 800 with 480

i've set it to rlandscape to have the power port below (depends on your car support).

my sys looks like this:

[rawdisplay]

screen_y=800

screen_x=480

vga=1

class="rlandscape" (if you set landscape it will be with "down" to volume and power buttons, if you set it to rlandscape it will be with "down" to micro usb port).

driver="GDI"

Edited by adyuaic

Guest DunkDream

Hey guys,

would it be possible that someone uploads the data.zip that The Real Mc Coy made, again?

I want to try IGO8. Already tried Navigon but I'm not very impressed ;)

And it would be nice if someone could make a sticky with the corect instruction out of this post.

Thanks for the work!

Best regards,

DunkDream

Guest mtwaldman

Great post. this information has helped me to get IGO working on the TG01 with the exception of the voices? Has anybody had success with this? If so how?

Guest John Simmons
Great post. this information has helped me to get IGO working on the TG01 with the exception of the voices? Has anybody had success with this? If so how?

Same here I can't get any voice guidance. Guys is there anything I need to change in sys.txt to get the voice working.

Another thing I notice is that once I start IGO it holds on to GPS even after I close IGO. Hence any other application which also uses gps does not get a gps fix unless I soft reset the phone. Anyone else facing the same issue?

• 1 month later...
Guest Nomgle
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\GPSOneDevice]

"UMTSServerURL"="agpss.orange.co.uk:7275"

I'm on T-Mobile UK - does anyone know the URL of their AGPS Server ?

My assisted GPS doesn't work - but obviously my TG01 is trying to use the Orange server instead of the T-Mobile one :)

EDIT : I've found supl.google.com and supl.nokia.com and lbs.geo.t-mobile.com all appear to be public, and all appear to work if I hit Start --> Settings --> System --> Internal GPS --> Download

Edited by Nomgle

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rammy121

...i used my old omnia (cr4p) i900's sys.txt + the mods listed here =

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

[debug]

skip_eula=1

enable_roadshadow=1

disable_outlookpoi=1

[gps]

source="virtserial"

[device]

type="SGH-i900"

sdcard_dsk_num=3

at first didn't work. went back and checked end to end. external gps settings must be as prevously said (by real mccoy and maybe others?), then start igo, went to igo's gps and it was there already, found!! and then as if by magic....worked. this is despite trying for half an hour with other combinations. b.t.w. i updated both sys.txt files. from my days with junky i900, i remember there were issues that were quickly resolved by ammending this file, i'm sure it was the one NOT on the sd card. i found "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" so left just the basic settings, for both the omnia and tg01.

strange about the sgh reference in the sys.txt, as if igo was made for it, with all the hard work done for the TMC, i got mine to work on it as well,ofcourse using the o.p.'s (for the OMNIA TMC topic) information.

thanks to ALL!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eskyt

Hi everybody,

Device Toshiba TG01.

After launching the iGo8.exe file I am getting message

" Failed to open file:

ui_igo8/400_240/main_sche

me.ui exe

exiting application"

Tried to make changes in sys, installed GpsGate...

Please, solutions...

Edited by eskyt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Real Mc Coy
Hi everybody,

Device Toshiba TG01.

After launching the iGo8.exe file I am getting message

" Failed to open file:

ui_igo8/400_240/main_sche

me.ui exe

exiting application"

Tried to make changes in sys, installed GpsGate...

Please, solutions...

Looks like you have a strange version of iGo... If it's not an official one try another one.

• 4 weeks later...