SMS Threaded & Email solutionn for OMNIA 2

Guest aunzueta

Hi all, my little contribution, compiling advices from other threats.

It is bosible, and works perfectly, to disaple the skinned email and sms samsung apps, that actually are...... no comments.

just replace the following registry:

kcu>software>microsoft>inbox>MsgTypes>IPM>SMStext>DLL

put "htmlnote.dll" in place of mms.dll

replace it also for

EmForm.dll

Then, use the following app to enable theaded sms. reset your phone and enjoy

With this modificatiosn you can enable the threaded sms!! AFTER modifying the registry as mentioned before and using the following application SMS threaded works perfectly!!!

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...g-mode-changer/

now i really love my phone!!!!!!

Thanks Paul and hdubli

MoDaCo.OmniaTHREAD.CAB

Guest alvinaloy

There are a couple of snags to this though.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book.

2) You're not able to MMS.

3) The Samsung keyboard will work intermittantly and weirdly in Opera.

Guest aunzueta

iWell, I'm using SPB Mobile shell, so i am sending MMS through the contact manager of it using the send MMS button for the contact, so I dont have any issue with that. I believe the benefits are much bigger than this turn, my personal opinion. About your 3rd problem, I don't have any trouble with the Samsung keybord and Opera. Maybe thats related with something diferent.

1) No name-type-ahead for the SMSes that you compose via tmail. You have to select the recipients from the address book.

Guest alvinaloy
iWell, I'm using SPB Mobile shell, so i am sending MMS through the contact manager of it using the send MMS button for the contact, so I dont have any issue with that. I believe the benefits are much bigger than this turn, my personal opinion. About your 3rd problem, I don't have any trouble with the Samsung keybord and Opera. Maybe thats related with something diferent.

The dictionary is turned off when I'm using Opera and when filling in forms (say keying in the search string in Google), the keyboard does not register any words; i.e. the key presses wouldn't appear in the field.

Anyway, I'm just sharing and letting folks know so they won't be surprised. I'm ok with the slow SMS-MMS speed. Just awaiting the firmware upgrade.

Edited by alvinaloy

Guest jacklivehere

It is bosible, and works perfectly, to disaple the skinned email and sms samsung apps, that actually are...... no comments.

replace it also for

EmForm.dll

With this modificatiosn you can enable the threaded sms!! AFTER modifying the registry as mentioned before and using the following application SMS threaded works perfectly!!!

Thanks Paul and hdubli

Hi,

Thanks alot, that fixes my exchange sync with my email and it works great. But small issue, My omnia II, touch scrolling doesnt work if i open a email and try to go down. However scroll bar works , any idea how to fix ?

Guest alvinaloy
Hi,

Thanks alot, that fixes my exchange sync with my email and it works great. But small issue, My omnia II, touch scrolling doesnt work if i open a email and try to go down. However scroll bar works , any idea how to fix ?

Omnia II doesn't support touch scrolling for WinMo apps. Wait for next firmware release

Guest sanyboi
Omnia II doesn't support touch scrolling for WinMo apps. Wait for next firmware release

I disagree, touch scrolling works with the winmo file explorer, contacts and settings atleast. Try it :D

Guest alvinaloy
I disagree, touch scrolling works with the winmo file explorer, contacts and settings atleast. Try it :D

Ok, then I'll need to scope it down then. Touch scroll doesn't work for some WinMo apps.

Guest watermelonSG

replace it also for

EmForm.dll

Thanks Paul and hdubli

hi anyone outthere knows what "kcu" means? a folder name?

I installed the cab, but i found the only change is sms from same person is grouped, but i do not see the new interface. Coz i didnt change dll?

I do not know What KCU means, sorry

hi anyone outthere knows what "kcu" means? a folder name?

I installed the cab, but i found the only change is sms from same person is grouped, but i do not see the new interface. Coz i didnt change dll?

I do not know What KCU means, sorry

kcu -->> HKCU (in registry) , he missed out the h... :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kenjichua

replace it also for

EmForm.dll

Thanks Paul and hdubli

Hi, im new to omnia 2 and WM. have read thru the posts but i have 1 question, how do i go to the "registry". Where is it located? Thanks.

Hi, im new to omnia 2 and WM. have read thru the posts but i have 1 question, how do i go to the "registry". Where is it located? Thanks.

u need program called PHM registry editor. google for it

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NewForce

replace it also for EmForm.dll

put "htmlnote.dll" in place of mms.dll, does it mean all mms.dll I could find in hkcu\software\microsoft\inbox\MsgTypes?

replace it also for EmForm.dll, does it mean put "htmlnote.dll" in place of all EmForm.dll found in hkcu\software\microsoft\inbox\MsgTypes?

Edited by NewForce

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I have modified the registry for sms threading and disable samsung skin to use tmail... How do I launch sms direct with an assigned icon instead of launch tmail and select sms, gmail or yahoo account for my case? I am on PointUI Pointsense. Thank you very much in advance. :D

Guest tacchan23
Now that I have modified the registry for sms threading and disable samsung skin to use tmail... How do I launch sms direct with an assigned icon instead of launch tmail and select sms, gmail or yahoo account for my case? I am on PointUI Pointsense. Thank you very much in advance. :D

You can read here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=490447 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340974

You have to make shortcuts like the examples below:

MMS

#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "MMS"

email (activesync)

#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "ActiveSync"

email (yahoo)

#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "Yahoo!"

SMS

#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "SMS"

sms open inbox

#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -open "inbox"

sms compose

#"\windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -to ""

Edited by tacchan23

You can read here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=490447 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340974

You have to make shortcuts like the examples below:

MMS

#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "MMS"

email (activesync)

#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "ActiveSync"

email (yahoo)

#"\Windows\tmail.exe"-service "Yahoo!"

SMS

sms open inbox

#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -open "inbox"

sms compose

#"\windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -to ""

Thank you for sharing the link tacchan23! I don't a problem creating it in iPhoneToday following the instructions, but I still don't know how to do it on PointUI PointSense. It will be wonderful someone knows... thx

Guest tacchan23
Thank you for sharing the link tacchan23! I don't a problem creating it in iPhoneToday following the instructions, but I still don't know how to do it on PointUI PointSense. It will be wonderful someone knows... thx

I think in the links I worte before they explain how to do it.

Anyway here how, for example, to make a shotcut to SMS:

On your PC, create a .TXT file with the content:

then rename the file extension to .LNK and move it back to your PPC

To make different shortcuts just use different contets as in the examples and links above

Edited by tacchan23

I think in the links I worte before they explain how to do it.

Anyway here how, for example, to make a shotcut to SMS:

On your PC, create a .TXT file with the content:

then rename the file extension to .LNK and move it back to your PPC

To make different shortcuts just use different contets as in the examples and links above

Thank you so much!!! Great!

• 1 month later...
Guest Randy Boy

# 2: you can send MMS you have to look.

for example. you need to send a picture of yours. then look for the photo app then look for the Send Via option then select messaging. it works for me

• 10 months later...