How to turn off SMS Message Sent Notification

Guest wiggy6230

Hi all,

I have been trying to turn off the Message sent notification that come up at the bottom of the screen after I send a text message and I cant without muting my incoming messages.

post-440402-1251111560_thumb.png

Does anyone know how to turn this off, either via the menus (maybe Ive missed something) or by a reg hack?

Thank you in advance.

Wiggy6230

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest wiggy6230

Hiya thanks for the replys,

In responce to reply 2: I dont want to disable the whole thing so dont thing this is the sollution for me.

and

Reply 3: I will look these up and report back.

Cheers

Guest wiggy6230

Cheers,

But have been round all those options and I still get the notification after sending text messages.

I dont really have an issue with the notification its the fact it sounds off my text message alert everytime a message is sent and its this that I really want to turn off, if I turn off notification in Sounds & Notifications, I dont get audio alert when recieving any messages ;-( so now my phone is set to vibrate.

Cheers

Wiggy

Update:

Ive tried all of the above and still no luck :-(

Thanks anyway

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest alvinaloy
Cheers,

But have been round all those options and I still get the notification after sending text messages.

I dont really have an issue with the notification its the fact it sounds off my text message alert everytime a message is sent and its this that I really want to turn off, if I turn off notification in Sounds & Notifications, I dont get audio alert when recieving any messages ;-( so now my phone is set to vibrate.

Cheers

Wiggy

Update:

Ive tried all of the above and still no luck :-(

Thanks anyway

The Message Sent notification is tied to your MMS alert. Remove the sound/vibration for MMS and it'll remove for Message Sent as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, such a simple but effective fix :-) Im a happy chappy now

Cheers Again,

Wiggy

Go To: HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > MsgTypes > IPM > SMSText

Change: DLL value htmlnote.dll

Then: Soft reset.

Then again,

Go To: HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Inbox Settings

Change: MMSNoSentMsg name to SMSNoSentMsg

Change: SMSNoSentMsg value to 1

Then: Soft Reset

Guest mike-biker

I`m able to switch off notification generally. It`s simple - in Message settings. But I need to turn off the sound only! It`s important for me to know, wheather the message was delivered in some cases, :) and the text on screen is sufficient! Has anybody a idea? But i need to hear incoming messages!!!

The resume: I need incoming SMS tone, but not outgoing. :) .

Edited by mike-biker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sirbrian
The Message Sent notification is tied to your MMS alert. Remove the sound/vibration for MMS and it'll remove for Message Sent as well.

I had tried to remove the mms alert and vibrate, but still each time the message sent pop up comes up with my sms alert tone and vibrate.

Please help.....

Guest Albertri
I had tried to remove the mms alert and vibrate, but still each time the message sent pop up comes up with my sms alert tone and vibrate.

Please help.....

same here ttally remove all MMS alert settings still has the sound and pop up sent notification.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wish master

The sms sent notification message on the cell phone is pretty useless, as it just means that the text message has been delivered to mobile service provider network SMS center for delivery, and does not actually indicate or guarantee that the SMS has been delivered to the recipient or has been received. And it’s also not to be confused with SMS delivery report, which may be more accurately reflect the delivery status.For user who doesn’t want a bubble notification to pop up in Windows Mobile LCD to notify user that SMS text message has been sent, it can be disabled with the following registry trick.

Use any Registry Editor, such as freeware CeRegEditor or PHM Registry Editor, and navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\

If “Settings” branch does not exist, create a New Key with name as Settings. Then highlight Settings, and then create a new String Value key with value name as SMSNoSentMsg, with its value data as 1.

After soft resetting the WM device, the SMS Sent notification will be disabled. Alternatively, it’s also possible to tweak the registry settings for notification (including SMS sent) default behaviors to disable SMS Sent bubble.

If for some reason, the SMS Sent notification does not work or has been turned off or disabled, it’s possible to re-enable and turn on the SMS delivery notification again, again with a registry tweak.

Again, using any Registry Editor to navigate to the following registry key:

If “Settings” branch does not exist, create a New Key with name as Settings. Then highlight Settings, and then create a new String Value key with value name as SMSNoSentMsg, with its value data as 0. Note that if the registry key already existed (such as you follow above procedure to disable SMS sending notification), just change the value from “1″ to “0″.

For user who doesn’t want a bubble notification to pop up in Windows Mobile LCD to notify user that SMS text message has been sent, it can be disabled with the following registry trick.

If “Settings” branch does not exist, create a New Key with name as Settings. Then highlight Settings, and then create a new String Value key with value name as SMSNoSentMsg, with its value data as 1.

After soft resetting the WM device, the SMS Sent notification will be disabled.

the registry value is already there with value data as 1 from day 1 when i got the phone

and the bubble notification appears everytime i send a message.

• 2 months later...
I`m able to switch off notification generally. It`s simple - in Message settings. But I need to turn off the sound only! It`s important for me to know, wheather the message was delivered in some cases, :( and the text on screen is sufficient! Has anybody a idea? But i need to hear incoming messages!!!

The resume: I need incoming SMS tone, but not outgoing. :D .

I had the same problem as you what I did is this:

But since Omnia II WM 6.5 is set to SMSNoSentMsg value 1 by default I just revert it back to MMSNoSentMsg value 0

Change: SMSNoSentMsg name to MMSNoSentMsg

Change: MMSNoSentMsg value to 0

Guest roisagi
I had the same problem as you what I did is this:

But since Omnia II WM 6.5 is set to SMSNoSentMsg value 1 by default I just revert it back to MMSNoSentMsg value 0

Change: SMSNoSentMsg name to MMSNoSentMsg

Change: MMSNoSentMsg value to 0

hi all - maybe a bit off topic.

i somwhow managed to change registry settings for the samsung Touchwiz email UI, and would love yo have it back - instead of the regular WM eamil ui.

does anyone know the settings for having the samsung email ui?

Guest roma0803

@roisagi

Please ask your question in a new topic since it has nothing to do with this topic.

Has anyone succeeded in disabling the notification message? I tried all above options without success.

• 3 weeks later...

ehh, i triend everything i found on this forum to disabling sms send bubble and sound notification but i failed, is there any other way withoud dissabling samsung skined sms app ? please help

It doesn't happen when I use Vito SMS chat.

I use this software a lot for SMS chat and this is convenient that it disables it.

If it could be any help or clue on settings of Vito.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pixiewave
ehh, i triend everything i found on this forum to disabling sms send bubble and sound notification but i failed, is there any other way withoud dissabling samsung skined sms app ? please help

it has been a half year now, still nothing??

i would like to have this problem resalved to

sorry for my bad english

Guest enrico988
it has been a half year now, still nothing??

i would like to have this problem resalved to

sorry for my bad english

Quoting a post in this forum:

• Remove SMS sent notification without disabling the Samsung skinned SMS application (by AndrewTan, not tested myself yet)

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\setting and change the value from 1 to 0 of

SMSForegegroundSend - disable sms/mms successful send notification

SMSDeliveryReport - disable delivery notification

then Soft Reset :)

Guest Kapica
Quoting a post in this forum:

then Soft Reset :)

doesnt work B)

only time i dont get the sent message notification is when i reply a message in threaded mode... when i write a new message i get the notification...

Edited by Kapica

• 3 weeks later...