562 replies to this topic

saquib

saquib

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
Thanks for the updated radio, Paul.

Have you applied this yet and can you comment on if reception is improved at all? On t-mobile UK with a unbranded white Hero.

Thanks!

I have repackaged the HTC generic, Orange UK and T-Mobile UK ROMs in update.zip (for use with the modified recovery image) for your pleasure. :D

The version details and links are below, note that the files include boot and system images only, I have elected not to include recovery, radio etc. I have however posted the radio seperately.

If your device has a ROM revision not listed here, please post a nandroid backup so I can create an update.zip! Many thanks to those who have already contributed backups so far.

Generally speaking these shouldn't require a wipe, but I can't guarantee that. Also, note these are completely stock and unrooted - you'll need to root afterwards if required.

Enjoy! :angry:

P

ROMs

HTC Generic 1.76.405.6 - download
Orange UK 1.76.61.3 - download
T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 - download

Radios

63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25 - download
63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 - download

Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@Funkyfin2000
Thanks Paul, you have been most helpful. I really appreciate it.

HTC Hero - Orange (Debranded) | Firmware 1.5 | Kernel 2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.92 root@neutrino | Build Number MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.2 Core | Software Version 1.0.0.A6288

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Added leaked HTC Generic 1.79.482.3 - I don't recommend using my rootpack on this version, I will post a rooted update.zip shortly.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
So then Paul, now you have posted the new ROM - I want to install this on my hero....

can you tell me which instructions I need to follow?

Does the new ROM include the Radio update? and if not, how do I then install the Radio update as well?

Rich

Edited by Funkyfin2000, 26 August 2009 - 09:51 AM.

HTC Hero - Orange (Debranded) | Firmware 1.5 | Kernel 2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.92 root@neutrino | Build Number MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.2 Core | Software Version 1.0.0.A6288

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Wait for the rooted version! :D

Install the radio update from the top of this post (it's not included in the main update.zip)...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Stevie B

Stevie B

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy Tab 10.1
  • Twitter:@stevethesimtec
Hello everyone. My first post to this forum and would like to thank Paul for some excellent info.

I'm new to the world of smartphones and the HTC Hero in particular. I have a G2 Touch (for approximately three weeks) and have successfully rooted it and unbranded it following the info within this forum. Many thx!

I'm with T-mobile and the signal is poor to say the least! Hence this post - the radio updates are of interest to me. Now do I need a specific version for T-Mobile or all radio updates generic? I'm assuming the latter, in which case, what is the procedure for updating please?

Thx again to Paul and all contributors

Steve

Nothin' is easy

Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Ok Paul will wait for the rooted version you will be posting shortly. Can you provide instructions with that to install.

How do you go about installing the radio file then?? Copy to the SD card presumably?

I echo the guy above, really appreciate your help and input to us other users who are learning..

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
1.79.482.3 rooted and tweaked Check out here as the MoDaCo Custom ROM! :D

P

Posted Image

Stevie B

Stevie B

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
OK, to those wanting to know how to add the radio image to their phone, it is the same procedure as the rooting i.e.

FYI I used the 63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 download

1. copy the radio zip file to your sdcard and rename as update.zip
2. reboot your phone using the home+power button sequence or the adb method (your choice)
3. the phone will list an option to install the update.zip file, select

The phone works out that it is a radio image and installs as appropriate

Time will tell if it has made any difference for me...

Simples :D

Nothin' is easy

Lox-

Lox-

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
  • Twitter:@LoxKnc

OK, to those wanting to know how to add the radio image to their phone, it is the same procedure as the rooting i.e.

FYI I used the 63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 download

1. copy the radio zip file to your sdcard and rename as update.zip
2. reboot your phone using the home+power button sequence or the adb method (your choice)
3. the phone will list an option to install the update.zip file, select

The phone works out that it is a radio image and installs as appropriate

Time will tell if it has made any difference for me...

Simples :D

Hi,
What is that 1.79.482.3 version? Where does it come from?
Regards

EDIT: sorry here is the analysis

Edited by Lox-, 26 August 2009 - 12:23 PM.

--
Lox
HTC Hero (FRA)

davidhorn

davidhorn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:SmartPhones, Pocket PCs, anything else, etc.
I'd recommend avoiding the latest HTC generic until the fast ROM Paul played with is released. This one has quite a few problems:

* Facebook / People sync is broken, it won't download photos or show updates.
* Peculiar SD card glitch (possibly related to above)
* Paid apps not showing in Market

Gone back to the stock T-Mobile for now, waiting for the new fast one. :-)

ritdaw

ritdaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7
So does the new radio give better reception? What are everyone's thoughts?

Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

So does the new radio give better reception? What are everyone's thoughts?

Yeah seems to be a little better, it's interesting where i live the reception is not great for orange, and ive been getting the no service message quite a lot (almost led me to send the phone back) but it seems better ish with the new radio update on!

Shall keep an eye and let you know :D

ritdaw

ritdaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Yeah seems to be a little better, it's interesting where i live the reception is not great for orange, and ive been getting the no service message quite a lot (almost led me to send the phone back) but it seems better ish with the new radio update on!

Shall keep an eye and let you know :D

I will keep an eye on this thread to see what peoples thoughts are! I really want to get my signal a little better, but won't do the upgrade unless it proves to be useful. Out of interest, I presume this can be done and it doesn't affect the ROM i.e. still have an unrooted phone? Or not? It's a work phone so I am a little wary of flashing things!

Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I will keep an eye on this thread to see what peoples thoughts are! I really want to get my signal a little better, but won't do the upgrade unless it proves to be useful. Out of interest, I presume this can be done and it doesn't affect the ROM i.e. still have an unrooted phone? Or not? It's a work phone so I am a little wary of flashing things!

I wouldn't worry about doing it mate, its not very complicated!

Stevie B

Stevie B

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Well I installed the radio update earlier today hoping to get better T-Mobile reception. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened - still crap. I would like to know if there are any release notes for the radip updates so I/we can find out exactly what is being fixed.

Nothin' is easy

dalim

dalim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
No harm in doing this update. Does not affect the ROM, works on unrooted and does not make the signal any worse (no reports so far).

worth a punt IMO!

ritdaw

ritdaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

No harm in doing this update. Does not affect the ROM, works on unrooted and does not make the signal any worse (no reports so far).

worth a punt IMO!

Might give it a go tomorrow then.....

zyborg

zyborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond
I'm trying to update to the newest radio (63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15). Doing this straight after having updated to Modaco Custom Hero ROM 1.1. After second boot, I've now been looking at the "Formatting CACHE:..." message on the CyanogenMod system recovery screen for 10 minutes... Is that normal?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Just hit the trackball - it's actually done, and is waiting for your command! :D

P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users